• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Mandatory PSP update came out today. 6.61 FW

stryke

a point .01 update on Vita this week that attempted to block TN-V but failed and a .01 update on PSP that blocked CFW successfully? sony is up to something.

The TN-V hasn't worked since 3.18. The recent update for Vita had more to do with being a stop gap solution to blocking custom bubbles while they work to plug the exploit games.

HeeHo

Will I not be able to download directly from the PSN store without it? I wanted Brandish, but I guess I can do a ps3 transfer, didn't want to though...

lol I haven't turn it on in a while. It has my old hub settings. I will need to get that back out, and set it back up just for this lol

Will I not be able to download directly from the PSN store without it? I wanted Brandish, but I guess I can do a ps3 transfer, didn't want to though...
You need to update to get on the PS store buy any means i hear. I know for sure on the PSP and Computer store, but idk ps3?

I was fairly certain not having newest firmware could also stop transfers from PS3.

Heard it stops the ps3 transfer, Dont Quote me, but thats what i heard.

randomkid

Hmm, so if I install this update, I'll never be able to soft-mod my PSP, and if I don't install this update, I'll never be able to download or transfer new things on to my PSP, even through PS3 transfer? Did I get that right?

What a bizarre thing. It's like somebody at Sony had a bad week and decided to make things potentially somewhat inconvenient for the tiny set of people who still use their PSPs.

Wololo hasn't updated yet, I might pull out my (near dead) PSP and try it just to see what all it does since I haven't used it in years and don't care if it removes homebrew from it.

Pillville

what_year_is_it.jpg

The first year that we are alive, but he isn't. :(

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
PSP was underappreciated. It was a handheld with good western third party support. Truly one of a kind. It deserves one last update for old times sake.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
so it kills the soft mod. interesting. sony with the sneak updates.

For now. Someone will surely decrypt it and then it's back to business as usual.

But since there's no games that REQUIRE this and online is all but dead for support on PSP: Why the fuck would you update? Just stay at 6.60 and use the CFW there.

Shinriji

For now. Someone will surely decrypt it and then it's back to business as usual.

But since there's no games that REQUIRE this and online is all but dead for support on PSP: Why the fuck would you update? Just stay at 6.60 and use the CFW there.

I just bought some PSP games in this last sale. Maybe I want to put them in my PSP?

You need to update to get on the PS store buy any means i hear. I know for sure on the PSP and Computer store, but idk ps3?

Heard it stops the ps3 transfer, Dont Quote me, but thats what i heard.

MediaGo too? Man, I've been meaning to buy some of the Square PS1 games and Rayman 1 for my newly-acquired PSP, but damned if I'm going to be forced to update and lose that slowdown fix fan patch for War of the Lions.

Whogie

I'm back up and running with CFW on 6.61 :)
http://wololo.net/talk/viewtopic.php?p=376087

-----
http://wololo.net/2015/01/17/psp-custom-firmwares-for-firmware-6-61-possible-currently-being-updated/ said:
After taking the firmware apart, we were able to check if the firmware 6.61 patches the 6.60 exploits…

And it does not. All the signed content is still working
Killing CFW may have just been a side-effect of whatever that update really was.

Top Bottom