• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Mario Game tease

jarosh

super mario galaxy ds.

a new super mario world style 2d game with the galaxy setting and all its implied creativity and wackiness translated to 2d. that's what i want at least.

wrowa

Haunted said:
Mario Party 9!!
You know, if they release MP9 in 2010 there would have been 3 years between MP8 and MP9. Maybe the new MP could be something like a decent game this time around.

God, who am I kidding. That series is just getting worse and worse. And, ironically, judging by the sales of MP8 more successful at the same time.

Akai

RBH said:
For fuck's sake, please give us a new Mario Golf or Mario Tennis game.

With WiiSports existing and Camelot busy working on Golden Sun DS, my guess is you'll be waiting for a very long time...

TreIII

What about that "Super Mario Museum" we heard about around E3 Time?

Even if it's just a collection of older titles, maybe they'd want to have his voice for something relating to that.

Captain N

Akai said:
With WiiSports existing and Camelot busy working on Golden Sun DS, my guess is you'll be waiting for a very long time...

when was it confirmed to be made by Camelot?

The new Mario game is what Retro is working on.

Zek

Contempt For Challenge
This is complete non-news, there's always going to be at least one spinoff Mario title in development at any given time.

AniHawk

EAD Tokyo is working on another game in addition to SMG 2. My guess it's the long-awaited Mario vs. Sonic platformer.

Akai

Captain N said:
when was it confirmed to be made by Camelot?

E3...

Blackbird| said:
Camelot can work in more than one game at a time

Only 33 people work at Camelot (not all of which are programmers), so I very much doubt they are working on both an RPG and a console game at the same time...

TreIII

AniHawk said:
EAD Tokyo is working on another game in addition to SMG 2. My guess it's the long-awaited Mario vs. Sonic platformer.

This would be DAY 1, if true. :D

You beat him at E3! Holla at him, and see if you can get any dirt! :lol

Akai said:
E3...

Only 33 people work at Camelot (not all of which are programmers), so I very much doubt they are working on both an RPG and a console game at the same time...

Wikipedia says they have 59 employers

Opiate

As an impartial observer, I fully expect the next Mario Party to be a big deal for Nintendo.

It was a 1-2 million seller for them for years. By game standards, that's very respectable for a single platform franchise, but puts it in the lower-middle area for Nintendo.

Then, Mario Party 8 sold ~6 million. To put that in perspective, that's better than any game Sony has produced this generation by a wide margin, and second only to Halo from Microsoft (yes, it's better than Gears).

I think Nintendo has re-evaluated this franchise, and upgraded it from "low-mid level franchise to be exploited every year" to "major franchise we need to be careful with."

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Opiate said:
As an impartial observer, I fully expect the next Mario Party to be a big deal for Nintendo.

It was a 1-2 million seller for them for years. By game standards, that's very respectable for a single platform franchise.

Then, Mario Party 8 sold ~6 million. To put that in perspective, that's better than any game Sony has produced this generation by a wide margin, and second only to Halo from Microsoft (yes, it's better than Gears).

I think Nintendo has re-evaluated this franchise, and upgraded it from "low-mid level franchise to be exploited every year" to "major franchise we need to be careful with."

Interesting hypothesis. Certainly would explain the absence of another iteration.

Akai

Blackbird| said:
Wikipedia says they have 59 employers

Perhaps they recently gained a bunch of people, because I'm pulling my numbers directly from their site (which is updated regularly)...If they have that many that's great...

vanty

I'd definitely like a new Mario Party game that's actually really well made for once. No reason it can't sell like MK Wii if it's done right.

if its Mario party THEY BETTER FUCKING ADD DONKEY KONG BACK IN THE ROSTER!!

Definitely not Paper Mario I think.. he doesn't talk right? I honestly don't remember him talking in #2

AnnSwag

angry @ Blu-Ray's success
Another Mario game? Oh boy, I never expected that!

Seriously, though, this is pretty great. Don't they usually not start recording lines until late in production? This may not be too far off...

test_account

XP-39C²
inner-G said:
Mario Kart Wii/DS 2?
DefectiveReject said:
Due to the Success of Mario Kart Wii, i'm actually expecting them to throw out another one to boost Wii sales April time.
Ye, i also thought about a new Mario Kart game when i read that it wasnt New Super Mario Bros or Super Mario Galaxy 2.

Speaking of Super Mario Galaxy 2, when is it going to be released?

iceatcs

I have played most of his game and I've just realise that Mario do speak in voice.

Seem I'm truly deaf :)

Top Bottom