• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Marvel Game to be Announced May 19 2022

manfestival

Is she, or is it just wishful thinking?
Yeah it is pretty common knowledge(if you know comics) that she is universally disliked. Of course like all things, she has some fans but like 90% of the base either dislikes her or has not a care in the world for her. Her comic was DOA and her "presence" even in current writings further cements this point.

jaysius

Banned

Play field is overly busy for no reason at all.

This looks worse than some of the shitty F2P card gotchas out there already. Hard to believe the guy that made Hearthstone had anything to do with this game's design. Hearthstone is tight, beautiful looking and not too busy.

Last edited:
Kenan Thompson Reaction GIF by Saturday Night Live

Insomniac

Help Me Out GIF by ALLBLK

Last edited:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

Javthusiast

Banned
She is, there's been no positive buzz about her since 2017.
Though to be fair I stopped following what she's been up to a while back, but it seems the internet still hates her.

Nobody reads the fucking comics compared to the massive mcu fanbase or follows those grifters on youtube hating woke marvel etc. comics.

Her not being popular there will do jack shit. If they manage to make her popular and likeable in movies and shows she will be.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
Christ on Christmas but I would watch that intro teaser as a TV show (if they let someone like Adam Reed (Archer) or Duncan Trussell or Justin Roiland (You know the show) have control over it).

. . .cautiously optimistic about the game. Brode knows how to design a fun CCG and snappier (literally no pun intended) gameplay; easy sign-up for the closed beta.

Wow, they really, REALLY want us to love America Chavez, don't they?

Never heard of her until I just Googled based off this. I think you might be oversensitive.

. . .good reminder though to check out the new DR. STRANGE.

Last edited:
...You think I have to go back to 199x to find cases where franchise holders ripped off established game design to release their own title in a popular genre?

It's a tale as old as time.
Yes, and alot of them are uninspired...thats my point. Disney is about following established conventions to rake in as much dough as possible. The board room seems to make more decisions than the artist hence why starwars, MCU and much of their recent pixar films are formulaic af. I'm saying that them now getting into games well see the same. They won't be bad but they will be formulaic af. We won't see them make anything ground breaking like we saw with KOTOR or Spidey 2.

CamHostage

Yes, and alot of them are uninspired...thats my point. Disney is about following established conventions to rake in as much dough as possible. The board room seems to make more decisions than the artist hence why starwars, MCU and much of their recent pixar films are formulaic af. I'm saying that them now getting into games well see the same. They won't be bad but they will be formulaic af. We won't see them make anything ground breaking like we saw with KOTOR or Spidey 2.

Would you like a list of the many, many, many games and entertainment releases not by Disney that are still formulaic af? Or can we put this conversation to bed with one word: "Soulslike"

Last edited:
This is what Ben Brode (and a dozen others) left Hearthstone to do?

Every "flaw" they talk about regarding card games is not a flaw to me. Games only 3 minutes? 12 card decks? No real turn phases? Really catering to the TikTok audience I guess.

Not gonna dismiss it outright since I like the team but.... eh...

Last edited:
Would you like a list of the many, many, many games and entertainment releases not by Disney that are still formulaic af? Or can we put this conversation to bed with one word: "Soulslike"
Formulaic isn't bad in a vaccum
no heart isnt bad in a vaccum

combining the two is terrible. Assassins creed has been formulaic, no heart and uninspired. HFW might be formulaic but isn't uninspired. It's not hard to grasp. Ghost of Tsushima is formulaic, but has alot of heart and isnt uninspired. So yes, you can list some great soulslike games that follow the formula. i'm sure the good ones (Hollow knight, Nioh, S&S) have heart while some (code vien, lords of fallen, the surge) not as much.

CamHostage

Formulaic isn't bad in a vaccum
no heart isnt bad in a vaccum

combining the two is terrible. Assassins creed has been formulaic, no heart and uninspired. HFW might be formulaic but isn't uninspired. It's not hard to grasp. Ghost of Tsushima is formulaic, but has alot of heart and isnt uninspired.

Marvel Snap is a phone game.

Go play other phone games. You will learn a great deal about the true depths of inspiration and formula.

Nickolaidas

Banned
Christ on Christmas but I would watch that intro teaser as a TV show (if they let someone like Adam Reed (Archer) or Duncan Trussell or Justin Roiland (You know the show) have control over it).

. . .cautiously optimistic about the game. Brode knows how to design a fun CCG and snappier (literally no pun intended) gameplay; easy sign-up for the closed beta.

Never heard of her until I just Googled based off this. I think you might be oversensitive.

. . .good reminder though to check out the new DR. STRANGE.
The fact that you've never heard of her and yet she's front and center basically proves my point.

Marvel Snap is a phone game.

Go play other phone games. You will learn a great deal about the true depths of inspiration and formula.
That’s kind of my point. What ever is a popular money maker at the time they will slap a Disney ip on it to capitalize on that trend. Soon get a marvel battle royale.

N30RYU

not a single word on how you will get cards... I guess you'll have to spend cubes to make pulls... but what if you don't have 1 cube to play pvp?? is there any other mode aside from pvp? are we gonna be tied to some free cubes a day to either pull for cards or be able to play a match? sounds fishy and p2w to me tbh.

DelireMan7

My first reaction was bad but actually seeing it made by ex dev of Hearthstone gave me hope. I had my fun on Hearthstone quite a few years ago.

I watch the gameplay and it looks interesting. I like the fast games. And it's a free to play so worth a try for me.

But yes this is nothing more than a cash grab and time game, so in this sense it's bad.

Top Bottom