• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Marvel vs Capcom Infinite Roster/Season roll out leak

Status
Not open for further replies.
How does this game come out this year, but we only know like 6 or 8 characters?

When they release new info are they just going to show like 20 new characters? Or maybe once marketing kicks into gear, show off 2 characters every week or something for like 3 months?

laughing-gifs-jonah-jameson.gif

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Reads like fanwank. Asura particularly tips it off.

Dahbomb

When they release new info are they just going to show like 20 new characters? Or maybe once marketing kicks into gear, show off 2 characters every week or something for like 3 months?
We know and have seen half the roster already.

Iron Man, Ryu, Captain Marvel, Megaman, Captain America, Morrigan, Ultron, Sigma, Thor, Hawkeye, Rocket, Chris, Chun Li, Hulk, Strider.

We have the biggest gaming convention, biggest comic convention, and biggest fighting game tournament all happening in the next two months. Plenty of opportunity to reveal batches of characters.

So no X-men for more than a year?

Doubt it'll be that long. Just not within the first few months.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Anyone else not care at all about the Capcom side? I just want Marvel Injustice 2.

110%

the x-men, capcom characters & chasing the tournament crowd don't seem like relevant things to focus on in 2017

give me a big MCU cast, w/ lots of repeatable, compelling single player content to earn currency to unlock more MCU cast & costumes as new movies come out. throw in the ability to purchase this currency for real cash and you're set

110%

the x-men, capcom characters & chasing the tournament crowd don't seem like relevant things to focus on in 2017

give me a big MCU cast, w/ lots of repeatable, compelling single player content to earn currency to unlock more MCU cast & costumes as new movies come out. throw in the ability to purchase this currency for real cash and you're set

I'm not sure I will ever understand why people actively want microtransactions in their games.

This confirmed?
Its much better than the rice list
Its much better than the leaked list
Oh its much better than the rice list because its fucking fake

Xmen and Fantastic Four, Black Widow and Black Panther?? Who were we kidding

lol. For real.

Personally it bugs me to no end seeing people come up with their roster wishlists for whatever game, but they purposefully add in an extra spot for DLC. If its your own wishlist for a hypothetical game, why not just make them part of the full roster, and hope that everything's fine without the DLC in the first place?

Though that really just applies for hypothetical games, rather than for stuff like MvCI where we kind of know what the starting roster is going to be.

Order

This thread still not locked? If Ryce said it's fake, all it's doing is getting people people's hopes up for no reason.

jon bones

I'm not sure I will ever understand why people actively want microtransactions in their games.

lol. For real.

do you think developers can afford to create a ton of costumes & new characters for each MCU movie for free?

these are the realities of software development in 2017, and i am very sorry to have to be the one to break it to you

Personally it bugs me to no end seeing people come up with their roster wishlists for whatever game, but they purposefully add in an extra spot for DLC. If its your own wishlist for a hypothetical game, why not just make them part of the full roster, and hope that everything's fine without the DLC in the first place?

Though that really just applies for hypothetical games, rather than for stuff like MvCI where we kind of know what the starting roster is going to be.

how can they put Namor in the game if they haven't been revealed in the MCU yet?

why start the roster with The Wasp now when you can release her in line with her movie?

Giga Man

Me neither. I'm of the belief that people would rather spend as less money as possible.

Same here.

do you think developers can afford to create a ton of costumes & new characters for each MCU movie for free?

these are the realities of software development in 2017, and i am very sorry to have to be the one to break it to you

Well it wouldn't be for free, as you are presumably buying the game from them, which is not free. I think it's silly as a consumer to be making excuses about the "realities of software development" as if you actually have any clue how much it costs to make any of this.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
This Riku leak has had various permutations over the past month or so and definitely doesn't deserve its own thread. Way too much up in the air and conflicting in general to make a thread for every alleged leak; of which there have been many.

I'm surprised this thread hasn't been locked, yet. Ryce already shot this rumor down.
People are desperate to believe in anything other than Ryce's roster. They'll just end-up being more disappointed but I totally understand where they are coming from.

The real roster is pretty bad.

jon bones

Well it wouldn't be for free, as you are presumably buying the game from them, which is not free. I think it's silly as a consumer to be making excuses about the "realities of software development" as if you actually have any clue how much it costs to make any of this.

this is what i want, from both a professional (who actually does know what software development takes & costs) and a consumer perspective:
-i pay $60, and get a full feature rich game. it has tons of repeatbale single player content, robust online modes and a sizable roster.

-in October, Marvel ramps up their Thor Ragnarok marketing.

-as a result, the devs (who have been working for months, and require payment for this work) release Valkyrie, a stage and some costumes.

-players who played a lot since release will have enough in-game currency to buy some of this stuff. maybe some costumes you can only get with real money - so some people can buy in to look different online. a lot of players will have to pay for this content.

-in January, Marvel ramps up their Black Panther marketing and the cycle continues.

as a video game player, i get a nice carrot / stick, a platform to build a collection of costumes/characters on, and a bit of hype every time a movie i like comes out

as a company, they earn a steady paycheck and incentive to continue working on the platform and similar games

win/win in 2017

You really think these devs will continue releasing characters and costumes based on new movie releases for years just because you paid for the base game? That's simply not feasible. Some people like the idea of having an all-in-one fanservice game that pulls from comics and movies/TV, and outside of devs constantly pumping out yearly sequels, this is how that idea would have to work.

Why does it say "Leon Kennedy" but also only say "Chris"? Shouldn't it either be "Leon" and "Chris" or "Leon Kennedy" and "Chris Redfield"?

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
List is very suspect considering Songbird is on there.

I rarely get the characters I want, especially someone out of left field like her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom