• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Mega Man concept art accidentally inserted into MMLC2's gallery

RRockman

Banned
Dude Dude Dude omg

Yuji Ishihara

GOAT Starforce Art

Doing art for a mainline Megaman game

Oh my goodness capcom what are you hiding from us? Why are you hiding from us? I will love you for ever if this can actually come out!

1340433133397.jpeg

RRockman

Banned
Why would someone assume it's necessarily from a project in production and not a cancelled project?

Cause they probably aren't a cynic. There is know way to tell either way really unless capcom comes out saying something or they just ignore it. I wager itd also be possible for it to be from a canceled project but like if enough people freakout about it the could quietly turn it back on. Either way unfortunately we won't know what's what untill capcom does something.

Although they JUST had their site redesigned recently and I kinda think that's a little too suspicious.

The fact that this design has tons of elements pulled from the Smash Bros redesign of classic Mega Man at least places it after Smash's release in terms of when it was made. Hopefully it's not a canceled project.

I like the idea of Mega Man changing his appearance with each power, it's a good way to modernize the ability-borrowing stuff (and Mighty No 9 tried to do it but... well. it was mighty no 9) but we'll see if anything actually comes from this

gafneo

Banned
Seeing that Capcom made 2 new Megaman games in the recent years, they could be making a new retro style game. Maybe a ps1 style game sequel to X series.

You're guessing that it was accidental and assuming it was a fuck up

Vs. the possibility of Capcom just sneaking it in as a tease

If it was a tease, I think it would have been labeled as ?????? or something versus Design Concept [3] when there isn't a 1 or 2.

Why would Capcom tease a game they are going to cancel anyways?

No this is certainly a mess up. It's only the MM8 gallery, and it's only a single image. It's not a hidden unlock or anything special, it's literally just a mess up.

Peltz

The fact that this design has tons of elements pulled from the Smash Bros redesign of classic Mega Man at least places it after Smash's release in terms of when it was made. Hopefully it's not a canceled project.

I like the idea of Mega Man changing his appearance with each power, it's a good way to modernize the ability-borrowing stuff (and Mighty No 9 tried to do it but... well. it was mighty no 9) but we'll see if anything actually comes from this

Unless this art came from a collection that was the inspiration for the smash version of the character.

Tsunamo

What a time to be alive if we get a new Megaman again.

Granted it wouldn't be that too suprising if the Legacy Collection/s have sold well, but it'd still be great.

Would kill for a Megaman Zero 5 on console! I'm not the biggest classic Megaman fan (I prefer the other series more) but right now any Megaman is good Megaman, I just hope that they don't go 8bit again.

I like the proportions for this megaman. Really good design. The design looks like what megaman would look like with gutsman's power. I hope something will come from this. Personally I'd like a megaman legends style game with modern action games flair with this megaman look,

Possibly "accidentally" included in the game to gauge interest?

WarRock

Battle Network Collection will hopefully be next, but it will probably be X before that and then maybe a Legends Trilogy (Tronn, not MML3) collection before Battle Network and Zero

Wee need a Battle Network Collection.
I would buy it 7 times.

BN1-4 with retranslations/fixed typos, fixed glitches and some tweaks, 5-6 with online and all of them with in game unlockables for all Number Codes and event/multiplayer chips and I barely will play anything else for decades.

wwm0nkey

I would buy it 7 times.

BN1-4 with retranslations/fixed typos, fixed glitches and some tweaks, 5-6 with online and all of them with in game unlockables for all Number Codes and event/multiplayer chips and I barely will play anything else for decades.

BN3 lasted me soooooooo many hours, helped that the end game was super good and long (at least imo)

wwm0nkey

Yeah that's the thing. There are plenty of people who could make an amazing MM game, but I'm kind of expecting Capcom to shove it iff to some mobile company or something.

Now hear me out, they already had Nintendo in on this and this is based off the Smash design...maybe they just decided to put another Nintendo thing in the game hahaha

Also I still fully believe

2017 Mega Man Show: Mobile Game
Classic Mega Man: New multi-plat game

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
If fucking Mega Man 11 ends up on cellphones, I'll cry rivers for eternity. Big release please. Art looks cool.

WarRock

BN3 lasted me soooooooo many hours, helped that the end game was super good and long (at least imo)
BN3 is incredibly big. Granted, there is quite some grinding after the end to do a lot of the extra stuff, but the payoff is worth it, having both new gameplay and story elements.

I don't envy who went through all the trouble to get the last giga chip though orz

Opa-Pa

Deliberate teasing would be cool, but this definitely isn't it in my eyes.

You might want to hit Google on that. It's more information than you might think.

I'm also very mad at Capcom for a lot of the things they've done, but at this point it feels like they'll get shit for the smallest mistakes that barely even affect the games. Like, I found that other thread about how they left the "licensed by Nintendo" thing in MM7 and found it funny, but people get pretty aggresive very quickly over minor stuff like that lol.

KingBroly

Banned
If fucking Mega Man 11 ends up on cellphones, I'll cry rivers for eternity. Big release please. Art looks cool.

It won't be Mega Man 11

It will be Mega Man Change-It-Up on Mobile. Like Sonic Dash and Mario Run, it will be an endless runner where you have to defeat bosses and use their power-ups to clear more obstacles.

$19.99, only on iOS

KingBroly

Banned
Deliberate teasing would be cool, but this definitely isn't it in my eyes.

I'm also very mad at Capcom for a lot of the things they've done, but at this point it feels like they'll get shit for the smallest mistakes that barely even affect the games. Like, I found that other thread about how they left the "licensed by Nintendo" thing in MM7 and found it funny, but people get pretty aggresive very quickly over minor stuff like that lol.

"licenced by Nintendo"

Licenced

Everyone hoping for a new Mega Man might want to try out Mighty Gunvolt Burst on the Switch/3DS eShop from Inti Creates, the team behind Mega Man Zero 1-4 and Mega Man 9 and 10. It's absolutely phenomenal.

If Capcom is making some kind of Mega Man 11 I certainly hope Inti Creates is involved in it. They've really got the formula down.

Everyone hoping for a new Mega Man might want to try out Mighty Gunvolt Burst on the Switch/3DS eShop from Inti Creates, the team behind Mega Man Zero 1-4 and Mega Man 9 and 10. It's absolutely phenomenal.

If Capcom is making some kind of Mega Man 11 I certainly hope Inti Creates is involved in it. They've really got the formula down.

And also the ZX Series.

But I've had enough with the Original Series, time for some attention for the X-Series or MMBN Series!

It won't be Mega Man 11

It will be Mega Man Change-It-Up on Mobile. Like Sonic Dash and Mario Run, it will be an endless runner where you have to defeat bosses and use their power-ups to clear more obstacles.

$19.99, only on iOS

I don't think it's too ridiculous to assume that Capcom are willing to make games for the fans of the franchise. Just look at RE7 and REMake 2. A return to classic Resident Evil gameplay with a twist and a traditional remake of RE2.

It's not too crazy to assume that Capcom would be interested in making another digital Mega Man game. Especially after the survey from MMLC that actually asked Japanese fans if they wanted a new game in the franchise alongside further legacy collections.

1upsuper

A new MM platformer with the BN style would be amazing. But I never liked the BN series itself so hopefully it's not a new one of those. But that would be better than what we are gonna get: nothing.

Top Bottom