• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Mega Man concept art accidentally inserted into MMLC2's gallery

Everyone hoping for a new Mega Man might want to try out Mighty Gunvolt Burst on the Switch/3DS eShop from Inti Creates, the team behind Mega Man Zero 1-4 and Mega Man 9 and 10. It's absolutely phenomenal.

If Capcom is making some kind of Mega Man 11 I certainly hope Inti Creates is involved in it. They've really got the formula down.

Agree with this. Mighty Gunvolt took the basic designs of Mighty No 9's cast and made a far better game while they were at it. Any fan of Mega Man should really give it a try. Definitely one of my surprises of the year.

As for a new Mega Man game, can't see it happening. Maybe I've just become incredibly cynical but I just can't imagine Capcom making a new entry in the series (or at least one that isn't an awful mobile game). I'd be happy to be proved wrong but I doubt I will be.

Still, Legacy Collection 2 is excellent, I finally have physical copies of 9 and 10 so I'm happy. Plus I still think an X collection is probably going to happen at some stage in the future.

WarRock

It won't be Mega Man 11

It will be Mega Man Change-It-Up on Mobile. Like Sonic Dash and Mario Run, it will be an endless runner where you have to defeat bosses and use their power-ups to clear more obstacles.

$19.99, only on iOS
You should google Megaman X-Over.

Manu

Um, so, did you guys see the new Roll artwork that was just released for a new Nendoroid?

goods_170922_nendoroll_01.jpg

Looks like it was drawn by the same person from the Mega Man art. The TGS panel for the series' 30th anniversary is coming tomorrow too. There's definitely something going on here.

Um, so, did you guys see the new Roll artwork that was just released for a new Nendoroid?

Looks like it was drawn by the same person from the Mega Man art. The TGS panel for the series' 30th anniversary is coming tomorrow too. There's definitely something going on here.
HYPE

Killah

This makes me really want a new Megaman of the EXE variety.

What I'd give for 2.5D remakes of the games with online play.

SoulUnison

Banned
I'd give so much for Capcom to ignore BN6 ever happened and continue the series, or just flat-out reboot Battle Network.

Death to Star Force.

Some Mega Man Classic with Battle Network design inspirations isn't a bad consolation prize, though.

There's definitely something going on here.

On the one hand I find it strange that Capcom would devote panel time to MM's 30th anniversary without some sort of game news. But then I remember its Capcom and this is probably just about merchandising and not about a new game.

Then again, Marvel Vs Capcom Infinite has an oddly high amount of MMX content - having a really nicely done X (moves wise that has a nice nod to past games), Zero and Sigma in several forms (his final boss form is one of my favourite things about that game...) makes me at least glad someone cares about the series. Which I think means we'll get a couple of X collections that bundle X1-6 on current consoles at some point. I'm not expecting anything else.

MAtgS

Calling it now: she's wearing spats underneath.

(The outfit looks like its meant for gameplay.)

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
If this is a sidescrolling Mega Man 11, on PC and consoles, I will probably cry tears of joy when it's announced. If it's a new "series", hard pass for me. I want classic. I need classic.

TreIII

It'd be nice if we could get a new, non-mobile game that was well made.

Still keeping hype levels at minimum, though.

aadiboy

I expect a new game to be based off the cartoon, so basically Mega Man Boom. Mega Man 11 would be cool, but I'm not getting my hopes up. Capcom really only cares about Street Fighter, Resident Evil, and Monster Hunter anymore, everything else is just remasters and remakes.

Opa-Pa

Holy shit it's happening, it has to be happening.

I expect a new game to be based off the cartoon, so basically Mega Man Boom. Mega Man 11 would be cool, but I'm not getting my hopes up. Capcom really only cares about Street Fighter, Resident Evil, and Monster Hunter anymore, everything else is just remasters and remakes.

I'd assume this too if it wasn't for those Mega Man and Roll designs, if there's a game then those are obviously from it and we already know the new cartoon looks nothing like that.

Mariolee

But this is what the cartoon Mega Man looks like, which is nothing like the design in the OP.

Opa-Pa

Only cynical, very Capcom-like scenario I can come up with is that those designs are indeed from a new game... But it's the upcoming mobile game they have yet to show off.

Zubz

Banned
I know I shouldn't get my hopes up, but Mega Man making a BN-sequel transformation & potentially playable Roll make it hard to keep them down.

TreIII

Mega Man 11 would be cool, but I'm not getting my hopes up. Capcom really only cares about Street Fighter, Resident Evil, and Monster Hunter anymore, everything else is just remasters and remakes.

While I'm skeptical as well, there is one thing that should be taken into account: As of now, Capcom STILL lacks a real "kid friendly"/"all ages" mid-tier franchise that they could make with lower budgets, release on a yearly/semi-yearly schedule and make plenty of bank off of so that they can fund their more expensive franchises.

Back in the early to mid 2000s, that was Rockman all over, with how the X, Zero and especially EXE/MMBN games gave Capcom plenty of money. Since then, Capcom hasn't had such a cash cow to rely on, and has only started to jeopardize the well-being of some of their others, like Sengoku BASARA.

They really could use a Mega Man that does his job, right now.

Toxi

Banned
Capcom's making plenty of bad business decisions right now, so another Megaman game would fit right in.

Opa-Pa

Dengeki Nintendo twitter account retweeted the Roll artwork yesterday,maybe there is something going to happen

DUDE.

Capcom's making plenty of bad business decisions right now, so another Megaman game would fit right in.

lmao

God I hope so. There were figures of her that would get you put on a list because of the lack of shorts.

That's like 90% of the Roll merch out there, sadly :(

Top Bottom