• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Metal Gear Solid V Day Time Demo: Must Watch!

raven777

Konami gonna Konami, I suppose. I bet their idea of direct-feed footage is a 720p Youtube video, too.

The direct footage will definitely be on youtube, so don't expect really high quality.

the official blog says they will upload the video after they are done with the MS demo(which was already more than 24 hours ago).

The site does mention that the content of the video and time of upload is subject to change.

rvy

Banned
The site does mention that the content of the video and time of upload is subject to change.

690w6f0a.gif

man I cant believe that I am saying this, but I am far from impressed.

The animation on snake is still hmm weird, the graphics is not as good as I had hoped it would be. current-gen graphics, stiff animation on snake, hmm I am afraid Kojima production is probably loosing a fan here.

rvy

Banned
I wonder how many of you people that are talking about Snake's animation felt about the shitty, God-awful, clumsy and outdated Snake animation in MGS 4.
I sure as shit didn't see any complains about that awful crap.

MGS V has awesome animation.

raven777

I wonder how many of you people that are talking about Snake's animations felt about the shitty, God-awful, clumsy and outdated Snake animation in MGS 4.

I don't think the animation is perfect, but I think its drastic improvement from MGS4.

The animation improvement from MGS4 -> MGSV seems a lot bigger than MGS3 -> MGS4.

But I do hope they polish out some of the animations, like CQC ones.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
I wonder how many of you people that are talking about Snake's animation felt about the shitty, God-awful, clumsy and outdated Snake animation in MGS 4.

It is an improvement over the jerky and gamey animations of MGSIV, but after the first few showings (which managed to leave out or cleverly edit the jank), it's hard not to be disappointed by MGSV's animation lagging in many areas. The awkward canned bits look worse when a lot of the rest looks really good.

RangerBAD

he specifically said you cant at that point.

Eh, really? Mother Base should have more than one chopper!

Yeah, I meant Ground Zeroes sorry, I shall selfishly hope it's a February release, but we shall see.

To me, there's no way GZ and TPP are two separate games. They've presented GZ like it's that one mission (retrieving Chico) and some cutscenes. The scene with Paz is in the TPP trailer, which suggests Big Boss recovers her in the TPP side.

RangerBAD

Well, they have to fuel up a helicopter. And get a pilot who's willing to crash because their leader asks them to land over an anti-air gun.

You probably have to wait a bit.

They are all prepared to die for Big Boss! (Yeah, I'm sure there's a timer.)

Blader

To me, there's no way GZ and TPP are two separate games. They've presented GZ like it's that one mission (retrieving Chico) and some cutscenes. The scene with Paz is in the TPP trailer, which suggests Big Boss recovers her in the TPP side.

Konami has already said they plan to release one smaller MGS game this fiscal year and MGSV in the next. Couple that with Kojima's talk about doing digital "pilot" releases ahead of bigger games, and I think all signs point to GZ coming out ahead of TPP.

I think you're right that GZ is just that one mission, but Kojima makes it sound like it's just a glorified tutorial anyway, so GZ is probably more a paid demo than a full-fledged game.

RangerBAD

Konami has already said they plan to release one smaller MGS game this fiscal year and MGSV in the next. Couple that with Kojima's talk about doing digital "pilot" releases ahead of bigger games, and I think all signs point to GZ coming out ahead of TPP.

I think you're right that GZ is just that one mission, but Kojima makes it sound like it's just a glorified tutorial anyway, so GZ is probably more a paid demo than a full-fledged game.

Well, it sounds like a demo to me or it shouldn't be a full MSRP if true. Maybe MGS is going F2P! lol

The scene with Paz is in the TPP trailer, which suggests Big Boss recovers her in the TPP side.

That trailer had a shot of Snake at the beginning of GZ mission after he climbed the cliff. (and snake and chico in the cage).
Plus they said TPP begins after the coma, so all that stuff will be in GZ. The bonus missions should fill it out a bit if they're interesting.

Don't mistake the night time mission they showed for the real one that will be in the game.

RangerBAD

That trailer had a shot of Snake at the beginning of GZ mission after he climbed the cliff. (and snake and chico in the cage).
Plus they said TPP begins after the coma, so all that stuff will be in GZ. The bonus missions should fill it out a bit if they're interesting.

Don't mistake the night time mission they showed for the real one that will be in the game.

I guess they could be flashbacks, but this still smells of Tanker mission to me.

RaijinFY

This game presented as it is currently in 2008 or even 2009 would have put the internet on fire. But now in 2013, for a release in 2014 or even in 2015 is way too late... Almost a generation late... Such a symbol of japanese gaming development struggling to compete with the most impressive western output. Worse is while the game looks current-gen (with great lightning no doubt), it wont be cheap to produce (well a AAA bugdet game) against the first real next-gen output coming next year...

RangerBAD

Realism? What's real about a franchise where in the year 2014 the world is controlled by a sentient AI communicating with nano machines injected into every soldier, gigantic walking mechs exist, bipedal robots with organic legs exist, people can talk to each other through nano machine brain communcications. We also have hundred year old snipers, ghosts, psychics, immortals and robot women

I don't remember that. Oh, you mean Rose AI?

NYR94

When are we going to get a release date? Is there any chance that Ground Zeroes comes out in 2013? I don't expect The Phantom Pain in 2013 but at least releasing something would be nice.

Liquidus

Aggressively Stupid
The level of freedom and exploration looks incredible. The voice acting, music, characters look like typical post MGS3 garbage.

Wow!

That hand-to-hand combat looks phenomenal! I'm thoroughly impressed by the level of articulation Snake has in this game. Bad. Ass. Can't wait.

Why do people feel easier difficulties should mean dumber AI? the behavior of the soldiers should be somewhat the same only make it easier to kill/neutralize the enemy.

Halo 1 had enemies who would jump and get cover if they saw you throw a grenade. This is a 2014 game and I couldn't help feel cheated seeing those trained soldiers simply standing there with a dumb exclamation on their head.

The physics need to be improved as wel. The after effects of the grenade looks exactly like mgs3. God.

This is coming from someone who adored mgs. But I can't seem to really care for the direction Kohima has taken. Even the past mgs games have lost the manic after seeing amazing things from others in the industry who aren't as revered as Kojima

Looks really fun but not that excited. Will buy.

Batzi

Banned
man I cant believe that I am saying this, but I am far from impressed.

The animation on snake is still hmm weird, the graphics is not as good as I had hoped it would be. current-gen graphics, stiff animation on snake, hmm I am afraid Kojima production is probably loosing a fan here.

You're not even worthy of being called a Metal Gear fan if you play Metal Gear games for the graphics. Kindly sir, GTFO.

GutsOfThor

This game presented as it is currently in 2008 or even 2009 would have put the internet on fire. But now in 2013, for a release in 2014 or even in 2015 is way too late... Almost a generation late... Such a symbol of japanese gaming development struggling to compete with the most impressive western output. Worse is while the game looks current-gen (with great lightning no doubt), it wont be cheap to produce (well a AAA bugdet game) against the first real next-gen output coming next year...

You hit the nail on the head. I was completely bored watching both videos. Felt like I time traveled back to 2007.

I guess they could be flashbacks, but this still smells of Tanker mission to me.

There's a chance that the full retail game will also contain GZ, which would be one explanation for their reticence to talk about the details if they're trying to sell the 'tanker' mission as a cheap prologue.

RavenH2

Game looks fine. I just want to grab the controller and explore that base, both sneaking and shooting (just to see how it turns out).

I think the problem is not the game but how it's being shown. The TGS demos have been treated as an action game, which makes it look ok, but nothing out of this world.

You see the graphics and can think, "hey Gears had better smoke", "Uncharted 2 had more believable sequences", bla bla bla...

The problem I think is that Hideo isn't showing us the Metal Gear game inside GZ. He's just showing mechanics.. which some may like and some may not... but think how excited we all were with the E3 trailer, it screamed Metal Gear all over.

I gotta say, I just want to play the game to find all that quirky, funny, crazy and incredible details that make a MGS. Period. If it has one extra pixel in the Next-Gen version, or if it has dithering on the hair... I couldn't care less... what matters is the game.

Man, I remember the first time I looked at snake's face in MGS1 and though "Bruce Willis's Apocalypse has better models than that"... but then I played the game... and never ever thougth it looked bad...it was perfect (and still is)

I just want to play this game.. It's a Kojima game, and that's what appeals to me. Even after all this years, I still find silly little things and major plot developpments hidden in his games...

/rant

raven777

Kojima's TGS interviews are really weird...

he is very vague on whether GZ will be a separated game from TPP. He sounds like it will be included in TPP but not sure...

Also, GZ is not that big (the area) and there won't have a 24 hour cycle in GZ.(meaning the main mission we saw taking place at night will only be at night).

He mentions the size of GZ map is around 1/300 of TPP.

I wonder when they will upload the gameplay video.

BadWolf

Kojima's TGS interviews are really weird...

he is very vague on whether GZ will be a separated game from TPP. He sounds like it will be included in TPP but not sure...

Also, GZ is not that big (the area) and there won't have a 24 hour cycle in GZ.(meaning the main mission we saw taking place at night will only be at night).

He mentions the size of GZ map is around 1/300 of TPP.

I wonder when they will upload the gameplay video.

Holy shit.

Now there were complaints about those. You just forgot about it. Recycled MGS3 animation complaints.

.GqueB.

Banned
Radar or X-ray/tagging both allows you to keep track of your enemies. Tagging might be more challenging as it's manually done through binoculars, which have never been as useful as in previous MGS games. And unlike the radar, X-ray doesn't show you where your opponent is looking.

Kojima is hearing feedback on those, so you'll probably get at least one difficulty mode where it won't be available, and can get caught as many times as you want.

I always thought Mark of the Ninja handled this very well. You could see footsteps and get an idea of where your enemy was but you'd only get a full view of the situation once you're getting in the room.

People feel like xray vision is cheating but I think that living in a vacuum where you only rely on your videogame eyes is stupid and not very realistic. That's not how humans operate. We can tell very well where someone is in a space based on sound.

Blader

There's a chance that the full retail game will also contain GZ, which would be one explanation for their reticence to talk about the details if they're trying to sell the 'tanker' mission as a cheap prologue.

Yeah, I fully expect this too - especially since GZ was being played from TPP's mission select screen in the second demo. :lol

rvy

Banned
Now there were complaints about those. You just forgot about it. Recycled MGS3 animation complaints.

I very much don't remember that, all I remember is constanly making fun of them and people telling me that they looked good and worked fine for the game.

BadWolf

If they are separate then getting GZ early and waiting for 2015 to get TPP won't be that bad.

That being said though, getting either in 2015 would be too damn long a wait and they would have to compete with true 2nd year next generation games.

If they are separate then getting GZ early and waiting for 2015 to get TPP won't be that bad.

That being said though, getting either in 2015 would be too damn long a wait and they would have to compete with true 2nd year next generation games.

Financial Year 2015 (which is what they were talking about) starts April 2014.

Top Bottom