• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Metal Gear Survive screenshots

img34.jpg

img35.jpg

img36.jpg

img37.jpg

img38.jpg

img39.jpg

img40.jpg

img41.jpg

Konami Digital Entertainment breaks new ground with an original spin-off from Metal Gear Solid V titled Metal Gear Survive. This title introduces a fresh spirit of exploration, unique mechanics and strategic co-op gameplay.

Metal Gear Survive is a survival action game in an alternative universe. In a struggle to survive, and understand this new environment, players engage in both a Single Play and connected co-op Play. In the battle for survival scavenged materials must be wrought into usable items, gear and weapons if you are to have any hope of making it home.

Key Features

Two ways to play – Single Play and CO-OP Play. These modes are linked via Base Camp. Character progress and gear carries between the two modes.
Build and develop your Base Camp. This offers access to weapon and gear crafting. As well as offering you a command centre for planning missions in Single Play and CO-OP Play.
Gather resources for use in crafting including blue prints and raw materials. These can be gathered in Single play by exploring the environment or won in successful CO-OP missions
Develop Base camp with new facilities to aid survival – including crop growing, animal rearing, food and water storage. As your camp develops you'll gain access to high grade crafting items.
Manage resources, including human essentials such as food and water as well as raw materials used for weapons, defences and expendables.

https://www.konami.com/mg/survive/

Will be a great G2A pickup!

Xux

Looks pretty good. I'm curious just how much single player stuff will be there if there's much of a narrative at all. Definitely grabbing this when it comes out.

I still don't have a great sense of what this is. Like metal gear meets fortnight?

Also looks like an awful lot of reused MGSV assets. Super curious if this will sell for $60 and/or have any sort of single player component.

Peroroncino

Tight gameplay, base building and zombies? Hell yeah, day one.

but seriously Konami, stop being dicks and start doing MGS3 remake

kiguel182

They should do a Battle Royale type of game with this base engine. A game like that that plays like MGSV would be quite something.

Rymuth

Was about to make a thread (with a lot more snarkier title)

anyway, here's the fact sheet, courtesy of Gematsu
About

Konami Digital Entertainment breaks new ground with an original spin-off from Metal Gear Solid V titled Metal Gear Survive. This title introduces a fresh spirit of exploration, unique mechanics and strategic co-op gameplay.

Metal Gear Survive is a survival action game in an alternative universe. In a struggle to survive, and understand this new environment, players engage in both a Single Play and connected co-op Play. In the battle for survival scavenged materials must be wrought into usable items, gear and weapons if you are to have any hope of making it home.

Key Features

Two ways to play – Single Play and CO-OP Play. These modes are linked via Base Camp. Character progress and gear carries between the two modes.
Build and develop your Base Camp. This offers access to weapon and gear crafting. As well as offering you a command centre for planning missions in Single Play and CO-OP Play.
Gather resources for use in crafting including blue prints and raw materials. These can be gathered in Single play by exploring the environment or won in successful CO-OP missions
Develop Base camp with new facilities to aid survival – including crop growing, animal rearing, food and water storage. As your camp develops you’ll gain access to high grade crafting items.
Manage resources, including human essentials such as food and water as well as raw materials used for weapons, defences and expendables.

#NotMyMetalGear

I still think this might end up being a decent playing game, since it's build upon the gameplay of MGSV. I don't think I'll buy it though.

Foxxsoxx

Really wish more effort went into the playable space not being Afghanistan 1.1.

It looks so bland, even though I'm sure it'll be fun to play.

VDenter

Banned
This feels like some weird DLC that was originally planned for MGSV that got cut midway through development and then Konami just decided to expand it into its own game.

Santar

There's also a new fact sheet with some new (I think) information:

Key Features

Two ways to play
– Single Play and CO-OP Play. These modes are linked via Base Camp. Character progress and gear carries between the two modes.
Develop Base camp with new facilities to aid survival – including crop growing, animal rearing, food and water storage. As your camp develops you'll gain access to high grade crafting items.

Source: Gematsu

EDIT
Dangit! Didn't see it was already posted :p

Pretty sure this will be a fun game in its own way (they're working with the FOX engine and reusing a shit ton of assets from MGSV, how could they possibly fuck this up?)

It's still disappointing that...this is what will be our next playable Metal Gear game. I don't even need an MGS6 or some unnecessary remake. Just take the concepts and ideas of MGSV and expand upon them.

Interesting. Thanks.

I just don't get it. I mean, at that price, and for the volume it'll do, there have to be lootboxes or some MB coin equivalent. There just has to be. There's no way this financial decision makes any sense otherwise. I get the assets and tech are already there, but it still just seems like an oddball decision, esp for a company that's been communicating via actions, that they don't really wanna do console game dev anymore.

Avtomat

Interesting. Thanks.

I just don't get it. I mean, at that price, and for the volume it'll do, there have to be lootboxes or some MB coin equivalent. There just has to be. There's no way this financial decision makes any sense otherwise. I get the assets and tech are already there, but it still just seems like an oddball decision, esp for a company that's been communicating via actions, that they don't really wanna do console game dev anymore.

I am almost 100% sure there will be, I got into the online FoB bit of MGSV a bit and used to watch streams - a number of those guys were buying MB coins.

Looking at this where it says build your base and gather resources - I can take a guess of what is coming there.

KOMANI

KOMANI
I am almost 100% sure there will be, I got into the online FoB bit of MGSV a bit and used to watch streams - a number of those guys were buying MB coins.

Looking at this where it says build your base and gather resources - I can take a guess of what is coming there.
Streamers bought mother base coins to develop items faster and please their viewers. That shouldn't be an example.

Otherwise, Konami gives out free MB coins weekly.

Perineum

No PvP huh? I'm all for honoring MGS as a Kojima thing, and the fallout made me swear off anything but HD remakes from Konami...however, I love MGO. If they announced PvP I'd bite and be there day 1.

Makes it easier for me to avoid this now unless reviews are through the roof, but the name is tainted now so it'd have to be incredible for reviewers and folks not to shit on this 10x harder than they normally would.

This will be a tough sell for Konami.

Top Bottom