• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Metroid Prime 3 Screens

Hatorade said:
Name one since you're implying there are a few in the forums.

I'm referring to the many "guests" who read GAF and don't reply who are Nintendo fanboys, who frequent GameFAQs and other troll havens...

Snaku said:
It's GAF.

This is true.

All "New screenshots of X" have a similar pattern:

1. New pictures look okay, I guess.
2. What the heck, these pictures aren't as good as the previous ones!
3. DOWNGRADE TOTAL LOL
4. The game will be awesome regardless!!
5. These are just bad captures, the actual game will look better.
7. *Repeat last three steps until good screenshots are released*

fernoca

Branduil said:
bosspd5.gif

But look at the size..the compression..the quality!!
OMG!! Nintendo, what's wrong with you!!!!!!?!!?!?!?!?

dk_

moku said:
HOW TO SPOT A TROLL IN ONE POST

1.)The qualifier. (first bold) "I have always been a huge *Insert company/game* fan" This is used for sympathy, to show "Hey, I am disapointed as well!" when there is no disapointement. Just sheer laughter at said companies/game, and fans of said companies/game expense.

2.)The owndership clause.(second bold) "I pretty much own every system" this shows that he indeed couldnt be trolling, as he owns "pretty much"* every system. *Troll actually owns only one system, or is a big PC player. It alos does help with the qualifier, as it reinforces the sympathy.

3.)The opinion.(Third bold)"But in my opinion" is so the troll can state emphatically that he never said it was fact. This is also used as a shield from bannings, though smarter forum moderators quickly see thru this ruse.

4.)The troll. (Forth bold)"no difference between Gamecube games and Wii games" The troll always comes after the first three, as it's important to set it up. The troll himself knows, that without following this practice a ban is sure to be quick. This allows him time to set up his next attack, in another semi-related topic. New trolls often mis-step early, and have to create mulitple accounts. This is time consuming, so they learn quickly.

5.)The defense. (fifth bold)"where is that trolling?" The most important part of the process is completed here. It shows that becuase he can identify a troll there is no way he himself, could be a troll. A very sneaky tactic, and will often shift focus from himself, onto the accuser, sometimes confusing a forum moderator, and banning the accuser instead of the troll himself, the ultimate troll victory.

Remember this, and the war on trolls can be won.

LOL, you're insane!

moku said:

1.)The qualifier. (first bold) "I have always been a huge *Insert company/game* fan" This is used for sympathy, to show "Hey, I am disapointed as well!" when there is no disapointement. Just sheer laughter at said companies/game, and fans of said companies/game expense.

2.)The owndership clause.(second bold) "I pretty much own every system" this shows that he indeed couldnt be trolling, as he owns "pretty much"* every system. *Troll actually owns only one system, or is a big PC player. It alos does help with the qualifier, as it reinforces the sympathy.

3.)The opinion.(Third bold)"But in my opinion" is so the troll can state emphatically that he never said it was fact. This is also used as a shield from bannings, though smarter forum moderators quickly see thru this ruse.

4.)The troll. (Forth bold)"no difference between Gamecube games and Wii games" The troll always comes after the first three, as it's important to set it up. The troll himself knows, that without following this practice a ban is sure to be quick. This allows him time to set up his next attack, in another semi-related topic. New trolls often mis-step early, and have to create mulitple accounts. This is time consuming, so they learn quickly.

5.)The defense. (fifth bold)"where is that trolling?" The most important part of the process is completed here. It shows that becuase he can identify a troll there is no way he himself, could be a troll. A very sneaky tactic, and will often shift focus from himself, onto the accuser, sometimes confusing a forum moderator, and banning the accuser instead of the troll himself, the ultimate troll victory.

Have I ever told you how awesome you are moku?

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
Just because the game wont look too different from 1 and 2, doesn't mean it wont be a great game.

I dont understand, I thought graphics didn't matter to Nintendopes

KTallguy

Banned
mph_desk_800x600-700961.jpg

Metroid Prime Hunters is interesting, but I don't think the art is any better here.

They look like Megaman bosses combined with that futuristic Bomberman game.

Something about Super Metroid, the designs of the enemies were really well done. I kind of miss that.

moku said:

You need to get a tag like the one Pureauthor has: Trolling for Dummies!

Sharp

KTallguy said:
Metroid Prime Hunters is interesting, but I don't think the art is any better here.

Something about Super Metroid, the designs of the enemies were really well done. I kind of miss that.
Super Metroid has some of the best art in any game ever, as well as possibly the best sprite animation of the 16-bit generation. God I love that game.

tanasten

glad to heard people isn't stupid anymore
****, the wait will kill me. I need videos from Metroid, Mario and Batallion Wars. I know that Smash Bros. isn't going to be "****, great trailer", but I want to know about the characters list.

Linkup

Dark Samus was awesome in MP2. One of the greatest videogame performances I've seen yet. Though the Oscar should go to Samus for that wave off at the end.

So about MP3:C, talking bounty hunters, dark Samus returns, you can control the ship, and other hunters are around. It doesn't exactly sound bad, but of course things could turn out annoying.

I don't necessarily think any of the ideas are great, but Retro's given me two games I've enjoyed the hell out of and I have no problem with giving them the benefit of the doubt.

Saoh

Shpeshal Ed said:
Just because the game wont look too different from 1 and 2, doesn't mean it wont be a great game.

I dont understand, I thought graphics didn't matter to Nintendopes

ok, graphics aren't the most important aspect, but from gen to gen a leap is actually expected.

MP3 looks good, especially the models, but it looks as it did a year ago. i'll wait until friday for a trailer and not heavily compressed pics.us

Sharp

From this thread, I have learned that expecting an update from generation to generation = unrealistic expectations. At least when it comes to the Wii.

Linkup

BrandNew said:

That's about how interesting things will ever get in a metroid game, at least until MP3:C throws in talking bounty hunters and some other elements. I'm interested to see what they do with the other bounty hunters, gotta be better than watching dark samus and samus stare and glare at each other.

Crayon Shinchan

Aquafina Fanboy
Will buy if not overloaded with awesome.

Seriously though... unless another system seller for the Wii comes out (and I mean like Wii Sports), I think most of my purchases will be going towards the PC, the PS3 and the X360 first.

I mean... a hundred bucks AUD (that's 82USD!) for a game with last gen graphics and possibly awkward controls?

Would have to be damn good. At least Zelda quality good.

tanasten

glad to heard people isn't stupid anymore
Crayon Shinchan said:

Seriously though... unless another system seller for the Wii comes out (and I mean like Wii Sports), I think most of my purchases will be going towards the PC, the PS3 and the X360 first.

I mean... a hundred bucks AUD (that's 82USD!) for a game with last gen graphics and possibly awkward controls?

DO you need that the game is a million seller to buy it? :lol

Is creepy that people sees HD screen shoots of games and are sold when those games ends being shit, and they may be loosing marvellous games on the Wii because it looks at 640x480. Doesn't make any sense in gaming.

Duderz

Banned
Linkup said:
That's about how interesting things will ever get in a metroid game, at least until MP3:C throws in talking bounty hunters and some other elements. I'm interested to see what they do with the other bounty hunters, gotta be better than watching dark samus and samus stare and glare at each other.

Have...have you ever played any other Metroid game without the title "Prime" in it?

The thing you're looking forward to is a glaring contest?

Eteric Rice

Crayon Shinchan said:

Smash Bros Brawl.

It has enough awesome composers to leave skid marks on your soul.

Crayon Shinchan

Aquafina Fanboy
tanasten said:
DO you need that the game is a million seller to buy it? :lol

Is creepy that people sees HD screen shoots of games and are sold when those games ends being shit, and they may be loosing marvellous games on the Wii because it looks at 640x480. Doesn't make any sense in gaming.

No. I don't need it to be a million seller at all.

But I do need it to be instantly appealing to the none gamer, and for it to play to the very core strengths of the Wii.

That is, rougly replicating real life motions with simplistic but iconic graphics with instantly accessible, pick up and put down gameplay.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Crayon Shinchan said:

If you pay retail for games your paying too much :)

NotWii

Banned
TSA said:
Just face it, Metroid Prime 3: Corruption is not going to look as good as Halo 3, so give up fanboys. Just deal with it.
Not even going to look as good as Halo 2 according to these shots ;P

etiolate

Banned
While I like some of the in motion shots I've seen of some of the robotic enemies, Metroid was always more organic than robotic. Sanctuary in Echoes was cool, but it's sort of out of place for Metroid and I wouldn't want a robotic themed planet in a Metroid game. The organic environments and creatures are part of the game's mythic feeling.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
KTallguy said:
mph_desk_800x600-700961.jpg

Those designs are so terrible.

Samus' shitty friends indeed.

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
somebody make a video where dark purple samus and cortana fight, unite, then comfort each other with homoerotic overtones

Top Bottom