• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Metroid Prime Corruption screens (retro am gods)

Dimmuxx

The Amiga Brotherhood
I said wow, this looks really nice..

Firestorm said:
It'll probably look ugly as hell on HDTVs

It will look great on HDTVs with good scalers just like all other <720p games.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
SantaC said:
Am I the only one who is eager to hear Kenji Yamamoto's OST? Both games sported some of the best soundtracks of last generation.

im sure 90% of the people are eager to hear it.

LCGeek

formerly sane
goomba said:
Impressive for Wii . Did they unlock a secret core?

Nope this is what happens is what happens when you're a developer on the architecture who knows what they are doing. After seeing this I'm pumped in seeing what F5 could've done with the considering they pushed GC the most. BTW ksamedi way to miss the sarcasm and jab at the Wii graphical trolls. Whose gonna have a better looking game at the end of the generation on the wii id software engine, retro, capcom, or konami damn things just keep getting better.

jehuty

Besides atmosphere the best part of any metroid game is the music. I'm really hope that Mp3 has a lot of remixed metroid music and that each area has music that just fits it perfectly. I could play Both Metroid Primes just for their music alone (except the dark world..booo).

Bildi

OK, that looks awesome.

scola said:
Nice idea making the face reflection visible as she review information on the face mask, it makes sense and looks awesome (big upgrade from the ugly face in priome 1 and 2, at least you didn't have to look at that for long ;p)
I like the idea too. To see her face in the other games you pretty much had to blow up a missile in your face or get pounded by space pirates.

Pimpbaa

JDSN said:
119828-12-2.jpg

I dont remember watching Samus's reflection while scanning on the other games, is that new?

You could see her eyes during bright flashes and stuff in the other games, but not like this. Her eyes were more simpler looking too. Her eyes in this game seem more detailed and sexy looking.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
beelzebozo said:
maaaaaaaaaaake the best gaaaaaaaame in the world--
or i'll eat your soul
Look into my eyes and it's easy to see
One and one make two, two and one make three,
It was destiny.

fernoca

Pimpbaa said:
You could see her eyes during bright flashes and stuff in the other games, but not like this. Her eyes were more simpler looking too. Her eyes in this game seem more detailed and sexy looking.

Yep, noticed that too. :)

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
jedimike said:
I don't want to downplay the beauty of the screens... but you can make almost any game look good in a 3" x 5" pic.

I feel the same way

Meier

*fap fap fap* Metroid Prime just eked out best game of last gen over KOTOR.. let's hope that MP3 and Mass Effect equal or surpass the quality of those games.

ksamedi

Hatorade said:
Nope this is what happens is what happens when you're a developer on the architecture who knows what they are doing. After seeing this I'm pumped in seeing what F5 could've done with the considering they pushed GC the most. BTW ksamedi way to miss the sarcasm and jab at the Wii graphical trolls. Whose gonna have a better looking game at the end of the generation on the wii id software engine, retro, capcom, or konami damn things just keep getting better.

Your right, i should have known better.

Why the hell did Nintendo delay this by a week? I can't imagine that it's for more development... it's such a short amount of time, but it just makes it one week less that I can play the game before I have to go back to school, and it's more time that I'll have to wait. If anything, they should've pushed the date a week or 2 forward. >_>

ivysaur12

Banned
Right now, all of our Wiis are being run on only Yellow Pikmin. Luckily, we get upgraded every once in a while. We're getting Red Pikmin once Metroid comes out.

You should see what the games look like when the Purple Pikemin are helping out

ksamedi

bigmakstudios said:
Why the hell did Nintendo delay this by a week? I can't imagine that it's for more development... it's such a short amount of time, but it just makes it one week less that I can play the game before I have to go back to school, and it's more time that I'll have to wait. If anything, they should've pushed the date a week or 2 forward. >_>

DVD shortages.

Amir0x

Banned
ThomPayne said:
Definitely going to be a first day buy, but it looks like Metroid Prime.

Yeah the improvements are pretty subtle, but i think it'll be more noticeable in the scale of the locales. Apparently they have created some larger areas, not possible with GCN.

Bildi

Dimmuxx said:
It will look great on HDTVs with good scalers just like all other <720p games.
Agreed. I can't wait to drool over this on the big screen - Prime is still one of the most beautiful games around (artistically) and this is looking similarly awesome.

I just finished Gears of War last night and I must say it is one of the few games since Prime that I have really enjoyed for its art (sorry if I just offended anyone). Can't wait to enjoy Prime 3 in the same way.

LCGeek

formerly sane
Amir0x said:
Yeah the improvements are pretty subtle, but i think it'll be more noticeable in the scale of the locales. Apparently they have created some larger areas, not possible with GCN.

Retro has stated various things about MP:C and how wii has made it better funny how they seem to be using gamepro to get the game out.

Better lighting
More effects none of MP GC games had the cinematic effects they are using
More enemies on screens
Better Texturing
Bigger Environments
Finally a lot more polys considering MP on gc was a poly monster with maybe a few titles besting it we can expect an awesome experience.

ksamedi it's all good.

Amir0x

Banned
Hatorade said:
Retro has stated various things about MP:C and how wii has made it better funny how they seem to be using gamepro to get the game out.

Better lighting
More effects none of MP GC games had the cinematic effects they are using
More enemies on screens
Better Texturing
Bigger Environments
Finally a lot more polys considering MP on gc was a poly monster with maybe a few titles besting it we can expect an awesome experience.

right, i'm aware they've said this, that and the other thing is improved I'm merely saying the results are pretty damn subtle, and probably need things like that larger scale and the number of enemies to appreciate really as a decent jump over the previous two.

Metroid Prime I/II were already some of the better looking last-gen games, so it's not a bad thing that it's so similar anyway in images.

Amir0x

Banned
Mr. Pachunga Chung said:
Ness called...apparently he heard what you said in this thread.

He sounded pretty angry...=\

Why would I have purchased a Wii for Ness? There's no Mother game coming to the system, and I sure as hell didn't buy the system for that Smash Bros. crap! Maybe if that game was "Earthbound Fighter Deluxe" it'd be a different story, though.

looks great, and im sure it'll even be the best game in the Prime series, but please Retro, fire whoever is in charge of character designs.

Takuhi

The Play magazine hands-on preview (basically the same one that was in the magazine) and interview (new!) are now up on our site, if anyone's interested.

Also, the embargo is over now, so I can talk about it! And I can tell you to stop hating on the purple chick, because she's awesome.

Preview, in which I do NOT compare the game directly to Halo, or call Halo a revolutionary FPS (just the control schemes, you dirty misquoters):
http://www.playmagazine.com/index.php?fuseaction=SiteMain.showGamePage&Game_ID=579

Retro interview:
http://playmagazine.com/index.php?fuseaction=SiteMain.showGamePage&Game_ID=578&page=1

LCGeek

formerly sane
Amir0x said:
right, i'm aware they've said this, that and the other thing is improved I'm merely saying the results are pretty damn subtle, and probably need things like that larger scale and the number of enemies to appreciate really as a decent jump over the previous two.

Metroid Prime I/II were already some of the better looking last-gen games, so it's not a bad thing that it's so similar anyway in images.

I think it's pretty noticeable I wouldn't call it a mega jump like we are seeing with other systems or pcs, but there isn't a last gen title of mps kind that looks that good no biggie though.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Takuhi said:
The Play magazine hands-on preview (basically the same one that was in the magazine) and interview (new!) are now up on our site, if anyone's interested.

Also, the embargo is over now, so I can talk about it! And I can tell you to stop hating on the purple chick, because she's awesome.

Preview, in which I do NOT compare the game directly to Halo, or call Halo a revolutionary FPS (just the control schemes, you dirty misquoters):
http://www.playmagazine.com/index.php?fuseaction=SiteMain.showGamePage&Game_ID=579

Retro interview:
http://playmagazine.com/index.php?fuseaction=SiteMain.showGamePage&Game_ID=578&page=1

oh cool a interview, was that in the magazine?

lordmrw

Takuhi said:

Retro interview:

Didn't know you also posted here. Awesome work.

SantaC

MK: We were really able to expand on the audio too. We have voice-over in this game, and the score is much more dramatic. So we really put a lot of effort into making the audio a much broader experience.

Play: The ambient soundtrack was one of the more controversial aspects of Metroid Prime 2. This one seems a lot more intense.

MK: Yeah, this one is kind of like Ben-Hur. It’s very in-your-face dramatic. We explained to [long-time Metroid series composer] Mr. [Kenji] Yamamoto that’s what we wanted to do, and that’s more his style actually, or more his preference. And once he knew that we were on board for that, he was very happy, and as a result, we got just an amazing score.

holy sweet **** of love. That's awesome!

yoopoo

Banned
Takuhi said:

Retro interview:
"I&#8217;m partial to the bloom lighting, it&#8217;s a really nice effect, and we could never have done that on GameCube"

Why couldn't they? Zelda GC had bloom.

Glad next Retro game isn't Metroid.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Takuhi said:

Retro interview:

Really good interview. Thanks a lot for posting.

Top Bottom