• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Metroid Prime Corruption screens (retro am gods)

JDSN

Banned
http://www.gamepro.com/screen_gallery.cfm?globalid=115681

119828-9-2.jpg

What are those ships on the background? Look like Federation ones.
119828-6-2.jpg

119828-8-2.jpg

No idea WTF is going on on this one.
119828-4-2.jpg

119828-12-2.jpg

I dont remember watching Samus's reflection while scanning on the other games, is that new?

Some of the pics were on the latest issue of PLAY but some are new.

LCGeek

formerly sane
I love retro's work but I may as well get the inevitable troll comment out the way, still looks like a gamecube game :D

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Firestorm said:
It'll probably look ugly as hell on HDTVs but playing it will feel so so so awesome.
So. Awesome.

How do you figure? Wii/GC/PS2 games look pretty damn good on my hd set with component. If you turn down the sharpness setting to 0 that is.

These screens? Nummers.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
119828-5-2.jpg

She has the cannon, in Ridley's mother ****ing mouth!

:O :O :O :O :O :O:O :O :O :O:O:O:O :O

****ing badass. This game looks good by the way.

Looks alright, but I wish they'd get back to the way Prime looked. It was much brighter and more vivid. Part of the reason I didn't like Echoes was how murky, purple and dull everything was. This looks better than that, but still not exactly how I'd like it.

SantaC

buckfutter said:
Looks alright, but I wish they'd get back to the way Prime looked. It was much brighter and more vivid. Part of the reason I didn't like Echoes was how murky, purple and dull everything was. This looks better than that, but still not exactly how I'd like it.

how I feel too, because phendrana drifts was ****ing amazing. We need snow/ice area again.

jedimike

I don't want to downplay the beauty of the screens... but you can make almost any game look good in a 3" x 5" pic.

I want to see them in fullsize (whatever that may be)

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Oldschoolgamer said:
119828-5-2.jpg

She has the cannon, in Ridley's mother ****ing mouth!

:O :O :O :O :O :O:O :O :O :O:O:O:O :O

****ing badass. This game looks good by the way.
you can see a whole video of that fight in gametrailers btw.

JDSN said:
[
I dont remember watching Samus's reflection on the other games, is that new?
You could see her reflection in the other games. An easy way to do it is go to a wall and fire a charged beam while you're face is right at the wall. You should see her eyes pop up for about half a second.

JDSN

Banned
donkey show said:
You could see her reflection in the other games. An easy way to do it is go to a wall and fire a charged beam while you're face is right at the wall. You should see her eyes pop up for about half a second.

Yeah, but im talking about during the scanning?

Dartastic

Looks like it could have been done on the Dreamcast.

I kid, I kid! I just had to beat SOMEONE to the punch. Seriously tho, looks fantastic. = D

bluemax

Banned
Pushing my Gamecube to the limits. I can't wait!

Er I mean I'll finally have a reason to unbox my Wii again.

SantaC

Am I the only one who is eager to hear Kenji Yamamoto's OST? Both games sported some of the best soundtracks of last generation.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Looks radical to the max.
Ill be there day 1.

Nice idea making the face reflection visible as she review information on the face mask, it makes sense and looks awesome (big upgrade from the ugly face in priome 1 and 2, at least you didn't have to look at that for long ;p)

SantaC said:
Am I the only one who is eager to hear Kenji Yamamoto's OST? Both games sported some of the best soundtracks of last generation.
You're not the only one. I listened to the Echoes soundtrack a ton over the last year on my mp3 player.

Top Bottom