• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NEW Mighty No. 9 Trailer: Masterclass

Crocodile

Inti Creates president twitted about it, he is not happy, lol

https://twitter.com/t_aizu/status/735652527450947584

seems like even inti creates is upset about this. I checked around and the official Gunvolt twitter has rted them before (https://twitter.com/gunvoltofficial) so seems legit?

edit: whoops, old

Jesus Christ now I just feel bad for Inticreates. They didn't even get any input into the trailer? I'm not sure how common that is (probably very common I assume) but man >_<

aadiboy

The gameplay looks terrible. Enemies just stand around waiting to be absorbed. The whole absorption mechanic should have been scrapped early on in the design process, it doesn't even seem like it has any demonstrable effects. Should have just made it a straight MMX/MM clone, rather than add new things that suck.

"Cry like an anime fan on prom night" Oh snap, HAHAHAHA.
It was cheesy as hell and cringeworthy. I laughed, but all those dislikes.
Trailer was bad.
Heh.

https://twitter.com/t_aizu/status/735652527450947584

seems like even inti creates is upset about this. I checked around and the official Gunvolt twitter has rted them before (https://twitter.com/gunvoltofficial) so seems legit?

edit: whoops, old

At this point, he doesn't want anything to do with this game.

Jesus Christ now I just feel bad for Inticreates. They didn't even get any input into the trailer? I'm not sure how common that is (probably very common I assume) but man >_<

It's very common. It's usually the publisher's responsibility to market a game and they'll market it in the way they think works best. They might run it by the developer as a courtesy, but the publisher usually has final say and doesn't need the developer's approval (unless their contract says otherwise.)

Marty O'Donnell was famously fired from Bungie after complaining about the trailers Activision was producing for Destiny.

As for Mighty Number 9, people have been talking about the game all day because of this trailer, so Deep Silver probably considers this a "win."

Rymuth

All the dislikes come from anime fans.
Targeted ads for this are just perfect

6wxRreR.jpg

Sayad

As for Mighty Number 9, people have been talking about the game all day because of this trailer, so Deep Silver probably considers this a "win."
Pretty sure they take likes/dislike ratios very seriously in gauging these things. That and most(all!) those shitting on the game already knew about it before hand, a lot of them were following its progress closely too, they'd have to be really dense to take this as an "all publicity is good publicity" kinda thing.

SeanTSC

And then you realize that Deep Silver is also publishing Bloodstained, prepare yourself for another horrible trailer.

Oh, I think they're going to learn a lesson from this with the backlash from it. It'd be pretty foolhardy to pull the exact same thing with all the negative reaction.

Giolon

Related - I was in Akihabara last week and at the Tokyo Animation Center gift shop they had fucking Red Ash merchandise (a 2016 calendar). Inafune the business man!

Trailer looks so bad. I hope it's still fun.

Wagram

Deep Silver is one of the worst publishers out there. The projects and trailers they approve are what the hell territory.

Pretty sure they take likes/dislike ratios very seriously in gauging these things. That and most(all!) those shitting on the game already knew about it before hand, a lot of them were following its progress closely too, they'd have to be really dense to take this as an "all publicity is good publicity" kinda thing.

I dunno about that. I haven't been following the game that closely but all this outrage at the trailer got me to watch it. While I agree with most people that the voice over was cringe-inducing, this is the first gameplay I've seen of it in a long time and it looked okay.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
You'd think he'd have some say over its' approval.

I guess not, wow.

They wouldn't need Aizu's approval. He's neither the owner of the IP or the publisher.

Chuckie

I dunno about that. I haven't been following the game that closely but all this outrage at the trailer got me to watch it. While I agree with most people that the voice over was cringe-inducing, this is the first gameplay I've seen of it in a long time and it looked okay.

Yeah I watched it without sound and it looked pretty cool.
I must admit though that I am not that invested. It is a game I heard about a year(?) ago and one I might buy when it comes out.

Breads

Banned
Call me crazy but the game looks pretty fun.

That trailer is bordering on active hostility though. It was agonizing to sit through. What were they thinking.

MrBadger

Trailer approaching "you're a squid now" levels of parody

Someone earlier in the thread said if you're going to make fun of our audience, best to do it when they're in a good mood. It's kinda similar to how this went down

mega_man_sfxt-2.jpg

Trailer approaching "you're a squid now" levels of parody

Someone earlier in the thread said if you're going to make fun of our audience, best to do it when they're in a good mood. It's kinda similar to how this went down

mega_man_sfxt-2.jpg

I still think this was great. Just like when he showed up in the Mega Man Universe trailer.

Via8By8.jpg

Autosaver

Neo Member
Can someone explain to me what happened with this game? Inti Creates has made a number of "Megaman style" games before. This game doesn't look radically that different besides the fact it's all rendered in 3D. What's with all the delays?

Jebusman

Banned
I still think this was great. Just like when he showed up in the Mega Man Universe trailer.

Via8By8.jpg

See the Megaman Universe thing was fine, a nice little throwback to what the old was, and at the time Universe seemed like a real neat concept. It was effectively Megaman Maker. By the way we really need a Megaman Maker.

SFxT Megaman could've gone over well if it wasn't for the fact that Capcom was A. Currently in the process of shitting on Megaman everywhere they could, and B. Dropping the ball real fucking hard on SFxT

Zolo

Boxart Megaman was great. He just would have been a lot more appreciated at a time when Megaman was actually doing decently instead of being put in a bin.

MrBadger

Via8By8.jpg

I thought it was funny too, but timing is everything. What I meant was that they put that in SFxT after not putting Mega Man in UMVC3 and after cancelling Legends 3, so what was meant as a funny jab at MM1's terrible box art came off as an insult to the franchise in general.

See the Megaman Universe thing was fine, a nice little throwback to what the old was, and at the time Universe seemed like a real neat concept. It was effectively Megaman Maker. By the way we really need a Megaman Maker.

SFxT Megaman could've gone over well if it wasn't for the fact that Capcom was A. Currently in the process of shitting on Megaman everywhere they could, and B. Dropping the ball real fucking hard on SFxT

For what it's worth, Mega Man Powered Up on PSP had a level editor. I remember it being pretty fun but Powered Up sadly isn't available on current gen

Sami+

I can laugh at myself just fine, I do it a lot. But the way it was presented in this awful trailer wasn't the least bit funny and pretty demeaning to a lot of the audience that backed the game. It's in incredibly poor taste, especially given that it's a Kickstarter project that wouldn't have been made without people giving them money first.

Lmao come on dude I skipped my prom to watch Fullmetal Alchemist with a girl that wasn't into me and even I thought that was the only redeemable part of the trailer

jennetics

The bad writing doesn't really bother me so much. The game, however, looks really bland. Those explosions looked really bad too.

Top Bottom