• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Mirror's Edge Screens and animated trailer

Gametrailers has the video here.
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/35999.html

And here are the new screens
falling-web1.jpg

slide-web1.jpg

sniper-kick1.jpg

stormdrain1.jpg

source

WANT!

Love love love the art design.

What the orginal HL was to the Quake engine games. This game is to all the Unreal3 engine games. A paradigm shift in art design.

Mdk7

My most wanted for 2k8 along with LittleBigPlanet (and Samba on Wii).
INCREDIBLE, this is the nextgen i want.

Ashhong

Slamo said:
Too much color.

Needs more brown.

shut ur mouth

the whole animated story trailer thing reminds me of heavenly sword. isnt the person that wrote heavenly sword or something doing this?

jiggle

the design is simply stunning. too bad i can't play it due to motion sickness. but sure as hell can marvel at the screens.

It looks great but I'm worried about the gameplay. Is the parkour gonna be brain-dead like assassin's creed? Are there going to be a lot of one-hit kills(falling off a bulding)? Is it going to be QTE heavy?

Stink

some occasionaly heavy tearing and being too short were HS problems. More is definitely wanted. An unrushed sequel could fix both of these things.

SamBishop

Banned
Metalmurphy said:
Animated Trailer? Booooo... Was expecting new gameplay footage.

Loving the screens though, despite them being bullshots.

Boy will you be happy to be proven wrong. But I do agree, more of the game in motion will make you cream your jeans as I have.

Second said:
It looks sterile to me.

I pray for your soul.

Bodom78

Love the style, nothing amazing but refreshing. The concept sounds great so the game is definitely on my to buy list for the moment.

Majmun

What I don't like about the game is that everything looks too clean. It's like a huge open laboratory. That's what I meant by sterile.

It looks technically good, but visually not very appealing. Too "empty" IMO.

SamBishop said:
Boy will you be happy to be proven wrong. But I do agree, more of the game in motion will make you cream your jeans as I have.

Whilst I'm sure the consoles will run the game just fine, there's no way they're getting anywhere close to that IQ. Not a single console game has anything like the IQ of those shots, so in terms of the console version they are indeed "bullshots" aka, PC screens.

I can see 60 FPS being a big help in this game so PC (plus 360 controller) for me.

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
Second said:
What I don't like about the game is that everything looks too clean. It's like a huge open laboratory. That's what I meant by sterile.

It looks technically good, but visually not very appealing IMO.

1)
stickers-disagree.jpg

2) That's sorta what the game's going for.

samratty

Wow, this is definitely refreshing. I haven't been keeping up with the news on this game but it does look really interesting.
My eyes are now open to it.

Second said:

It looks technically good, but visually not very appealing. Too "empty" IMO.

it's supposed to look too clean, that's part of the whole govermnent control thing that's going on

Ventrue

Looks great, but the animated trailer had some cringe-worthy lines.

"...crime she did not commit."
"...you find out who you really are."

Aargh. Still really looking forward to it though.

brain_stew said:
Whilst I'm sure the consoles will run the game just fine, there's no way they're getting anywhere close to that IQ. Not a single console game has anything like the IQ of those shots, so in terms of the console version they are indeed "bullshots" aka, PC screens.

What I saw a few months back indicated to me that this the screens are acurate portrayals of the game in motion.

Top Bottom