• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Monster Hunter 4 screens - Snowy area, Lagombi, new monsters

Salsa

Aug 29, 2009
Montevideo, Uruguay
steamcommunity.com

They should rework this area really. It's THE one that really pops out in showing the low-res textures. Screens in other places look far better.

I mean heck walking over that in a game knowing the camera is so close seems fucking weird. It cannot be that bad in the final product.

Hedja

Jun 1, 2011
They really need to do something about those ground textures. They're horrible.

Tenbatsu

May 9, 2007
Singapore
Thank you for making the thread. Wanted to but the lack of interest here make me think otherwise.

That shark dude looks like this from Frontier:

vareon

Feb 5, 2007
Not anywhere

They should rework this area really. It's THE one that really pops out in showing the low-res textures. Screens in other places look far better.

I mean heck walking over that in a game knowing the camera is so close seems fucking weird. It cannot be that bad in the final product.
If you look at MH3U on 3DS get close to a wall and stand right there, you'll notice that the textures are not that different. They're just not that noticeable when playing.

Earthpainting

May 7, 2006
Going by how often people bring up "ground textures" in Monster Hunter 4 threads, you'd almost think it's one of the new monsters. I'm going to be so disappointed if I can't carve it and turn it into a hat.

Oni Link 666

Jun 10, 2004
Thank you for making the thread. Wanted to but the lack of interest here make me think otherwise.

That shark dude looks like this from Frontier:

It reminds of something out of PSO or Panzer Dragoon.

Going by how often people bring up "ground textures" in Monster Hunter 4 threads, you'd almost think it's one of the new monsters. I'm going to be so disappointed if I can't carve it and turn it into a hat.

The floor would make an awesome Great Sword.

One step closer to that Lagombi mount I've been wanting.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Sep 9, 2006
So weird, even if the game isn't the best looking on the platform you would think they would rather release pictures where it look relatively good, but with MH4 Capcom really doesn't seem to care how bad the same of the pictures released look. I know it looks better in motion and they had cutback on some stuff to deliver the more dimensional areas - still surprised at what kind of Screenshots they have been chosen for the title.

And still no JP release..... Has to be the in august then.

ArcaneFreeze

Mar 27, 2013
God I can't wait for this game to come out. I really hope Nintendo pushes for it to get localized in the West.

Oct 11, 2007
It looks pretty sweet in motion so I don't really care what it looks like in a screen shot. I passed on that sub par Wii U game, so I'll jump on this one immediately upon release.

grumpy

Aug 5, 2010
Just take my word for it: The ground textures are going to be the last thing on your mind when you're trying to stay alive while hunting a 20 m tall dragon or some shit.

Hellraider

Nov 30, 2010
You know, I would have no problem if they skipped Lagombi.Actually I would prefer if all those b-tier monsters disappeared.

Snowy area looks amazing.Seems like they topped Tundra and this says a lot!

grumpy

Aug 5, 2010
You know, I would have no problem if they skipped Lagombi.Actually I would prefer if all those b-tier monsters disappeared.

Snowy area looks amazing.Seems like they topped Tundra and this says a lot!
I don't know. Lagombi is a great warm-up exercise, if you haven't played MH in a while.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Oct 16, 2007
Jinfash
If you look at MH3U on 3DS get close to a wall and stand right there, you'll notice that the textures are not that different. They're just not that noticeable when playing.
It's true the textures are just as poor in MH3U, but I think the number of clashing tones are highlighting that. Had they been limited, they'd probably be more passable.

Comandr

Apr 26, 2012
Phoenix
For those who don't like the ground textures of MH4 can play this instead since it's going to be release internationally.

Oh don't worry, I will. But has this been confirmed anywhere? Apparently Crytek jumped the gun saying that people would be able to play it internationally and then the chinese developer came back around and said no, china only for the time being.

The more MH the better.