• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Monster Hunter 4 screens - Snowy area, Lagombi, new monsters

Folstern

I'm super hyped for both Drakengard 3 and Monster Hunter 4, both coming out on the PS2!

Gameplay always trumps what the game looks like for me, and I'll probably be getting a Wii-U for Monster Hunter 4 but damn. Come on Capcom.

Zornica

Banned
Honestly as a Vita and WiiU owner and fan of the Yakuza series as well as a person who was really interested in FF Type Zero and Bravely Default, I've hit the point where I simply assume that nothing I want from japan will be localized or come out at all in general.

I may have some news for you...

edit: also you'r missing the point
nintendo seems pretty active in localising and publishing stuff in the last couple of years, even more since the 3ds came out. over here in europe, they are localising next to everything, from bravely default to smt4. they also published mh3gu. sony doesn't seem to care though.
but you may be in luck, if the yakuza announcement today ment that yakuza 5/6+ are going multiplattform, I'd bet nintendo would bring them over.
so again: there is no way we (europe) will miss out on mh4.

I'm super hyped for both Drakengard 3 and Monster Hunter 4, both coming out on the PS2!

Gameplay always trumps what the game looks like for me, and I'll probably be getting a Wii-U for Monster Hunter 4 but damn. Come on Capcom.

Oh come now, MH4 is no Drakengard 3. Just unfair :/

Soriku

Honestly as a Vita and WiiU owner and fan of the Yakuza series as well as a person who was really interested in FF Type Zero and Bravely Default, I've hit the point where I simply assume that nothing I want from japan will be localized or come out at all in general.

But Bravely Default is getting localized.

I may have some news for you...

edit: also you'r missing the point
nintendo seems pretty active in localising and publishing stuff in the last couple of years, even more since the 3ds came out. over here in europe, they are localising next to everything, from bravely default to smt4. they also published mh3gu. sony doesn't seem to care though.
but you may be in luck, if the yakuza announcement today ment that yakuza 5/6+ are going multiplattform, I'd bet nintendo would bring them over.
so again: there is no way we (europe) will miss out on mh4.

But Bravely Default is getting localized.

First off, I'm well aware Bravely Default is getting localized. That being said, being in North America, it's really the bare minimum I could have possibly expected.

In addition, yeah, maybe you folks in Europe won't miss out on MH4, perhaps you have reason to be confident. I don't, as I live in NA. So until it's actually announced for NA, I'll just assume it's japan only and maybe europe.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Well apparently MH3U Wii U hasn't even surpassed Nintendoland retail sales (yes that garbage they GAVE AWAY with the deluxe)

Seriously I don't know what is wrong with people.

I hardly think Nintendoland is garbage (in fact, I think it's fantastic), but it is criminal that MH3U hasn't surpassed it. I will say, though, that Nintendoland is perceived as more approachable than MH by those that don't know anything about either title.

MH is perceived by those that don't play it as this difficult, impenetrable series that only hardcores can love.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
First off, I'm well aware Bravely Default is getting localized. That being said, being in North America, it's really the bare minimum I could have possibly expected.

In addition, yeah, maybe you folks in Europe won't miss out on MH4, perhaps you have reason to be confident. I don't, as I live in NA. So until it's actually announced for NA, I'll just assume it's japan only and maybe europe.

You do know people in europe generally get the games later or miss out on localisations at all compared to amercia right?

DR2K

Banned
Some of this shit looks straight out the N64 era. Game is going to sell millions, no need to be lazy...

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Some of this shit looks straight out the N64 era. Game is going to sell millions, no need to be lazy...

I dunno. COULD the game look better and still sport a good framerate on 3DS? Honest question. I have no clue what the 3DS is capable of.

The game looks fine to me, but graphics mean pretty much nothing to me in MonHun.

Zornica

Banned
You do know people in europe generally get the games later or miss out on localisations at all compared to amercia right?
thats not true anymore. regarding nintendo published titles it's been often the other way around the last couple of years.

All I wanted to say is, no matter what happens, chances for a localised, non japanese version, are pretty good, even if it doesn't come to the us. there is still import.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
thats not true anymore. regarding nintendo published titles it's been often the other way around the last couple of years.

Maybe for nintendo published titles, but it's still true.

Australia still doesn't have etrian odyssey 4, and we have no dates for SMT4 or Soul hackers.

So Atlus in general really, but europe getting it before america is still more of an exception than a rule when it comes to 3ds.

TheExodu5

Banned
Those screenshots look horrific.

YwcT542.gif

That's okay. I wasn't planning on eating today anyways.

Ratrat

The maps look to be the same size and they're still separated by loading screens. Kind of baffles me because it doesn't make sense that Capcom would be cheap for this kind of game. They have done great work on Psp and 3ds already. Still, the animations look greatly improved and the lighting is nice. Just don't ever look at the ground.

The maps look to be the same size and they're still separated by loading screens. Kind of baffles me because it doesn't make sense that Capcom would be cheap for this kind of game. They have done great work on Psp and 3ds already. Still, the animations look greatly improved and the lighting is nice. Just don't ever look at the ground.
Its really not that bad in motion and on a real 3DS. Seriously, static screens on a computer screen hardly matters.

thetrin

I don't see how MonHun has bad controls. It has serious UI issues, and could probably be more transparent with its skill system, but its controls are fine.

Mileena

Banned
I don't see how MonHun has bad controls. It has serious UI issues, and could probably be more transparent with its skill system, but its controls are fine.

well when aiming a bowgun feels more fluent switching to the dpad as opposed to either analog I think there's some kind of issue there. Ranged controls could definitely use some work.

Seik

Banned
I need to ask, why the fuck are people whining over the graphics?

I mean, this is 3DS, that you want it or not there'll be jaggies and flat textures, there'll be shit like this in every single game you'll play on the system. After all, Monster Hunter always was like this, I don't understand. Are people already spoiled by that Crytek MH we saw last month?

2004monhunvet

Neo Member
Why are people whining about graphics? because it's 2013, goddamit!

I've been a huge fan since the first one in 2004 and bought/import many of the games in the series.... but come on, MH4 looks terrible!

I am embarrassed for Capcom for putting out such garbage. Graphics don't matter most times, but MH4 is just pathetic in the graphics department. That's pretty much the truth. If you are still denying it, you are either blind or the biggest fanboy in history.

Why are people whining about graphics? because it's 2013, goddamit!

I've been a huge fan since the first one in 2004 and bought/import many of the games in the series.... but come on, MH4 looks terrible!

I am embarrassed for Capcom for putting out such garbage. Graphics don't matter most times, but MH4 is just pathetic in the graphics department. That's pretty much the truth. If you are still denying it, you are either blind or the biggest fanboy in history.

I made a thread about it and yeah, while I'm still dissapointed, I've made peace with it. Someone mentioned that Capcom is basically treating this like it's their Pokemon IE: numerous entrys with minimal visual upgrades because honestly the core demograph doesn't give a shit and will buy it regardless.

Top Bottom