• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New N5/Xenon Game Announced

Mason

Nice, very nice.

It's probably only for N5/Xenon because Sony is still tinkering with Cell crap while Nintendo and Microsoft have given some actual specs or maybe dev kits.

FoneBone

*insert "PS3 IS DOOMED" joke post*

Edit: crap.

I remain dubious that any next-gen game announced this early will ever actually hit store shelves. And it doesn't help that there aren't even tentative Revolution specs yet.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
that "edge scan" looks completely fake. text looks wrong. and seems to have been written by a child.

olimario

Banned
Perhaps XNA is already in full swing.
With very similar Revo and Xenon specs, it won't suprise me to see a lot of R and X games not on Ps3.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Are we going to see more and more N5/xenon taking lead (I mean lead development not market share) platforms since they will have similar architectures (with nearly identical components)? PS3 seeing enhanced, possibly late ports if it is more powerful?

FoneBone said:
And it doesn't help that there aren't even tentative Revolution specs yet.
That doesn't mean that they are not talking to the devs about tentative specs. Though I agree with you that these aren't really "games" yet, a bunch of these crop up every gen and just don't come out at all.

laughing.jpg

daMandus

The centre fold and especially the image at the fold looks fake.

And compared to the proportions and font used in E137 (and previous issues) it doesn't match.

FoneBone

drohne said:
that "edge scan" looks completely fake. text looks wrong. and seems to have been written by a child.
:(

This is what happens when you don't look closely. Yeah, it's definitely fake -- I wonder where the "screens" came from?

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Wierd that the first 3rd party unreal engine 3 game isnt on PC(according to that scan anyway)

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
haha, upon actually clicking the link and looking that "scan" is a little whack ;)

That doesn't change the question I asked previously, just how I pose it.

Mason

Of course it's fake, they wouldn't call the next generation consoles N. Revolution and Xenon. They'd make it a feature about a game for "next generation" consoles.

element

Mason said:
Of course it's fake, they wouldn't call the next generation consoles N. Revolution and Xenon. They'd make it a feature about a game for "next generation" consoles.
why not, those are the code names.

I have seen the picture on the right before.I think it was in this year. And it had nothing to do with a game called Fallen Angels. It was a graphic demo or something... Hm, sorry, can't remember correctly.

Particle Physicist

between a quark and a baryon
hi, please refrain from using cloudchaser as a news source. especially if the link says : "might be fake.. dont sue me."

thank you and goodnight.

impirius

I don't get Edge, but I'm assuming it's written by fluent English speakers. Did any of you bother to read the text?

FALLEN ANGLES WILL ROX

FIGHT IN THE SIDE OF OUR CHOOSE

PS3 BORNED DEAD

REMAIN KIND FOR NEW DETAILS

HEEEEEEEEEEE HAAAAAAAAAAAA

scarybore

It doesn't have Edges E logo type thing they put at the end of all their articles, previews and reviews so in addition to all the other points brought up here it would seem to definitely be a fake.

Unless Nintendo is misleading everyone. I don't think the Revolution can pull that off. That's some very hardware intensive graphical effects. Who knows.

jarrod

Banned
CrimsonSkies said:
Unless Nintendo is misleading everyone. I don't think the Revolution can pull that off. That's some very hardware intensive graphical effects. Who knows.
Please, enlighten us as to exactly what Revolution will be capable of... I'd like to know.

CrimsonSkies said:

But the xbox which is the first to be released can???

I'm just going by what the President of Nintendo said in interviews of late on the subject of the Revolution console. Perhaps his meaning is "Lost in Translation". That's why I put the "Who knows." at the end of my post. I thought that would be fairly apparent to anyone who read it.

"But the xbox which is the first to be released can???"

Ah so you have the release date for the next Xbox? I didn't even know they had announced a showing for it of yet, unlike Nintendo's 2005 E3 announcement.

CrimsonSkies said:
I'm just going by what the President of Nintendo said in interviews of late on the subject of the Revolution console. Perhaps his meaning is "Lost in Translation". That's why I put the "Who knows." at the end of my post. I thought that would be fairly apparent to anyone who read it.

Just because it might do differents things doesnt mean it wont be compatible with regular or normal gaming, do you expect Nintendo to make this mistake? i mean they get the less 3rd party games with a "normal" system now, with a weird system only it would probably be worse than N64, they know that with out 3rd party support the boat wont float...

Particle Physicist

between a quark and a baryon
Lost Weekend said:
He's Oxygen. He works for Microsoft. He's expected to believe such things :)

damnit.. stupid forum name changes crap .. well.. i did it as well..

anyway.. he might know xenons specs.. but i doubt he knows gcnext's .

GDGF

Soothsayer
Nah, he couldn't possibly. I know Nintendo and Microsoft offices aren't too far from each other, but if the Revolution's specs were common coffeehouse chat, we would have certainly heard a leak by now.

jarrod

Banned
If EA doesn't even know Revolution's specs yet, I sincerely doubt Microsoft has anything on it. Particularly a designer in their game division...

element

jarrod said:
Based on?
chats with friends, other developers, the way nintendo is setting themselves up.
most of us dont see nintendo pushing the envelop like MS and Sony.

jarrod

Banned
element said:
chats with friends, other developers, the way nintendo is setting themselves up.
What GDGF said. Essentially you know about as much as anyone here in regards to Revolution correct? I just want to be clear...

element said:
Again, based on?

element

jarrod said:
What GDGF said. Essentially you know about as much as anyone here in regard's to Revolution correct? I just want to be clear...
I've heard bits, but nothing that I would considered more then hearsay.

Again, based on?
how nintendo is setting themselves for business. from the way many people look at it, nintendo is setting themselves up to be their own market, away from MS and Sony.

jarrod

Banned
element said:
I've heard bits, but nothing that I would considered more then hearsay.
Well then, just to be clear, your guess is as good as mine? Would that be a fair assesment?

element said:
how nintendo is setting themselves for business. from the way many people look at it, nintendo is setting themselves up to be their own market, away from MS and Sony.
Isn't that what they tried this generation?

element

jarrod said:
Well then, just to be clear, your guess is as good as mine? Would that be a fair assesment?
I'd say mine might be a little more, just for the fact that someone in the circle i talk with had to have heard something from someone. but like i said, nothing more then hearsay.

Isn't that what they tried this generation?
i think this generation was just the first step and next-gen they will really pull out of the 'console' fight and carve their own market.

jarrod

Banned
element said:
I'd say mine might be a little more, just for the fact that someone in the circle i talk with had to have heard something from someone. but like i said, nothing more then hearsay.
Had to have? Well that's clear enough for me. ;)

element said:
i think this generation was just the first step and next-gen they will really pull out of the 'console' fight and carve their own market.
Because things just worked out so well this generation, right? :p

Mashing

element said:

Well if you consider only raising the graphics pushing the envelope that's fine... I, want more than that however. It's why I'm a mutliconsole owner, they all do things well.

element

jarrod said:
Because things just worked out so well this generation, right? :p
Nintendo made tons of money on GBA, and they didn't do bad on Cube either. If anyone got hurt by doing Cube stuff, it was 3rd parties that try to support it.
Nintendo is rollin' in all the cash they made off of their games.

It's why I'm a mutliconsole owner, they all do things well.
I think Nintendo understand that their 'brand' or 'market' is strong enough that people are willing to drop $150, just to play Nintendo games, on top of play/buying a console made by someone eles.

Top Bottom