• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • The Politics forum has been nuked. Please do not bring political discussion to the rest of the site, or you will be removed. Thanks.

New Need For Speed Hot Pursuit revealed [EA-CONF]

so1337

Member
Aug 16, 2006
4,893
0
0
So basically this is what I've been asking for for nearly ten years.

WHAT TOOK YOU SO LONG?!
 

Diablohead

Member
Jun 4, 2006
43,511
1
0
Give us music like NFS3: hot pursuit and I will not complain.

I am rather burned out on NFS games and thought Shift was changing for the right direction, if they really want to go back to cop car chases I hope they drop the whole gang rude boy attitude and give us a huge open city experience like burnout paradise.
 
Diablohead said:
Give us music like NFS3: hot pursuit and I will not complain.

I am rather burned out on NFS games and thought Shift was changing for the right direction, if they really want to go back to cop car chases I hope they drop the whole gang rude boy attitude and give us a huge open city experience like burnout paradise.
Actually, they also have a simulation based Need For Speed coming out in Q1 2011 if you prefer that direction.
 

Goldrusher

Member
Oct 18, 2006
15,581
106
1,660
Flanders
I'll be happy if it's pretty much Burnout Paradise with real cars.

Very happy if it's in multiple real-life locations, either A-B events or city districts à la PGR.
 

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Feb 4, 2009
34,654
0
0
Goldrusher said:
I'll be happy if it's pretty much Burnout Paradise with real cars.

Very happy if it's in multiple real-life locations, either A-B events or city districts à la PGR.

As long as you can customize your cars too, I'm with you. Though I'd also prefer open world too, with an option to jump directly race to race like Midnight Club.
 

which1spink

Banned
Oct 2, 2009
755
0
0
derFeef said:
Oh yeah, I HATED that night racing tuner crap.

First one was good though and brought some innovation (drag racing, tuning, online multiplayer). But after that, I agree, it was pure crap.
 

SolidSnakex

Member
Jun 7, 2004
85,483
5
0
Deepack said:
Criterion twitter:

EA has three NFS games they plan on releasing in their fiscal year. NFS World is one. You then have Criterion's and another. NFS: HP could be a new Black Box NFS.
 

which1spink

Banned
Oct 2, 2009
755
0
0
SolidSnakex said:
EA has three NFS games they plan on releasing in their fiscal year. NFS World is one. You then have Criterion's and another. NFS: HS could be a new Black Box NFS.
 

SolidSnakex

Member
Jun 7, 2004
85,483
5
0
saladine1 said:
What happened to Slightly Mad Studios?

I'm not sure. I just know that Black Box is working on another NFS game and that EA plans on releasing three NFS games in their fiscal year. Criterion's is supposed to come first so Black Box would be the Q1 2011 title.
 

AlphaTwo00

Member
Dec 19, 2006
10,236
0
0
Toronto
www.haroldli.ca
derFeef said:
That's by no means certain. Maybe they have two games?
Possible. Criterion has always struck me as way too big given their output. Wiki lists their latest size at around 500, and even though there might be a bunch left as Renderware engine support, it's still seems awkwardly big for just one title.
 

Ninja Moomin

Banned
Dec 8, 2008
3,131
0
0
three NFS games in one year.... THEN WHY THE FUCK AREN'T CRITERION MAKING BURNOUNT, SSX OR ROAD RASH?


for fucks sake ea
 

SolidSnakex

Member
Jun 7, 2004
85,483
5
0
AlphaTwo00 said:
Possible. Criterion has always struck me as way too big given their output. Wiki lists their latest size at around 500, and even though there might be a bunch left as Renderware engine support, it's still seems awkwardly big for just one title.

500 people? That can't be accurate. I can't think of any single studio that has that many employees.
 
Aug 27, 2009
10,999
0
0
SolidSnakex said:
500 people? That can't be accurate. I can't think of any single studio that has that many employees.

Ubisoft Montreal has almost 2000. Of course, they are spread over several different teams.
 

Concept17

Member
Jul 23, 2007
11,024
0
0
Seattle
SolidSnakex said:
500 people? That can't be accurate. I can't think of any single studio that has that many employees.

Yeah, the biggest I'm aware of was Ubisoft's AC2 team...which was supposedly around 400-450 people I think.
 

which1spink

Banned
Oct 2, 2009
755
0
0
SolidSnakex said:
500 people? That can't be accurate. I can't think of any single studio that has that many employees.
Don't forget they certainly had a RenderWare dev and support team. It was last gen's UE3 if you will.
 

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
Aug 18, 2006
21,622
396
1,750
NYC
Do they really need to add RACE to the fucking title? Who the fuck is in charge of the tacky racing game titles over at EA? Just name it like the previous one and reboot the franchise.. Good god.