• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Need For Speed Hot Pursuit revealed [EA-CONF]

Give us music like NFS3: hot pursuit and I will not complain.

I am rather burned out on NFS games and thought Shift was changing for the right direction, if they really want to go back to cop car chases I hope they drop the whole gang rude boy attitude and give us a huge open city experience like burnout paradise.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Diablohead said:
Give us music like NFS3: hot pursuit and I will not complain.

I am rather burned out on NFS games and thought Shift was changing for the right direction, if they really want to go back to cop car chases I hope they drop the whole gang rude boy attitude and give us a huge open city experience like burnout paradise.
Actually, they also have a simulation based Need For Speed coming out in Q1 2011 if you prefer that direction.

Goldrusher

I'll be happy if it's pretty much Burnout Paradise with real cars.

Very happy if it's in multiple real-life locations, either A-B events or city districts à la PGR.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Goldrusher said:
I'll be happy if it's pretty much Burnout Paradise with real cars.

Very happy if it's in multiple real-life locations, either A-B events or city districts à la PGR.

As long as you can customize your cars too, I'm with you. Though I'd also prefer open world too, with an option to jump directly race to race like Midnight Club.

derFeef said:
Oh yeah, I HATED that night racing tuner crap.

First one was good though and brought some innovation (drag racing, tuning, online multiplayer). But after that, I agree, it was pure crap.

SolidSnakex said:
EA has three NFS games they plan on releasing in their fiscal year. NFS World is one. You then have Criterion's and another. NFS: HS could be a new Black Box NFS.
vader.jpg

saladine1

SolidSnakex said:
EA has three NFS games they plan on releasing in their fiscal year. NFS World is one. You then have Criterion's and another. NFS: HS could be a new Black Box NFS.
What happened to Slightly Mad Studios?

saladine1 said:
What happened to Slightly Mad Studios?

I'm not sure. I just know that Black Box is working on another NFS game and that EA plans on releasing three NFS games in their fiscal year. Criterion's is supposed to come first so Black Box would be the Q1 2011 title.

Had a lot of fun with hot pursuit back in the day. Looking forward to see what Criterion do with it.

I was kind of expecting Need for Speed: Burnout

derFeef said:
That's by no means certain. Maybe they have two games?
Possible. Criterion has always struck me as way too big given their output. Wiki lists their latest size at around 500, and even though there might be a bunch left as Renderware engine support, it's still seems awkwardly big for just one title.

AlphaTwo00 said:
Possible. Criterion has always struck me as way too big given their output. Wiki lists their latest size at around 500, and even though there might be a bunch left as Renderware engine support, it's still seems awkwardly big for just one title.

500 people? That can't be accurate. I can't think of any single studio that has that many employees.

Concept17

SolidSnakex said:
500 people? That can't be accurate. I can't think of any single studio that has that many employees.

Yeah, the biggest I'm aware of was Ubisoft's AC2 team...which was supposedly around 400-450 people I think.

SolidSnakex said:
Don't forget they certainly had a RenderWare dev and support team. It was last gen's UE3 if you will.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
Do they really need to add RACE to the fucking title? Who the fuck is in charge of the tacky racing game titles over at EA? Just name it like the previous one and reboot the franchise.. Good god.

saladine1

Here's a quote from an older tweet or whatever it's called
"False I'm afraid. We're doing this thing called Need for Speed. It's all about tarmac not snow."

Top Bottom