• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Need for Speed: Most Wanted gameplay and details

- XP (Speed Points) will be used to unlock mods, upgrades and cars
- Widest variety of cars in a Need for Speed game
- You'll be able to mod your wheels, suspension, engine, nitrous, body etc.
vlcsnap-2012-06-29-08sgomt.png

- There will be parked cars in alleys throughout the city that you'll be able to take control of by driving up to them. You can do this in or outside of a chase
a55qhq.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FwoLUZ6R5A

There's quite a bit of new footage in there.

saladine1

As a predominantly offline player, I hope the single player experience is deep.
Looking forward to seeing more info and media soon...

Geoff9920

Since it's borrowing so heavily from Burnout: Paradise (not that I'm complaining), any word on if the game will be 60fps?

jett

D-Member
Since it's borrowing so heavily from Burnout: Paradise (not that I'm complaining), any word on if the game will be 60fps?

It has only been shown on PC, but going by Hot Pursuit I probably wouldn't expect 60fps. Criterion doesn't care anymore. :|

Yeah, pretty much! I loved Burnout Paradise, so I am ok with this.

Awesome news, cause I didn't care for HP's driving model at all. Paradise is godlike though.

daviyoung

Banned
Modding? Great.
XP? Fine.
Autolog? Obviously.

I love Criterion, but Paradise's open world was a hindrance. And if it's using Frostbite 2 I doubt it'll hit 60fps on consoles.

Is this Frostbite 2? Hoping since it's a competent developer(unlike the people who did The Run)with a scalable engine it uses more then 2 damn threads on the PC version.

The widest variety of cars? Please have more open top cars and cars with high speeds, I seemed to have always just used the same two or three cars in Hot Pursuit, oh as well as the lady reading the description and history of each car, I liked learning minor things about them like price and manufacturer.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
Man I cannot wait for this game, I just really hope it has an option to select and jump straight into races from the map. I hate having to drive all over the place looking for specific events.

EYEL1NER

I love Most Wanted and I absolutely adore Burnout Paradise, but for the life of me I cannot figure out why I am not getting excited about this game.
Is it because it has nothing to do with the OG Most Wanted? Because I did not care for Hot Pursuit? Because it's not called Burnout? Because they are jamming a ton of AutoLog and social media shit that I do not care about at all into it?

I guess maybe it might be a combination of those and more. I would rather just have Paradise 2 and Most Wanted 2.

I'm happy by this vid; ...there is everything i want in a game so right now i'm gonna get this game ..not that happy about the autolog this ..i'm hoping unlocks aren't tied to it since i don't have that many friends playing NFS games

The widest variety of cars? Please have more open top cars and cars with high speeds, I seemed to have always just used the same two or three cars in Hot Pursuit, oh as well as the lady reading the description and history of each car, I liked learning minor things about them like price and manufacturer.

The Ariel Atom is in this one. Should be interesting considering that there's at least some emphasis on crashing other cars.

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
It's been a few years since my last NFS. I'm hoping this one will be good enough to earn my money.

A bit off topic , I really just want underground 3 but now that Criterion is in charge I don't think it will ever happen.

looks good, but im still disappointed about returning to a bland city, seacrest county was gorgeous

I'm hoping that it's a blend of Seacrest County and Paradise City. It'd be a shame if they completely dropped the look of some of the locations in HP for a full on city look again.

I much prefer the look and feel of HP to Paradise.

Yeah, HP reminded me a lot of Sega racers. It was always really colorful even at night.

I guess its a little off topic, but I always wondered, is there a reason why PSN, PC and 360 users can't share Autolog times between each other via the Autolog website?

ACH1LL3US

It has only been shown on PC, but going by Hot Pursuit I probably wouldn't expect 60fps. Criterion doesn't care anymore. :|

What!!

So was the game being shown at E3 going to look better then the console version because it was the PC version ?? I hope we get the Pagani 760rs and Huayra in the game.

Oh and Matt Webster... dont know if you read this but if you love the BMW m3... PLEASE put the E46 CSL in the game!

Duffyside

Banned
A little worried. I loved Paradise, but this game's city doesn't look anywhere near as interesting, I don't think real cars will be as fun or interesting as the fake Burnout cars, I think I'll miss the Burnout crashes, and the world seems sort of drab/gray.

That said, no Criterion game has ever looked that fun to me from trailers, or even demos; Paradise's demo was so bad I didn't buy the game until a year later, and Hot Pursuit looked boring as hell, but when I actually tried the Trial on PS+ I loved it. It's only when I finally give their games a real chance that I fall in love with them.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
I want to see some vita footage you son of...!

Are we really sure that the city is not paradise city? Some areas are the same!

Duffyside

Banned
I guess its a little off topic, but I always wondered, is there a reason why PSN, PC and 360 users can't share Autolog times between each other via the Autolog website?

Because MS and probably Sony butt heads, and don't want to share. They would both probably be ok with sharing with PC (I bet Sony would), but not with each other.

Afrikan

Game looks amazing......but I wonder, how would an updated Criterion game using Burnout Paradise's 60fps engine look today. Does EA *recommend* their devs use the Frostbite 2 Engine? I know awhile back they said almost all of their future games would use it.

EYEL1NER

I think another reason I'm not looking forward that much to it is because with Burnout Paradise, Criterion was working hard to provide new and fun DLC and even provide some for free.
I don't see that happening with a NFS game.

Game looks amazing......but I wonder, how would an updated Criterion game using Burnout Paradise's 60fps engine look today. Does EA *recommend* their devs use the Frostbite 2 Engine? I know awhile back they said almost all of their future games would use it.
Err. Don't think this is frostbite 2, but rather based on what they had with hot pursuit, which, was an extension of paradise

Top Bottom