• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

new NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams (Wii) Famitsu scan

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Capoeira said:
Old enough to make an astute observation and use words like astute.

Besides, if I told you, would you believe me?

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol Wow...

Your not older than 15. Its not possible. Id say 13 if i had to guess.

Squeak said:
Sonic Xtreme looks like it could have been really really good. Solving the issue of a high speed racing platformer with manual camera, with the ingenious use of fish eye lens rendering and spherical levels (looks like SMG might have taken a few cues from that idea).
Makes me want to play BUG!

Tristam

"LOL BUT THE SHOTS ARE ONLY 2 INCHES WIDE!!!"

These gameplay shots are definitely improved, especially NiGHTS' model.

"MAN SEGA SUX!! THEY'RE TAKING IT DOWN THE SAME PATH AS SONIC WITH THE CG!!"

OK, nevermind the f*cking fact that the original NiGHTS featured plenty of CG scenes.

"WHY DOES NIGHTS HAVE SHITTY FRIENDS LOL??"

See: Elliot and Claris. Play the original before you troll.

Krowley

I've been critical of the visuals in this game, but it does look better here.

Obviously, the pics are too small to be certain, but I think I see real improvement.

stilgar

The M.O.B said:
Kid looks scary,and feminine.

A kid who looks feminine ?

wow... god :/

Let me explain it without words :

9781741145632.jpg

OMG ANOTHER KID WHO LOOKS LIKE A GIRL !!!!1!1!111!
(i'm afraid to learn you that you looked more or less like a young girl when you were a little boy)

edit : too late MOB :lol

The M.O.B

stilgar said:
A kid who looks feminine ?

wow... god :/

Let me explain it without words :

OMG ANOTHER KID WHO LOOKS LIKE A GIRL !!!!1!1!111!
(i'm afraid to learn you that you looked more or less like a young girl when you were a little boy)

edit : too late MOB :lol

I know,but thats just imo.it's alright for a game though

Nakasan

Thanks neo.

I love the new characters. Really good, British, lookin' kids. Nice and innocent. Not a freakin' motorbike, gun or other "cool" accessory in sight.

Anticipation building!!! (somehow, I don't beleive anything can be anticipated by me more than this, yet that anticipation keeps building!!)

Hey look there's shots of the Saturn version included in the picture so you can tell this game looks massively improved. Oh and hey hey those two kids are the main characters of the game. They're basically the Elliot & Chris of Nights 1.

I'll even spoil the ending to Nights 2 for you:
The boy wins the soccer game and then goes to see the girl playing violin to a sold-out performance. Also expect a parade and possibly a standing ovation.

Just know that the soundtrack to this game like part 1's will be God and Jesus and Buddha and neo2046 rolled into one massive orgy of awesome.

[Nintex]

The screenshots look nice, I already hate the kid though. SEGA just can't stick to the main characters...they just have to add pointless characters to every game they make.
GDGF said:
Nice screens! Why do NiGHTS threads always seem to bring out the jackass in people?
Sega_qjpreviewth.jpg

[Nintex] said:
The screenshot looks nice, I already hate the kid though. SEGA just can't stick to the main characters...they just have to add pointless characters to every game they make.
The original NiGHTS had two kids, too. In fact, the story of the NiGHTS games revolves around how NiGHTS gives them the self-confidence through dreams to tackle their real-life problems. "Dreamers" are somewhat necessary for a game that takes place in dreams.

meppi

Yeah, thanks again Neo! Great job as always.

I must say that for me this game is only looking better with every screenshot I see.
And I'm not just talking in the "Duh, tats n0 AA I s33 in tere, SD 4 da loos" kind of way.
It just looks like NiGHTS should look.

At this point I don't give a rats ass what anyone saiys about this game or if it scores a 1.3 at Gamespot (which I'm actually expecting from them :p)

This is a day 1 sale for me and I'll make up my own mind about the game.

Screw the haters!

Stalfos

Looks good. NiGHTS looks a little shiny now and it looks like the cleaned up the water texture. Other than that I can't really tell what other improvements were made based on the small size of the images.

Top Bottom