• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Nine Inch Nails EP: "ADD VIOLENCE". July 21st. New Video.

Z3M0G

So is any of this on Google Play? Or are these STRICTLY EP's?

Edit: Hesitation Marks is still the latest they have... :(

Edit: OH, the first part is called "Still" and yes it is there!

Edit: 2007!?! I don't remember this album...

Edit: Oh, yes I do, of course... but I was confused by the cover... I thought that was the first of these 3 EP's... oh well that settles that I guess.

Edit: This tweet is what lead to my confusion: https://twitter.com/trent_reznor/status/809846884076384256

Ronabo

Some people have received the physical component. I like it better than the first one. I still have it sealed.

AcridMeat

Banned
Did anyone else get their physical piece in the mail yet? Seems neat.
1nWJET4.jpg

Luschient

Got mine today! Looks like the pics above but possibly different "labels":

LGWUv55.jpg

Also curious if there's any significance of the Model # and Serial # printed on the packet.

Will explore this thing a bit more in depth after I'm done with work.

Got my physical component, will probably keep it sealed like my NTAE till we get the third ep and see if these things link together in any significant way though I kinda doubt it.

Crazy to see the NTAE physical going for a $100+ on eBay though lol.

Got my physical component, will probably keep it sealed like my NTAE till we get the third ep and see if these things link together in any significant way though I kinda doubt it.

Crazy to see the NTAE physical going for a $100+ on eBay though lol.

-looks at extra unopened copy on my bookshelf...-

so I got my AV Physical Component bundle, but still no NTAE vinyl...

IronRinn

Just opened my copy of Broken and this is what I was hoping for with these re-releases. Nice, short booklet with an essay recounting the making of the album and movie. Nice printed inner sleeves. The engraving on the LP is crazy. Made me think it was just fucked up until I looked closer. Good stuff.

rezn0r

Just opened my copy of Broken and this is what I was hoping for with these re-releases. Nice, short booklet with an essay recounting the making of the album and money. Nice printed inner sleeves. The engraving on the LP is crazy. Made me think it was just fucked up until I looked closer. Good stuff.

That's awesome to hear. I knew about some extra essays and wording, but so far haven't gotten around to opening any of these. I'll need the right night free from being bothered to dive in.

Does anyone happen to know if there's any chance the sold out records on the store have any chance of showing back up? I am missing all of the soundtracks on vinyl and feel stupid for ignoring. I'm pumped I've caught everything else that has shown up at least.

That's awesome to hear. I knew about some extra essays and wording, but so far haven't gotten around to opening any of these. I'll need the right night free from being bothered to dive in.

Does anyone happen to know if there's any chance the sold out records on the store have any chance of showing back up? I am missing all of the soundtracks on vinyl and feel stupid for ignoring. I'm pumped I've caught everything else that has shown up at least.

Only one that has been confirmed as sold out after first pressing is Deviations. That was confirmed as a one time thing. As for the rest, no word yet. Only other things sold out are the first printing of Hesitation Marks and the limited edition sets, though, right?

They have been selling Deviations at the live shows, much to some people's chagrin. There's a chance that any unsold copies could wind up back in the webstore

rezn0r

Only one that has been confirmed as sold out after first pressing is Deviations. That was confirmed as a one time thing. As for the rest, no word yet. Only other things sold out are the first printing of Hesitation Marks and the limited edition sets, though, right?

HTDA & a couple of the soundtracks. Luckily I have Deviations & Hesitation Marks (funny side note, I got pissed a few weeks ago when I saw Hesitation Marks sold out, then later looked in the other room and it was sitting there unopened - don't shop vinyl drunk kids). I won't freak out over it, as long as I am completing the halos I'm happy for now.

I do wish the store had full order history on accounts, as much as he likes to embrace technology, it seems like online history as far as fans/customers go gets wiped every couple years...

HTDA & a couple of the soundtracks. Luckily I have Deviations & Hesitation Marks (funny side note, I got pissed a few weeks ago when I saw Hesitation Marks sold out, then later looked in the other room and it was sitting there unopened - don't shop vinyl drunk kids). I won't freak out over it, as long as I am completing the halos I'm happy for now.

I do wish the store had full order history on accounts, as much as he likes to embrace technology, it seems like online history as far as fans/customers go gets wiped every couple years...

Only soundtracks that are a bitch to find are The Social Network and GWTDT. But yeah, I feel ya.

Finally got my NTAE vinyl. Now hurry up and let me buy Add Violence and Year Zero, Trent.

Me too. Sounds good, but considering it's one-sided and not in a gatefold (or has a particularly interesting cover), AND the fact that I ordered it back in mid-December, the price was a bit of a joke.

At least I'm not this guy though.

Looks like NTAE and The Fragile are finally out for delivery today!

As an owner of an original copy of Broken, are there any noticeable differences to make a double dip worth it?

IronRinn

Looks like NTAE and The Fragile are finally out for delivery today!

As an owner of an original copy of Broken, are there any noticeable differences to make a double dip worth it?
Comes with a booklet detailing the making of the album (all of these re-releases do, judging by my copies of The Downward Spiral and The Fragile) and the LP has an etched B side.

I got the original The Fragile release. is there any difference in the mixing for this new release?

I paid like 100 bucks for it a few years back. I guess prices for the original release has plummeted?

Got mine today (complete with £8 custom charge and £4 royal mail 'handling charge' bullshit).

My labels say: 'Deviance' and 'Amplify Chaos'.

Any idea if the serial numbers unlock anything?

Top Bottom