New Ninja Gaiden 3 Details (60 FPS, 8 Player Multi, Co-Op/Versus, More)

Oct 10, 2007
7,547
0
0
My playstation magazine and OXM arrived today with screenshots of the game. People who are a fan of blood should be happy. It looks even more bloody then NG2.

Rated-Rsuperstar said:
The game looks to be running on a more modified Sigma 2 engine. 3 shots are of Ryu slicing up foot soldiers in a dark rainy city street. There's another with him climbing a wall with daggers. And the final shot is him running from some giant mechanoid spider thing.
Rated-Rsuperstar said:
There isn't much but a couple details are -

60 frames per second.
Blood is back.
Difficulty level won't be toned down for casual gamers.
There will be both competitive and cooperative modes. One or both will support up to 8 players.
The store is gone. Weapons will upgrade over time.
Greater emphasis on Ryu's story. No other playable characters planned yet.
May feature Move support.
 

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
Jan 4, 2007
26,532
0
0
NYC
Rated-Rsuperstar said:
My playstation magazine arrived today with screenshots of the game. People who are a fan of blood should be happy. It looks even more bloody then NG2.
pants.off.

lets gets some vids people!
 

Paracelsus

Member
Jun 24, 2007
9,087
573
895
Metalmurphy said:
So... what was really the reasoning behind the lack of it in Sigma? >.<
Official reason: ratings

Possibly the truth: game upped at 720p couldn't handle so many transparencies and polygons on screen, hence the lack of blood and projectiles.
 

TacticalFox88

Banned
Feb 13, 2009
22,568
1
0
Paracelsus said:
Official reason: ratings

Possibly the truth: game upped at 720p couldn't handle so many transparencies and polygons on screen, hence the lack of blood and projectiles.
It's on PS3...surely they had much more horsepower to work with. >.<
 

robor

Junior Member
Jan 9, 2007
2,411
1
855
Australia
I've often wondered why people act like they'd die by the words of Itagaki and look up to his work in such a way that Hayashi's chance at even proving himself is utterly futile.

Does anyone else feel this is a severely misconstrued and unfair outlook on the new leader of Team Ninja?
 
Aug 27, 2009
10,999
0
0
Metalmurphy said:
So... what was really the reasoning behind the lack of it in Sigma? >.<
It was the easiest thing to remove to keep the performance up. The new game has been built with both platforms in mind.
 
Oct 10, 2007
7,547
0
0
The game looks to be running on a more modified Sigma 2 engine. 3 shots are of Ryu slicing up foot soldiers in a dark rainy city street. There's another with him climbing a wall with daggers. And the final shot is him running from some giant mechanoid spider thing.
 

Peff

Member
Dec 10, 2008
7,040
0
0
robor said:
I've often wondered why people act like they'd die by the words of Itagaki and look up to his work in such a way that Hayashi's chance at even proving himself is utterly futile.

Does anyone else feel this is a severely misconstrued and unfair outlook on the new leader of Team Ninja?
Ninja Gaiden Black games made under Itagaki's direction: 1
Ninja Gaiden Black games made under Hayashi's direction: 0

It's simple.
 
Mar 10, 2005
50,827
0
0
www.theimrankhan.com
robor said:
I've often wondered why people act like they'd die by the words of Itagaki and look up to his work in such a way that Hayashi's chance at even proving himself is utterly futile.

Does anyone else feel this is a severely misconstrued and unfair outlook on the new leader of Team Ninja?
Hayashi has yet to do anything original in a post-Itagaki Team Ninja.

While I think Itagaki is way, WAY overrated and am willing to give Hayashi a chance (I quite liked Dragon Sword), he is definitely afraid to to do anything on his own. Since Itagaki left, he's ported NG2 (many would argue for the worse), made Other M with Nintendo, and basically just "collected" the DOA games in to a 3DS title.

NG3 will be the first real test of whether he can make a completely original game without a more experienced developer taking the lead, but you're right, people are definitely willing to damn him before that ever happens. I'll wait and see myself.
 
Jun 3, 2005
18,617
1
0
Rated-Rsuperstar said:
The game looks to be running on a more modified Sigma 2 engine. 3 shots are of Ryu slicing up foot soldiers in a dark rainy city street. There's another with him climbing a wall with daggers. And the final shot is him running from some giant mechanoid spider thing.
MUST. SEE. NOW!

RELEASE THE SCREENSHOTS! :mad:
 

D2M15

DAFFY DEUS EGGS
Jun 9, 2004
4,124
0
0
Yup. I'm not much one for Team Ninja-era NG, but they had me at 'giant mechanoid spider thing'.
 

D2M15

DAFFY DEUS EGGS
Jun 9, 2004
4,124
0
0
:D Well played.

Seriously though, Hayashi, would it kill you to let me kick some thugs in hockey masks through phone booths?
 

robor

Junior Member
Jan 9, 2007
2,411
1
855
Australia
ShockingAlberto said:
Hayashi has yet to do anything original in a post-Itagaki Team Ninja.

While I think Itagaki is way, WAY overrated and am willing to give Hayashi a chance (I quite liked Dragon Sword), he is definitely afraid to to do anything on his own. Since Itagaki left, he's ported NG2 (many would argue for the worse), made Other M with Nintendo, and basically just "collected" the DOA games in to a 3DS title.

NG3 will be the first real test of whether he can make a completely original game without a more experienced developer taking the lead, but you're right, people are definitely willing to damn him before that ever happens. I'll wait and see myself.
Yea that is indeed true. NG3 really IS his first solo endeavor.
 
Oct 10, 2007
7,547
0
0
Nirolak said:
Would you be willing to give a recap of the new details?

That's assuming it's not just a screenshot piece.
There isn't much but a couple details are -

60 frames per second.
Blood is back.
Difficulty level won't be toned down for casual gamers.
There will be both competitive and cooperative modes. One or both will support up to 8 players.
The store is gone. Weapons will upgrade over time.
Greater emphasis on story.
May feature Move support.
 
Rated-Rsuperstar said:
There isn't much but a couple details are -

60 frames per second.
Blood is back.
Difficulty level won't be toned down for casual gamers.
There will be both competitive and cooperative modes. One or both will support up to 8 players.
The store is gone. Weapons will upgrade over time.
Greater emphasis on story.
May feature Move support.
Thanks!
 

D2M15

DAFFY DEUS EGGS
Jun 9, 2004
4,124
0
0
The only way I can see MP working is if it features Rachel, Sonia, Mo-- whoa, time for my pills.
 

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Aug 23, 2005
24,587
0
1,260
JonCha said:
The only way I cans see MP working is if it is some kind of challenge mode, think Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood.
I kinda like the idea of a ninja free for all in certain locales. It would be horribly broken without extensive testing, and neutering of weapons, but I still think it'd be cool. It's the first thing I thought of when fighting Fiend Ryu during NGB.
 

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Jul 1, 2009
18,776
0
0
60 frames per second.

Yeah and DNF has guns.

Blood is back.

Good

Difficulty level won't be toned down for casual gamers.

Good there's no need

There will be both competitive and cooperative modes. One or both will support up to 8 players.

Not sure if going the mp route is worthwhile.

The store is gone. Weapons will upgrade over time.

Fuck that shit I loved the store. Muramasaaaaaaaaaaaa

Greater emphasis on story.
whatthehellisthis.gif

May feature Move support

:(
 

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Sep 1, 2006
58,595
27
1,285
-
60 frames per second.
Yes, yes, yes!!! Eat it Capcom, eat it hard.
 
Jun 3, 2005
18,617
1
0
Rated-Rsuperstar said:
There isn't much but a couple details are -

60 frames per second.
Blood is back.
Difficulty level won't be toned down for casual gamers.
There will be both competitive and cooperative modes. One or both will support up to 8 players.

The store is gone. Weapons will upgrade over time.
Greater emphasis on story.
May feature Move support.
Bolded: NICE!
Underlined: I'm not too sure about this one. We'll see how it works out.
 

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Aug 23, 2005
24,587
0
1,260
Bolded: NICE!
Underlined: I'm not too sure about this one. We'll see how it works out.
While I love the store, I think it could work with the store removed. Just have the weapons upgrade with use? As you slaughter your enemies, your weapon levels up? That'd be pretty cool.

Although, the alternative is that the weapons will only upgrade through story events... which I would not be fond of.
 

UrbanRats

Member
Jun 25, 2009
40,860
0
730
60 frames per second.
Great.

Blood is back.
Also great.

Difficulty level won't be toned down for casual gamers.
Good news, though having a choice would be perfect, like Sigma 2 or Black.

There will be both competitive and cooperative modes. One or both will support up to 8 players.
As long as they can make a decent netcode, because Sigma 2 was a mess, online.

The store is gone. Weapons will upgrade over time.
Uhm, not sure if want-- kinda detract from the personalized experience and style of play.

Greater emphasis on story.
ugh, no, please.

May feature Move support.
UGH, NO PLEASE!
 

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Jun 7, 2004
21,121
0
0
Still need to play through NG2. But those off-screen ranged enemies!!
 
Jun 3, 2005
18,617
1
0
GuardianE said:
While I love the store, I think it could work with the store removed. Just have the weapons upgrade with use? As you slaughter your enemies, your weapon levels up? That'd be pretty cool.

Although, the alternative is that the weapons will only upgrade through story events... which I would not be fond of.
This is exactly what I'm afraid of.

stuminus3 said:
THE BABY!
Pretty sure Yoshio Sakamoto had everything to do with that.
 

plagiarize

Banned
May 24, 2006
41,139
1
0
i don't understand why people are against move support in a game like this. if you don't like it, don't use it. what's the issue? you think they'd design the entire game around a peripheral that a fraction of the people have?

of course they wouldn't.
 
Jun 3, 2005
18,617
1
0
I hope the combat engine is like the Xbox 360 version of Ninja Gaiden 2. Imagine that with balanced encounters. Oh my god. DO WANT!
 

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Aug 23, 2005
24,587
0
1,260
plagiarize said:
i don't understand why people are against move support in a game like this. if you don't like it, don't use it. what's the issue? you think they'd design the entire game around a peripheral that a fraction of the people have?

of course they wouldn't.
Move boob support.