• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Nintendo 2DS LL Metal Slime Edition announced (Japan)

KtSlime

Pre-ordered. I don't need it, but it was too hard to resist. It will go well with my DQM Special Edition 3DS and DQM2 Special Edition 3DSLL.

Aiustis

That moment when you realize that this is most likely not coming over and that ypu cannot import it.

aIWtcyL.gif

Looks gorgeous.

Dear lord that's beautiful...

You know what, I'm glad this is never coming to the west because I really have no need to spend more money on another 3DS device...

Make a metal slime Switch though and I'll buy it in an instant.

Franziska

So... uhh... is the 2DS XL region locked?

My launch era 3DS' R button is conking out and I'm tempted to get one of these to replace it.

mindatlarge

What a beautiful special edition. Would buy this in a heartbeat if it came stateside or the 3DS/2DS family was region free.

Devil

I have never played a single DQ game and still think this an amazing LE.

Wish there was something that beautiful for some N franchises.

Aeana

AEANA ARE YOU OK

Aeana, are you still with us???

*edit*
Ashodin glad to see we both care

I have to sleep some time!
I posted my thoughts in the other thread

I think both the 2DS and PS4 system designs are a bit much. I liked the liquid metal PS4 design for DQ Heroes a bit more. Easy pass for me, though a previous version of me would've probably already had them both ordered by now.

For the 2DS, I wish it didn't have the liquid metal slime icon inside, I think it makes it look kind of cheap.

kubus

welp, already sold out on Amazon Japan. That's Dragon Quest for you, I guess.

For those who missed out, it's on Play-Asia too with a nice $70 markup... :/

The bulge is a bit much for me (??? I hate that I had to type that) but it's a cute design! Tempted to import it - I was planning on importing one of the versions of DQ11 anyways.

emb

Wow, that's so sick. Wish the 3DS was region free so I could import it, doubtful we'll see it in the US.

Maybe I should have a Japanese 2DS just in case I ever wanna import...

NolbertoS

As a DQ fan, I would buy it instantly, but knowing Nintendo they'll release a DQ themed Switch with DQXI's release. I'll import that instead as 3DS is going the way of the dodo in 2 years time. Already own 3 3DS and 1 2DS

StereoVsn

Oh hell with it, I am going to import this if it pops up on Amazon, Ami-Ami or CDJapan. Been meaning to get a Japanese 3DS anyway as there are a few games I want to play on it that haven't been brought over (like the latest Kenka Bancho game).

Edit: Amazon.jp looks to be sold out already. Amazing.

Top Bottom