• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Nintendo 3DS Hardware Info (Conference At 10 PST/1 EST Today)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Novella

Banned
OrangeGrayBlue said:
Anyone want to make official stakes on what they think the launch price will be? Bragging rights to the winner(s), of course.

I'm going with $179.99
$199

(That's another leak btw, I just leaked that)

Instro

OrangeGrayBlue said:
Anyone want to make official stakes on what they think the launch price will be? Bragging rights to the winner(s), of course.

I'm going with $179.99

$229 with some sort of pack in game.

EuropeOG said:
"Traditionally"...

Well that settles it, I'm off to bed, 4:40AM here :lol

Hopefully good news when I wake up.
The worst thing that could happen is that you wake up feeling refreshed for another day. Get to bed...you may get a gift from santa if when you open your eye lids tomorrow :D

Novella

Banned
The only Metroid 3DS game I want is a sidescroller like Zero Mission. But who cares about 3D in a sidescroller? So in order to take advantage of the 3Dness, Nintendo will make or force some other people to make a Prime shooter again. Which sucks. :(

Instro said:
$229 with some sort of pack in game.
$50 games?

Gravijah

Novella said:
The only Metroid 3DS game I want is a sidescroller like Zero Mission. But who cares about 3D in a sidescroller? So in order to take advantage of the 3Dness, Nintendo will make or force some other people to make a Prime shooter again. Which sucks. :(

HOLY FUCK SA-X JUST JUMPED OUT OF THE SCREEN AT YOU!

Instro

Novella said:

$50 games?

3D with a sidescroller should work very well.

Portugeezer

Novella said:

$50 games?
Parallax layers could work better.

Paper Mario seems to be doing this, but to a more obvious extent. Something truly flat and 2D would be harder to see I guess, unless backgrounds were rendered in 3D.

Gravijah

abstract alien said:
I don't have the nerve to deal with that, nor condemned: criminal origins 3D.

More Condemned 1, less Condemned 2. Would fucking love that. Condemned 1 is one of the best "horror" games around.

Gravijah said:
More Condemned 1, less Condemned 2. Would fucking love that. Condemned 1 is one of the best "horror" games around.
Yep, Condemned 2 wouldn't be unnerving at all in 3D...it's that damned first one that would screw with me. I just can't deal with going through the shopping mall again, let alone in 3D...
And fuck that House at the end.

*shutters*

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
abstract alien said:
Nintendo does indeed bring out both the absolute best and worst in humanity. This type of thing would never happen with any other gaming company...not that I could think of anyway.

Not a Square Enix fan, I see.

Portugeezer

Serenade said:
I don't know if they will announce EU prices, but I am guessing £179 in the UK. Though strangely that's the same as PSP, and I am weary of whether Nintendo would make it as expensive.

But it has the 3D effect which alone will make it sell, so they could price it at that.

Gravijah

abstract alien said:
Yep, Condemned 2 wouldn't be unnerving at all in 3D...it's that damned first one that would screw with me. I just can't deal with going through the shopping mall again, let alone in 3D...
And fuck that House at the end.

*shutters*

Open up, man!

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
abstract alien said:
I've seen people highly anticipate Square Enix games and do some speculating, but not to the point of mass hysteria that nintendo seems to envelope people inside :lol

You've not looked hard enough.

ILikeFeet

Banned
Nirolak said:
While I know people like the whole "Nintendo never leaks" meme, we're in a thread about the leaked hardware of the 3DS, we have a post several pages back about how five of Nintendo's highly secretive games leaked, and we're speculating that information about Nintendo's 3DS conference might leak ahead of time from the Nikkei, because the Nikkei always leaks information about Nintendo such as what games they're revealing as well as extra features about the 3DS.

Not to mention that the 3DS was leaked several times before its announcement and we even saw the circuit board for the system leak ahead of time.

Now we have one of the leakiest companies out there, EA, talking about some features for the 3DS. This is the same company that confirmed a split launch for the 3DS at TGS, was the only company to reveal a 3DS game at TGS, said that their title was a launch title for the 3DS, and gave a release date of Spring 2010, but Nintendo did nothing to try and stop that.

I'm going to suggest that considering almost everything about this system has been leaking left and right, maybe Nintendo is no longer overly concerned about keeping every last detail secret, and thus let third party publishers reveal a few vague details which they hadn't yet revealed themselves, in the same way that they let Capcom unveil the GPU capabilities of the 3DS despite NDAing all the system's hardware.

I'm also going to suggest that perhaps Nintendo is no longer the bastion of secret keeping they used to be, but rather an above average secret keeper in one of the leakiest industries out there, so we shouldn't dismiss leaks about them due to their "secret ninja assassins".

well the difference I see is that this is on a Nintendo mangaged site, so it struck me as odd

Gravijah said:
Open up, man!
*thinks abouts walking into that black ass basement in 3D*

Hell naw man, fuck that

Regulus Tera said:
You've not looked hard enough.
Id like to know about this honestly. I've always been under the impression that nintendo instilled the most "crazies" inside of people when it came to things like pre-announcement build up.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
ILikeFeet said:
well the difference I see is that this is on a Nintendo mangaged site, so it struck me as odd
Yeah that is pretty odd, which is why I can only assume that they're all right with that being out there, since the way EA's been talking I really, really don't expect them to put in the effort to make an entire achievement system on their own on the system.

I could be wrong there though.

Poyunch

antonz said:
Nintendo said they already had deals with a few studios back at E3 and even had a few demos running. The Demos were stuff like How to Train your dragon. It could be more specific deals but I think it would make more sense for some kind of movie service. If it remains totally focused on a small segment of movies I doubt much will come from it.

It would be good for trips and such.
I mean yeah single release movies would be fine but to pay a Netflix subscription just for the 3DS is a bit eh.

ElFly

Boney said:
$200.000 CL

The dollar is super low right now.

I hope Nintendo launches it before it climbs back. I am guessing $150,000 CL if it launches this year, around the current dollar price.

Boney

Banned
ElFly said:
The dollar is super low right now.

I hope Nintendo launches it before it climbs back. I am guessing $150,000 CL if it launches this year, around the current dollar price.
oh wait dude you chilean as well?

the dollar shouldn't have that big of an impact though, and it's not gonna escalate much in this short time frame. It should launch at 200.000 in the cheapest places, 180 at most and be even more expensive at other stores.

Gravijah said:
he has "el" in his name so yes he is chilean
:mad:

I know he's latin, thought he was from Puerto Rico or something.

Gravijah

Boney said:
oh wait dude you chilean as well?

the dollar shouldn't have that big of an impact though, and it's not gonna escalate much in this short time frame. It should launch at 200.000 in the cheapest places, 180 at most and be even more expensive at other stores.

he has "el" in his name so yes he is chilean

One of the things I've been wondering about has to do with the comment capcom(?) made about motion blur. Maybe special effects in general, but Ill just use the motion blur example to ask.

Them saying that it doesn't look good in 3D and would be reserved for 2D made me wonder...are they talking about actually having effects that can be scaled according to the 3D slider? Is it really feasible to do something like that, where the less intensive you set the 3D, the more apparent the motion blur works?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom