• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Nintendo 3DS: new Zelda faceplate revealed

L~A

Official Zelda account just tweeted this:

B9KozwsCYAA0PZw.jpg:large

The Majora's Mask one was already shown before, but the black triforce one is definitely new. Coming out on April 2nd. Pretty weird it's #055, even though it comes after #056.

Woffls

Another faceplate that makes me wish I'd gone for the Ambassador 3DS instead of this dumb Majora's Mask XL :(

JoeM86

Looks nice

Bound to look horrible on a White New 3DS though. These Zelda ones fully go with the black one, but the white one...not so much

Zareka

Ugh. This makes me want to go for the n3DS, but the thing's puny. My hands fit around an XL so much better.

Damn Nintendo and their limited edition console needs.

KarmaCow

The faceplates are so much better than LE 3DS ones. They're oriented the right way and don't have the name of the game ruining the design. It's disappointing how they constantly drop the ball on a design you can't change out.

JoeM86

A continued slap in the face of America.

To be fair it's not like they're advertising it on the Nintendo of America Twitter. That'd be slapping it in the face. They're not just going to stop making coverplates for Europe and Japan just because NOA decided not to bring the smaller model with the plates over to America.

To be fair it's not like they're advertising it on the Nintendo of America Twitter. That'd be slapping it in the face. They're not just going to stop making coverplates for Europe and Japan just because Nintendo decided not to bring the smaller model with the plates over to America.

Fixed. We don't know if it's NCL or NOA that made that decision.

Fireblend

Banned
I'm kinda tempted to order one, and hope NoA will eventually release the N3DS here (or hope someone will figure out how to make the JP/EU console region-free) so I can use it then
KuGsj.gif

kubus

Oh my god finally, the mysterious #55 face plate has been revealed!

Always found it odd that they completely skipped #55.

It looks gorgeous!

Neo Dark

Thank you NoJ for continuing to rub some salt over here. I still can't believe we aren't getting stuff like this. My expectations were low when I guessed we probably weren't getting Europe's ambassador new 3DS but not even the system itself? That was just low...

Europe and Japan are so lucky right now getting stuff like this.

Top Bottom