• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Nintendo Conference (CHRIS REMO SAVES E3: PIKMIN CONFIRMED: Post 1279)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grecco

This Wii Music is still such a bizarre decicion. Im wondering if it will come with a wiimote ala wii play cause i cant see it being a success. such a baffling product.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Chris Remo said:
Well I asked Miyamoto about Pikmin and Eguchi if he's still interested in hardcore games. We'll see what they say.

Thank you Mr. True Gaf Hero! I hope you don't get "verbally bitchslapped"

koam said:
Someone has the temerity to ask if this is really more of a musical toy than a game. HOW DARE HE! Miyamoto says the questioner is right, and "that's why it's more interesting than a video game." The audience laughs and applauds at this verbal bitchslap.
:lol

Miyamoto and Nintendo always win in the end! :D

Miyamoto: "that's why it's more interesting than a video game"

And that's the nail in Nintendo's coffin as a gaming company. Toys are more interesting than games, straight from Miyamoto's lips.

I think Sales Age should begin comparing Wii sales to Fisher Price sales now.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Doorman said:
....it's Wii Sports. Isn't it, by design, simplistic versions of popular activities?

I'm curious now as to what their definition of "exceed" is in terms of game depth.

Well, Wave Race 64 was released like what, 10 years ago? It wouldn't be that hard to make it more sophisticated than that.

nyong

Banned
MisterHero said:
WAVERACE OMG

please be true

I'm confused. Are they saying the minigame within Wii Sports is going to have more depth than Wave Race, or they're going to create an entirely new game? Or am I overlooking something obvious?

Anyone hoping for "Waverace Wii" is going to be disappointed. It's clearly referring to the waterjet thing in Wii Sports Resort.

lol, nintendo fans

MechaX

Case said:
7:29 Someone has the temerity to ask if this is really more of a musical toy than a game. HOW DARE HE! Miyamoto says the questioner is right, and "that's why it's more interesting than a video game." The audience laughs and applauds at this verbal bitchslap.

... What in the hell kind of Twilight Zone did I just step into?

birdchili

Grecco said:
This Wii Music is still such a bizarre decicion. Im wondering if it will come with a wiimote ala wii play cause i cant see it being a success. such a baffling product.
i hesitate to suggest it will be anything other than a giant blockbuster, but i'm really not feeling it. i at least *get* the appeal of the other wii ___ stuff.

koam

jetsetmario said:
Now we just need to create some sort of symbol that can universally display their current level of crapitude.

Wii Music logo?

Miyamoto and Yeguchi address a question about "core gamers" and whether or not these games will appeal to them. In a nutshell, they respond that they hope anyone will enjoy these games, and that a "core gamer" is someone that enjoys games, regardless of genre, as long as they're good. "We're making Pikmin."

!!

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Remo is truly a GAF hero!

If you get fired for whatever reason or killed by the Nintenjas we will remember your audacity. Good work, man!

Teknoman

SecretDestroyer said:

And that's the nail in Nintendo's coffin as a gaming company. Toys are more interesting than games, straight from Miyamoto's lips.

Then when fall hits they reveal an excitetruckload of great games coming and everyone eats their words.

ggnoobIGN

Banned
SecretDestroyer said:

He was joking about a smart-ass question. Relax.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Miyamoto and Yeguchi address a question about "core gamers" and whether or not these games will appeal to them. In a nutshell, they respond that they hope anyone will enjoy these games, and that a "core gamer" is someone that enjoys games, regardless of genre, as long as they're good. "We're making Pikmin

themadcowtipper

Smells faintly of rancid stilton.
Grecco said:

Ha dont you know Japan =Nintendoland

nyong

Banned
7:35 Miyamoto and Yeguchi address a question about "core gamers" and whether or not these games will appeal to them. In a nutshell, they respond that they hope anyone will enjoy these games, and that a "core gamer" is someone that enjoys games, regardless of genre, as long as they're good. "We're making Pikmin." OMG MEGATONZ!

Happy? :lol

kottila

Amir0x said:

Hardcore question averted :(

PDT
Eguchi asks what a "core user" is supposed to be. His own definition is someone who likes games, whatever they like to play. That's who he makes games for, and he says all games regardless of genre have the potential to appeal to the core, and the people who play his games are his core users.

and Pikmin confirmed

He adds, "We're making Pikmin."

Dolphin

Banned
7:35 PM: Someone asked if Miyamoto is still thinking about Pikmin.

Miyamoto's response: He's talking about who he sits next to when working at Nintendo. Says he sits next to people working on their Zelda games and other games they're working on. His team is investigating all types of games. When it's time for the team to announce a new game, it will.
"We're making Pikmin."

CHRIS REMO WINS THE UNIVERSE

And here is the answer!
7:35 Miyamoto and Yeguchi address a question about "core gamers" and whether or not these games will appeal to them. In a nutshell, they respond that they hope anyone will enjoy these games, and that a "core gamer" is someone that enjoys games, regardless of genre, as long as they're good. "We're making Pikmin."

Teknoman said:
Then when fall hits they reveal an excitetruckload of great games coming and everyone eats their words.

Thats what i think will happen. remember nintendo held their own conference to say the rest of the wii launch details.

JSR

Pikmin 3 confirmed kind of sort of... According to J0ystiq: "We're making Pikmin"

Edit: Aw, beaten. Numerous times.

agrajag

Banned
Death_Born said:
Does he have a keyblade? :lol

No he has a beyblade.

bbd_030627_01.jpg

MisterHero

Dragona Akehi said:
Anyone hoping for "Waverace Wii" is going to be disappointed. It's clearly referring to the waterjet thing in Wii Sports Resort.

lol, nintendo fans
Also @ the person who quoted me earlier

I know they were talking about WiiSports Resort but I just wanted to believe that the Jetski part might be as fun (as much as a standard fair-weather WR level at least). :lol

Teknoman

schuelma said:
Miyamoto and Yeguchi address a question about "core gamers" and whether or not these games will appeal to them. In a nutshell, they respond that they hope anyone will enjoy these games, and that a "core gamer" is someone that enjoys games, regardless of genre, as long as they're good. "We're making Pikmin

Blammo. GAF > Conference > Internet > GAF

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
schuelma said:

Did he actually say that last part or is ******* a bunch of turds?

Wizpig

Chris Remo said:
Well I asked Miyamoto about Pikmin and Eguchi if he's still interested in hardcore games. We'll see what they say.
Here's what they say:

Eguchi asks what a "core user" is supposed to be.
Miyamoto stands up and starts to leave the stage

Firestorm

7:37 Miyamoto and Yeguchi address a question about "core gamers" and whether or not these games will appeal to them. In a nutshell, they respond that they hope anyone will enjoy these games, and that a "core gamer" is someone that enjoys games, regardless of genre, as long as they're good. "We're making Pikmin." OMG MEGATONZ!
holy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom