• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Nintendo Direct tomorrow with new Wii U games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Medalion

Banned
Until they announce a permanent and reliable fix for the console's hardlock and slowness problems... a lot of this means little to me in the long-run

ASIS

I'm setting myself up for disappointment, I know, but I'm hyped.

News of Durango, Orbis, Wii U games, Pokemon, and all the released software makes this one of the more eventful January's in the VG industry.

But then again my Internet connection won't allow me to watch this. All hope is on you GAF.

Lolololololol if resident evil revelations wii u port takes up the entire 30 minutes :( :(

Devil may cry wii Ultimate edition , 1-3 + 4 plus the new DMC for $80

Do it capcom

DaBoss

But that's already an established franchise, a known megaton. It got its own ND. I doubt they'd announce their killer app for Wii U in some random ND.
So why can't a known megaton be announced on a Nintendo Direct for Wii U? Thy pretty much did that with Bayo 2 outside of North America.

4421535_o.gif

Someone please shop Iwata on this. And have the neogaf sign fade in where Bud Light shows up.
Best idea for a gif ever, somebody do this!

How's this?

TXpG5fg.gif

Oppo

Man, I hope this is a good announcement, for the Wii U owners' sake. If it's not there will be blood on the walls, I think.

Keeping expectations in check, release dates for the likes of Pikmin and Bayonetta 2 would be great, as would some eShop/VC announcements. What I really want to see though is Game & Wario getting a confirmed UK/Euro release.

Kerub

Banned
In what world is Bayonetta 2 - sequel to a cool but commercially not-too-successful game that didn't even hit Nintendo platforms - a megaton ? A game without release date and that we've seen nothing of. And do you people honestly expect a surprise of that scope ?

Isn't that the reason that people call it a "megaton"? It would have been expected as a 360/PS3 game but it was a suprise to see it exclusive to Wii U.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
In what world is Bayonetta 2 - sequel to a cool but commercially not-too-successful game that didn't even hit Nintendo platforms - a megaton ? A game without release date and that we've seen nothing of. And do you people honestly expect a surprise of that scope ?

I measure megaton based on fan reaction and Bayoneeta certainly got a fan reaction.

Neiteio

So this started with a tweet from the Dutch?

There are two things I can't stand in life:

People intolerant of other people's cultures.

And the Dutch.

Mojojo

it will begin slowly with some Pikmin 3
then a little appetizer with
how panorama view demo has shifted into a full-fledged Pilotwings U game
followed by
Monolith Soft's Xenoblade 2
Mario Universe
Mario U-paint
Mario Kart U

and finally the next Zelda with a new strong visual style

I am ready to get on the hype train.

Trying to read up on everything, but do we have any information on the amount of games expected to be announced? I notice the tweet does say game(s)....

I'm going to refrain from getting to hyped so as I can't be disappointed.

Malvingt2

it will begin slowly with some Pikmin 3
then a little appetizer with
how panorama view demo has shifted into a full-fledged Pilotwings U game
followed by
Monolith Soft's Xenoblade 2
Mario Universe
Mario U-paint
Mario Kart U

and finally the next Zelda with a new strong visual style

I am ready to get on the hype train.
They said, their project is not a sequel. New IP.

Foshy

So it's pretty safe to say that

a) we will see some Megatons or
b) they've really got nothing coming for Wii U.

Hiltz

New Wii U 1st party games ? Shit, Reggie was right.

People need to stop talking about Zelda Wii U. That shit is 3-4 years away from being revealed. Don't torment yourselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom