• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Nintendo Direct tomorrow with new Wii U games

Status
Not open for further replies.

thefro

hopefullly a confirmation that TANK TANK TANK TANK is underway

TXpG5fg.gif

yes

GAF logo needs to be better and maybe have some of the people in the crowd holding Wiimotes and 3DSes (not all of them)

Jockel

Please don't do this to me. My hype went from 2/10 to 11/10 after reading that. I'd kill for a trailer.
KILL!
I doubt this. This is probably panic mode Nintendo we're dealing with, so they're gonna announce projects that are near completion and releasing soon, to drive up WiiU sales.

Penguin

I'm expecting one or two announcements to fill out their summer/Sept release.

Then the rest will be saved for e3.
I also imagine we may get the first taste of Monolithsoft next major title.

Zia

Hope it's an actual first-party announcement, or something from Platinum, and not Project Fanservice or Pikmim 3 online functionality.

Jockel

I know something that doesn't take much time to develop to drive up sales...
F-Zero GX HD Edition. I'm sorry.

Wiz

Hope it's an actual first-party announcement, or something from Platinum, and not Project Fanservice or Pikmim 3 online functionality.

Pretty sure the whole Direct will be First-Party focused. Or at least about Nintendo published titles.

ugoo18

Maybe Nintendo took part in the THQ auction and will use this as a chance to announce their newest acquisitions lol.

Maybe Nintendo took part in the THQ auction and will use this as a chance to announce their newest acquisitions lol.

Would be amazing, easily do able given Nintendo's financial position and make a lot of sense in the West. Read last part for why it won't happen.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Reading the description of the event, should we change the title?
No mention of "NEW GAMES" at all, but "incoming services and games", that means "already announced things we would like to present better and deeper", imho.

Hugstable

Banned
Reading the description of the event, should we change the title?
No mention of "NEW GAMES" at all, but "incoming services and games", that means "already announced things we would like to present better and deeper", imho.

They have to announce games sooner of later.

Didn't Iwata said there would be OS fixes before the end of December? Did it materialize?

This is good to know, Wii U needs some fresh news to revitalise its image.

ugoo18

Would be amazing, easily do able given Nintendo's financial position and make a lot of sense in the West. Read last part for why it won't happen.

Seems like they possibly might have or will buy something

64RPrMI.png

"Scoop. Nintendo is at the verge of taking over a well known franchise (known from the DS i.a.). Unfortunately, I cannot say which one yet..."

That tweet is from November though; so it doesn't really fit the timeline of things with THQ.

Picking up a studio would be good for Ninty if;
- Their struggling with HD
- They need a game ready to go in 2013
- And they feel they need another studio to let them support 3DS/WiiU equally

TWEWY?

Soryy, i had to :(

YOU SON OF A BITCH

The Boat

They'll obviously show:
Exclusive RE7 directed by Mikami
Chrono Cross Sequel
FF7 remake
F-Zero UX made by GX team
New Waverace
Eternal Darkness 2 made by Retro and ex SK staff
Half-Life 3

This much is obvious.

Chittagong

Gold Member
Brace for Pikmin 3, Game & Wario, Luigi' Mansion Dark Moon tsunami of salty tears.

lol @ people hoping for a new F-Zero, Super Mario etc. to be unveiled

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Considering their last two Nintendo directs delivered on the hype, I expect Half Life 3 as a WiiU exclusive.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
So many franchises / genres / art styles / ways to play. Antthing could happen. If I could have one wish exauced: Wave Race.

Kouriozan

They'll obviously show:
Chrono Cross Sequel
FF7 remake
New Waverace
Half-Life 3

This much is obvious.

You forgot FF type 0 HD and Versus XIII.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
They'll obviously show:
Chrono Cross Sequel
FF7 remake
New Waverace
Half-Life 3

This much is obvious.

The only question is, will Shenmue 3 be there, or are they saving that for E3?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom