• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Nintendo Direct tomorrow with new Wii U games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thraktor

Predictions:

1. Firmware update: improves performance, adds folders, TVii for UK.

2. In-game trailer for Monolith's Wii U game.

3. Unexpected third-party title.

4. They'll mention next Smash Bros, but no footage (at best we'll get the name).

5. They'll briefly mention Retro are working on a Wii U game, but give us precisely zero details.

6. Some VC details, but still a month or two away.

Edit: I have a history of being very, very wrong with my Nintendo Direct/E3 predictions, but I do think these six are all reasonable possibilities.

Conor 419

Banned
Bayonetta 2 levels of megaton.

let's have faith

Naah, he said he doesn't know anything.

I doubt he would be allowed to say "there is nothing interesting being announced tomorrow" if he knew something.

He does know, that was quite clearly sarcasm. Bear in mind Revelations is being teased for their newest issue, they'd absolutely know of something else was coming, in fact, they'd have teased that as well.

We are only getting Revelations tomorrow, spread the word to avoid disappointment.

Anth0ny

Some virtual console details would be nice.

"Starting April 1, download Super Mario Bros for NES on the Wii U Virtual Console, playable on the Wii U Gamepad as well! We will release 2 new Wii U Virtual Console games every following month, starting with Golf and Donkey Kong on the NES in May*"

*we might just forget about the whole virtual console thing for months at a time

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
He does know, that was quite clearly sarcasm. Bear in mind Revelations is being teased for their newest issue, they'd absolutely know of something else was coming, in fact, they'd have teased that as well.

We are only getting Revelations tomorrow, spread the word to avoid disappointment.

I cannot tell serious posts from sarcasm anymore.

Javier

Mmm... non-Nintendo IPs that debuted on DS off the top of my head

- TWEWY
- Prof. Layton
- Etrian Odyssey
- Phoenix Wright (I know it really debuted on GBA, but since the Tweet is European it probably fits)
- Ghost Trick
- Trauma Center
- SMT: Devil Survivor
- Zero Escape
- Solatorobo

RazorK1d

God bless Nintendo and their 24 hr in advance Directs. This is the best way to announce anything not at E3 IMO. Get me hyped for a day and then drop your announcement right away. If its great news, I'm super psyched and excited, if its something I don't care about I at least didn't have to wait months to be disappointed.

Mileena

Banned
Some virtual console details would be nice.

"Starting April 1, download Super Mario Bros for NES on the Wii U Virtual Console, playable on the Wii U Gamepad as well! We will release 2 new Wii U Virtual Console games every following month, starting with Golf and Donkey Kong on the NES in May*"

*we might just forget about the whole virtual console thing for months at a time
Depressingly accurate

Qurupeke

MEΓΑΤΟΝ!!!11!11!

BAYONETTA 2
SUPER SMASH BROS. UNLEASHED
YOSHI'S LAND
GHOST TRICK 2
PIKMIN 3
POKEMON U VERSION
RESIDENT EVIL: REVELATIONS HD (SUPERIOR WII U EDITION)

IT'S ON!

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Mmm... non-Nintendo IPs that debuted on DS off the top of my head

- TWEWY
- Prof. Layton
- Etrian Odyssey
- Phoenix Wright (I know it really debuted on GBA, but since the Tweet is European it probably fits)
- Ghost Trick
- Trauma Center
- SMT: Devil Survivor
- Zero Escape
- Solatorobo

Mega Man Star Force. :D

No, it implies we aren't seeing tomorrow.

Which, frankly, I could have told you.

Yeah. Implying none of those titles were going to be shown tomorrow is a violation of his NDA and would get him fired.

But telling him that ridiculous wishlist was not going to be shown? Perfectly fine.

Omzz

I'm picturing it now, the Direct starts with gameplay from Yoshi's Island. Yoshi makes his way through the level eventually leading him and Baby Mario to a pipe. When they come out from the other side, they will show the new Yoshi's Land

i like hurting myself

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
It'll be Yoshi Musou.

Play as all your favorite different-colored Yoshi's as you devour hordes of Shy Guys, Bandits, and Mildes

Alright, let's temper expectations, folks. In order to please everyone Nintendo would have to announce a new Wii U installment of Mario, Zelda and Metroid tomorrow, and we all know that even if all three are ready to be announced, Nintendo would most certainly wait for E3 to drop those kinda of mega-tons.

Those Yoshi's Island rumors that keep turning up? Decent chance of being true.

HAL hasn't had a game in a while, not counting the Dream Collection. Maybe a Wii U Kirby? Possible.

Smash Bros. has been in development since June and they had a prototype running as early as last summer. Teaser trailer for Smash 4? Could happen.

Bayonetta 2 gameplay footage? Likely.

Wii U Virtual Console announcement? Dear God that better be close to being released.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom