• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Nintendo Direct upcoming Live on September 1st at 16:00 CEST for 3DS

Dystify

Added some things to the summary in the op. Hope it's all now?

• Super Mario Maker announced for Nintendo 3DS (Thread)
  • Alolan Rattata and Z-move mechanics revealed for Pokémon Sun & Pokémon Moon (Thread)
  • 4 amiibo for Zelda 30th anniversary announced (Thread)
  • The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword coming to the Wii U eShop TODAY (Thread)
  • Poochy & Yoshi's Woolly World for Nintendo 3DS announced (Thread)
  • Mario Sports Superstars for Nintendo 3DS announced (Thread)
  • Hyrule Warriors: Legends DLC Pack 3 announced (Trailer)
  • New info for Mario Party: Star Rush (Trailer)
  • Pikmin side-scrolling game announced for Nintendo 3DS (Thread)
  • Picross 3D: Round 2 announced for Nintendo 3DS (Thread | Trailer)
  • Rhythm Paradise Megamix launching October 21, free Demo on eShop now.
  • New YO-KAI WATCH 2 footage released (Thread)
  • Tank Troopers (new IP) announced for Nintendo 3DS eShop (Thread)
  • 5 new Streetpass games announced, Mii encounter limit increased to 100 (from 10) (Trailer)
  • New update for amiibos in Animal Crossing: New Leaf will be released in November (Eurogamer article | Trailer)
  • Animal Crossing Direct coming on November 2 (Thread)
  • JP-only for now: Play as Link in Monster Hunter Stories (Thread)
  • JP-only for now: Momotaro Dentetsu 2017: Tachiagare Nippon!! announced for Nintendo 3DS (Thread)
  • JP-only: Nintendo 2DS is coming to Japan (Commercial)

Dingens

wow... actually a lot of really nice stuff:

from the Japanese stream, the most interesting things were definitly Monster Hunter stories, the RPG Maker thingy, PUYO PUYO Chronicles, Power Pro baseball (because konami makes games apparently ?!), Megami Meguri (because IC card based new capcom ip... ok), Drancia Saga (although not sure if it's gonna be fun or not), Sabaku no Nezumi Sandan (because it seems like really fun micromanagement?) and than also momotaro dentetsu 2017 and the mystious Miitopia thingy...

and on the European I'm mostly interested in:

Rhythm Paradise Megamix with both japanese and english audio
DQ7
DQ8
picross 3d-2
AA
SMT4: apocalypse
7th dragon
Ever Oasis
pikmin 3ds

that's a whole lot more than a "normal" Nintendo system has to show for itself in it's 6th year

not sure how people can be disappointed with that.
Or maybe the US stream just sucked?

There's no need to change facts. Dq8 was announced as a 2016 title and That was never changed until today. Even when dq7 got delayed, dq8 was still showing as a 2016 title. Personally, I am fine with it.mthere are enough great RPGs this year, it is better to spread them out and it will take a longtime for most people to finish 7 and be ready for a new one.

You must have missed the memo. Those of us who paid attention knew that DQ VIII was not coming this year.

Any 3DS owner who hasn't played the game on PS2 should absolutely buy it. I'm going to skip it, because I already had my fill on PS2. DQ VII is the main event for me.

Tranquilo

Banned
snip.
and on the European I'm mostly interested in:

Rhythm Paradise Megamix with both japanese and english audio
DQ7
DQ8
picross 3d-2
AA
SMT4: apocalypse
7th dragon
Ever Oasis
pikmin 3ds

that's a whole lot more than a "normal" Nintendo system has to show for itself in it's 6th year

not sure how people can be disappointed with that.
Or maybe the US stream just sucked?
Have you guys not gotten the new Rhythm Heaven yet?? It's my happy GOTY

Clov

You know, I'm actually disappointed that they didn't announce the last bit of Fire Emblem Fates DLC. If it wasn't announced here, I guess there's a chance it'll just be stuck in Japan.

Dystify

Someone just made a new thread for 2DS in Japan, so the only new info from the Direct without a thread is the Animal Crossing amiibo update. (Links to all threads can be found in the op.)

Will add these, thanks.

Leizt

Neo Member
None of the stuff new to this direct looks interesting to me, but it's always nice to see Nintendo acknowledge Dragon Quest.

Why? Did I miss something regarding the N3DS in the direct?

Oh. Right.

I don't have any 3DS model... so I would purchase a NEW 3DS...

Wanderer5

Wow that was a lot more new stuff than I expected. This was pretty packed.

First off nice to see Ever Oasis again, through too bad that still seems quite far off for now. Yoshi Woolly World on 3DS is sweet, but not sure if I going to double dip for that one. Super Mario Maker 3DS is pretty damn cool and would definitely rather play on the 3DS than WiiU, but lack on online (least for 3DS levels)?

Tank Troopers interests me too, but I hope one of the other modes is online.:/

TiVo

It is about time.

There are a bunch of WiiU games could have been just made for the 3DS

Smash
Mario Maker
Woolly World
Mario Party
Mario Sports
Captain Toad
The Cave
Don't Starve
Little Inferno
Tengami
Paper Mario
Affordable Space Adventures

Even most of these indie developers who are still announcing WiiU games, why? Put it on the 3DS and make instead of lose money.

Dingens

[...]
Will add these, thanks.

there are also quite a few more jp-exclusives missing in the OP like

the RPG Tsukuuru Fesu
PUYO PUYO Chronicles
Power Pro baseball
Megami Meguri
Drancia Saga
Sabaku no Nezumi Sandan

maybe I have missed a few more?

EulaCapra

That was a good Direct.

I was taken aback by SMT: Apocalypse's surprisingly good graphics after seeing so many lower-budget/faster development cycle Nintendo games where everything else looked like a blur between Animal Crossing and Mario Party.

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
Does anyone have more details about the Japanese game shown 28 minutes into the direct? The one with the land subs. Looks cool as hell! I think it's developed by Arc System Works.

Dystify

there are also quite a few more jp-exclusives missing in the OP like

the RPG Tsukuuru Fesu
PUYO PUYO Chronicles
Power Pro baseball
Megami Meguri
Drancia Saga
Sabaku no Nezumi Sandan

maybe I have missed a few more?

Seems there's no threads for those here, but I added them to the op. Thanks. :)

Does anyone have more details about the Japanese game shown 28 minutes into the direct? The one with the land subs. Looks cool as hell! I think it's developed by Arc System Works.

You mean the game at 28:20? It's name is サバクのネズミ団! which translates to "Rat Orchestra of the desert!". Seems to be an eShop game. I don't have any other info about it right now, sorry.

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
Seems there's no threads for those here, but I added them to the op. Thanks. :)

You mean the game at 28:20? It's name is サバクのネズミ団! which translates to "Rat Orchestra of the desert!". I don't have any other info about it right now, sorry.

It looks really cool! Like FTL with action RPG combat in a steampunk fantasy setting.

Pancake Mix

Copied someone else's pancake recipe
I am sorry. But did you actually forget the graphically inferior port of a game that came out 12 years ago on PS2? How could you not be excited about that, you whiny brat!

Sh9Xeem.gif

Another poster ignoring the plethora of improvements to balance, visible encounters, and additional content like new characters, endings, and a new endgame dungeon?

A lot of us hardcore Nintendo fans owned a GameCube instead of a PS2 as well, and this is its first time on Nintendo hardware.

mikeyvids

Neo Member
Have been on top of NX news and rumors since it was first announced, looking to preorder day 1. The hypetrain is feeling like a long mass transit commute.

I didn't expect to hear anything today but if we don't hear anything by the 12th I'm going to take a break due to NX Rumor Fatigue. Time to spend more hours with the games I have than the ones that are coming next year.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
To me it looks a bit like creative drought with all this overlap between Wii U and 3ds library and these cheap spin-offs in the past years.

Pancake Mix

Copied someone else's pancake recipe
That's awesome. Revisiting DQVIII is going to be a lot of fun.

Bit OT but either Jessica or Yangus would be a good fit for Smash NX and make waves for the series in the West...if Horii would okay that. Easily the two most iconic Dragon Quest characters in the West, and one of Jessica's taunts is already designed :p

sexybeam.gif

Shikamaru Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者
Here is the official copyright listing on all the first-party games shown at the Japanese Direct. (I skipped Pokemon)

Street Pass: DLC Game 1 ©2016 Nintendo, Game Developed by Good-Feel
Street Pass: DLC Game 2 ©2016 Nintendo, Game Developed by Good-Feel
Street Pass: DLC Game 3 ©2016 Nintendo, Game Developed by Prope
Street Pass: DLC Game 4 ©2016 Nintendo, Game Developed by Arzest
Street Pass: DLC Game 5 ©2016 Nintendo, Game Developed by Prope
Mario Sports Superstars ©2016 Nintendo, Tennis, Golf ©2016 Nintendo / Camelot
Tank Troopers ©2016 Nintendo
Pikmin for 3DS ©2016 Nintendo
Super Mario Maker for Nintendo 3DS ©2016 Nintendo
Miitopia ©2016 Nintendo
Poochy & Yoshi’s Woolly World ©2016 Nintendo, Game Developed by Good-Feel
Ever Oasis ©2016 Nintendo / Grezzo
Paper Mario: Color Splash ©2016 Nintendo, Program ©2016 Nintendo / Intelligent Systems

maxcriden

Here is the official copyright listing on all the first-party games shown at the Japanese Direct. (I skipped Pokemon)

Street Pass: DLC Game 1 ©2016 Nintendo, Game Developed by Good-Feel
Street Pass: DLC Game 2 ©2016 Nintendo, Game Developed by Good-Feel
Street Pass: DLC Game 3 ©2016 Nintendo, Game Developed by Prope
Street Pass: DLC Game 4 ©2016 Nintendo, Game Developed by Arzest
Street Pass: DLC Game 5 ©2016 Nintendo, Game Developed by Prope
Mario Sports Superstars ©2016 Nintendo, Tennis, Golf ©2016 Nintendo / Camelot
Tank Troopers ©2016 Nintendo
Pikmin for 3DS ©2016 Nintendo
Super Mario Maker for Nintendo 3DS ©2016 Nintendo
Miitopia ©2016 Nintendo
Poochy & Yoshi’s Woolly World ©2016 Nintendo, Game Developed by Good-Feel
Ever Oasis ©2016 Nintendo / Grezzo
Paper Mario: Color Splash ©2016 Nintendo, Program ©2016 Nintendo / Intelligent Systems

Thanks. That means Pikmin could not be an Arzest game, right? Unless Nintendo bought them.

maxcriden

New Play Control Pikmin and Zelda: Skyward Sword. Not sure if I missed any.

Of note, NPC Pikmin is only for EU for now.

To be fair, the N3DS was just released last Friday for $149, which is the cheapest the 3DS hardware has ever been, not counting the 2DS.

Not to mention, it comes with a whole bunch of stuff packed in, including a full game and faceplates. There's a ton of value in that package.

Josh5890

This direct tells me that the 3DS will still see good support for a while after the NX launches. The Wii-U is so close to retirement though.

Anyone surprised that there wasn't any games announced exclusively for the N3DS?

Shaanyboi

Banned
I was browsing the shop to buy Axiom Verge and it was giving me errors about network traffic. Now it's just not connecting to my router..

Top Bottom