• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Nintendo release dates (Metroid, SMG2, S&P2 incl.)

TheExodu5

Banned
May 23rd? Whoa. Guess I'll be turning on my Wii sooner than I thought this year.

Can't wait. I hope they opened up the levels a bit more and got rid of the terrible purple coin challenges.

Varjet

AniHawk said:
We know more about Zelda than we did about NSMBW at this point in time.

In February 2010 we know about Zelda:
-Link is going to be older than TP Link
-Motion plus for archery and swordfighting- no pointer controls
-still haven't decided the visual style

In February 2009 we knew about -
fixed

Swittcher

Banned
TheExodu5 said:
May 23rd? Whoa. Guess I'll be turning on my Wii sooner than I thought this year.

Can't wait. I hope they opened up the levels a bit more and got rid of the terrible purple coin challenges.

Yeah, it's not like anything was released last month.

At all.

Nothing.

rj118

darkwings said:
any word on golden sun ds?

2x06-Afternoon-Delight-Animated-gif-Michael-What-No-no-no-no-arrested-development-7915781-300-167.gif

;_;

Vgamer

This spring is going to be HUGE for the Wii. So many AAA games! I never expected Metroid and Galaxy 2 to be released within a month of eachother.

AniHawk said:
We know more about Zelda than we did about NSMBW at this point in time.

In February 2010 we know about Zelda:
-Link is going to be older than TP Link
-Motion plus for archery and swordfighting- no pointer controls
-Visual style is different from TP

In February 2009 we knew about NSMBW:
-

Yeah, but we knew about Wii Sports Resort and Wii Fit Plus. They came out a few months before the holiday if I recall, but we knew they'd be big sellers during the holiday season.

Today we know of nothing big at all post June that is for sure coming this year.

Edit - Come to think of it, isn't E3 going to be around June?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
SlipperySlope said:
Yeah, but we knew about Wii Sports Resort and Wii Fit Plus. They came out a few months before the holiday if I recall, but we knew they'd be big sellers during the holiday season.

Today we know of nothing big at all post June.

Zelda, Golden Sun, 5th Gen Pokemon games (not holiday US but still this year somewhere and known about) Last Story, Xenoblade. Pretty big. Otherwise you may be on to something.

Xeke

Banned
SlipperySlope said:

Nintendo doesn't treat games like Zelda and WiiSports the same.

farnham

Banned
SlipperySlope said:

we knew nothing about wii fit plus.. since it was announced at e3

KanZolo

KAL2006 said:
I just realise this aswell (of course that if Zelda comes out this year)
We have
Mario
Metroid
Zelda
Pokemon
all in one year, lets not forget none of this games are crappy spinoffs, they are the real deal
O RLY?

Natakuu

Banned
Wow, the first half of the year is pretty packed for Nintendo. I wonder if they'll have anything worthwhile in the second half.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Now Trace Memory 2 makes me a little weepy, but they're already bringing out a ton of content, and none of this includes the holiday season, so I'm pretty damn psyched about 2010 so far!

Gilby

I was hugely skeptical of other M, but after today's news of it being mostly 2D I am beginning to fill with hope again.

boiled goose

good with gravy
SlipperySlope said:
Yeah. Weren't we expecting Metroid to be a holiday title though? As it stands we know of literally no Nintendo games slated for this holiday.

Well, either way I'm glad they're spreading their titles out throughout the year. Beats a huge no-game gap, then a bunch of games at once.

Edit: This time last year, I believe we knew of a few games coming out around that holiday. Or at least some games a month or two before the holiday. We knew of Wii Sports Resort, and Wii Fit Plus, for example, that we knew would be big during the holiday, even if they release a month or two before it.

As it is right now, we know of nothing big post June.

Wii sports resort was the end of summer.

Wii fit Plus = wii vitality sensor

KanZolo

EmCeeGramr said:
it's being made by the team that made Super Metroid, Metroid Fusion, and Zero Mission

so yeah
But also with Team Ninja peoples, or are they one in the same? Don't get me wrong the trailer looks great and hopefully it will be good but it seems spin-ff-ish to me.

Edit:
LSauchelli said:
Seriously? Crappy Spin Off? Where did you get that vibe?
Not crappy, but does look a like a spin-off. Or is this now the series is gonna be from now on?

OH NOEZ! I thought that Nintendo wasn't going to release Sin & Punishment 2 in North America despite them saying they wouldz! It'z a miraclez!!!!!!!

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Varjet said:
Super Mario Galaxy 2 Trailer

Doesn't load for me though :(

edit: Awesome

When you watch a trailer and can't stop smiling, you know they've done something right.

Also, these release dates just about assure Zelda being Nintendo's big holiday release.

suaveric

Ugh, that Metroid control setup sounds terrible. Was it too much to ask for classic controller being the default option? First person should have stayed with Prime.

ZeroRay

Damn you Nintendo. I have to take out a damn loan to buy more games at this point. :D

Can't wait to see what they have in store for Q3/4.

pirata

Chittagong said:
Mother of god.

Excuse me guys, I'll need to go bust a nut and then update the Year of the Forever thread.

Please do so. I love looking at that thread and salivating!

Top Bottom