• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Nintendo release dates (Metroid, SMG2, S&P2 incl.)

Hyllian

So, SMG2 and MoM at first half. Possibly Zelda Wii on christmas. And 2011 marks the end of generation (at least for Wii). The five-year cicle continues.

Wow, surprising to say the least. Two big Nintendo titles releasing way ahead of expectations. This will make a lot of people very happy I'm sure.

I was hoping though that there would be some more niche titles announced today but I guess that's not going to happen.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Nintendo lays the smack down. Summer is going to be a good time to be a Wii owner.

Definitely double dipping on S&P2. The game is balls to the wall awesome. May and June are going to be killer for gaming! :D :D :D

And wow at MM10 coming out on WiiWare next week! :D

God forbid what they have in store for E3...

Deku

Banned
So E3 will be a platform for them to show off their lineup for the 2nd half?

Speaking of which, what will they have for the 2nd half? Seems like all the big known titles, outside of Zelda, are all slated out for the first half.

**very sad none of the CiNG titles (Last Window/Trace Memory) are getting a release here. At least not in the first half.

d+pad

Plinko said:
Also, these release dates just about assure Zelda being Nintendo's big holiday release.

Along with another title focused at the casual crowd -- which will sell loads more than Zelda -- of course :D

Deku said:
So E3 will be a platform for them to show off their lineup for the 2nd half?

Speaking of which, what will they have for the 2nd half? Seems like all the big known titles, outside of Zelda, are all slated out for the first half.

**very sad none of the CiNG titles (Last Window/Trace Memory) are getting a release here. At least not in the first half.
Xenoblade, The Last Story, Zangeki no Reginleiv, Last Window.

OHHHHHHHHHH MYYYYYYYY GODDDDDDD!!!!

That Mario Galaxy trailer, I had tears of joy!! The greatest platformer of all time in just 3 months!!!! :D :D :D :D :D

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Nintendo is publishing DQ9? Huh, that's kinda unexpected (but expected at the same time... kinda.)

Also I love how everyone loves Nintendo again after today. :lol

If they're packing this much in the 1H 2010 I am really curious about 2H... I still think there won't be Zelda, but now I have to revise my stance of 60/40 to 50/50. With Metroid out in June, not August, that creates a much bigger gap.

Can't wait for E3. But, before that, I can't wait for May 23. Day of the Forever.

XenoRaven

I feel like I'm at Disney World after watching that Galaxy 2 trailer. I'd expect my 90 year old grandmother to hop out of her rocking chair and click her heels after watching this.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
ShockingAlberto said:
I notice Nintendo isn't positioning anything against Red Steel 2.

That's nice of them.

On the flip side, Monster Hunter 3 comes out the same day as Dementium II.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
DeaconKnowledge said:
From the Summit thread:

So let me get this straight...

They're adding WiiSpeak to compliment the text-based chat, they're making online play free, and they're giving everyone $5 for buying it? Not to mention they're bundling it with a plastic peripheral.

They really want this game to succeed in the West, don't they?

Okay, Mahito Yokota is the BEST thing to happen to Nintendo's Audio and Music Department since Kondo himself.

The amazing orchestral piece for Twilight Princess, the entire score of Galaxy, and what sounds to be an absolutely fantastic score for Galaxy 2...

This guy better be orchestrating Zelda Wii.

justchris

If Epic Mickey is hitting this year, they probably want to keep some space clear for that. Having Disney on their side is a good thing in every way.

I was always pretty sure SMG2 was coming out in the 1st half of this year, although I was expecting April not May, but MoM is a surprise for June. I thought August or maybe September.

Considering NOA's recent record, I will be shocked if both Last Story and Xenoblade ship in the US this year, and unsurprised if neither does. Let's not even get started on Last Window or Regeinlev.

ILikeFeet

Banned
Father_Brain said:
Considering NOA's recent record, I will be shocked if both Last Story and Xenoblade ship in the US this year, and unsurprised if neither does. Let's not even get started on Last Window or Regeinlev.

The Last Story is Sakaguchi's biggest title since starting Mistwalker, so I am sure Nintendo will support it worldwide. (but that's only a feeling). Xenoblade is still listed for NA (by this time Disaster has since been removed) so there is some hope.

Gravijah

XenoRaven said:
I feel like I'm at Disney World after watching that Galaxy 2 trailer. I'd expect my 90 year old grandmother to hop out of her rocking chair and click her heels after watching this.

Guess what mother fucker? I'm posting this reply from a Walt Disney World resort.

damn, free online and text/voice chat for MH3? they really picked up the ball with that one. finish strong in Q4 with some major title and a little help from some third parties (or not?) and Nintendo's golden this year.

AKingNamedPaul

I am Homie
So monster hunter 3, my most anticipated game of all time comes out..on mine and Hitlers birthday. I love you too capcom :*)

Also national weed day, but I don't smoke.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
grandjedi6 said:
2010 is the most insane year ever. Is every publisher going to open the floodgates come E3 for the 2nd half of the year or did everyone just get in a powwow and decide to just release everything Q1/Q2.

Nah cause half the winter shit is gonna get moved to new year. It always does.

Mario Galaxy is just so damn good it makes you giddy thinking about playing a whole new game with the same level of quality. SMG has actually made me even more excited for Zelda. I know all the designers at EAD Kyoto are just burning to 1-up the guys at Tokyo. You just know it has to hurt to be knocked from the top by a studio with only 2 games to its name.

Top Bottom