• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Nintendo Switch Hardware Model Codename Suggests Completely New Form Factor

Shaqazooloo

Guess the presentation formerly known as the E3 presentation could turn out interesting, unless the Chinese Wuhan virus from Wuhan China ruined that too.
Pretty sure Mariko or whatever it was took about a year before it was revealed as the Switch Lite.

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
For those who wants a DS/3DS on the TV, did you ever considered that some games needs two screens playing at the same time? You can't do this right with a tablet and a TV

It's going to be a Switch for TV only and that's it. Not much better what a normal Switch can do hooked on the TV, and hope for the gods to not be digital only.

LordOfChaos

A Switch minus the screen and just with an HDMI output, aka just a normal ass console out of the Switch, would cost next to nothing as well as sell like crazy I'm 100% sure.

I'd be into that. Preferably if it's also the "Pro" chip variant that has some power beyond Switch docked mode, but even just the bone standard TX1 running Switch hardware with a wireless controller and HDMI out would be super cheap and sell a lot.

It'll be a TV-only console without a screen, I found a leaked image:

Bdj3pH1E_o.jpg
That render is obviously FAKE, they did not even take the time to slant the switch logo so that it fits the angle of the box it's on!

On the serious side, I wish they sell this with the pro controller.... but I'll get to die from something else than covid-19 if I buy a gadget like this now... I I can get safely are PC parts (they go in the box, nobody sees them).
A Switch minus the screen and just with an HDMI output, aka just a normal ass console out of the Switch, would cost next to nothing as well as sell like crazy I'm 100% sure.

I'd be into that. Preferably if it's also the "Pro" chip variant that has some power beyond Switch docked mode, but even just the bone standard TX1 running Switch hardware with a wireless controller and HDMI out would be super cheap and sell a lot.
I assume with proper cooling the chip and memory could be clocked faster, it would un existing games better (DF made some videos about overclocking current model switch, it does improve the quality of games that push the hardware to its limit... which is not a rare thing with current hardware).

Last edited:
S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Nobody cried about 240p games coming to the classic nes and snes mini consoles.

So eh.

And the wii u already plays ds games on the big screen.
Except that played the bottom screen (lower res I believe) on the pad...

Top Bottom