• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

new Nintendo titles (Wario Land Shake, Rhythm Tengoku DS etc)

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Baten Kaitos DS and the untitled 360 RPG have disappeared from Namco's page. Oops? :lol

ggnoobIGN

Banned
cvxfreak said:
Wow, Nintendo went from having a thin lineup to have a quite loaded one.
I don't think Wario Land solves anything at all on the Wii side of things. (But no, I'm not worrying. I know Nintendo just wants to win e3 this year)

AniHawk

I hadn't ever considered another Wario Land. I thought that series died in 2001.

EmCeeGramr said:
Warioland must be the treasure title

Hmm. I can see this. Were they supposed to be working on a game with Nintendo? More specifically, a sequel? Because with that criteria you get Wario Land and Sin & Punishment.

Was Wario World called Wario Land in Japan? I like Treasure, but I don't want them to be making another Wario game.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Reading this post, I completely forgot about Fatal Frame IV. I'm really interested in that title. Never played a game in the series but I enjoy scary games.

jman2050

2cn9nao.gif

Oops?

HUELEN10

I wonder...

Is it possible that the Wario land title could be a remake of VB Wario land? I loved that game, and it would be nice to see something like it again...

Sciz

AniHawk said:
I hadn't ever considered another Wario Land. I thought that series died in 2001.
It did, which is why this doesn't make any kind of sense. Which isn't to say that I'm not happy about it, just feeling an odd mix of glee and befuddlement.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
HUELEN10 said:
I wonder...

Is it possible that the Wario land title could be a remake of VB Wario land? I loved that game, and it would be nice to see something like it again...
I'm pretty sure Nintendo just tries to forget that system completely.

I can't wait to get more info on this Wario Land game, I hope it will be a great 2D platform game and that it's release via Wii Ware at a pretty good price :D

AniHawk

RockmanWhore said:
I can't wait to get more info on this Wario Land game, I hope it will be a great 2D platform game and that it's release via Wii Ware at a pretty good price :D

It's $50, so I think that rules out WiiWare. At least, I fucking hope it does.

HUELEN10

RockmanWhore said:
Then again, couldn't they sell a retail and download version of the same game at the same price like SCE did with GT5 Prologue? Then again until the Wii storage problem gets solved....

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
OH SHITS!
Rhythem Tengoku!!!!!
Fire Emblem!!!!
Baten Kaitos!!!!!

DS= Best System EVER

grandjedi6 said:
A very timely announcement to further own stocka

It's almost like Iwata was sitting at his desk browsing NeoGAF, smoking a cigar made of rolled-up hundreds, saw Stocka's topic and thought, "...what the fuck...oh it's on."

jj984jj

Y2Kev said:
"RT Gold" makes it sound like a port or remake of the original game.
So does the Touch Generations label and pricing, but then I can't remember if the GBA game was budget price or not. Hopefully it's not, I doubt it'll be localized and JP doesn't need another remake does it? I doubt it is though.

HUELEN10

BrodiemanTTR said:
It's almost like Iwata was sitting at his desk browsing NeoGAF, smoking a cigar made of rolled-up hundreds, saw Stocka's topic and thought, "...what the fuck...oh it's on."
Wouldn't be the first time I have seen things like this happen at the GAF.

And because this thread wouldn't be complete without them :

DS Yamamura Misa Suspens : 7 7 7 7
Shiren 3 : 9 9 8 9
FIFA Street 3 (PS3) 8 7 7 7
FIFA Street 3(XB360) 8 7 7 7
DBZ Burst Limit (PS3) 9 8 8 8
DBZ Burst Limit(XB360) 9 8 8 8
Oookuki 3 3 4 3
NINJA GAIDEN2 9 9 8 8

Back to reality. RTG is an awesome announcement, but the rest is either third party or uhh a Wario platformer(gross). Still, the fact these games launch so soon testifies that Nintendo is indeed busy but keep their hands close to their chest until the time is ripe. Cant wait to see the fall lineup.

AniHawk

With all the remakes coming out, and the potential for RT DS to be a remake, I wonder if Mother will become a trilogy.

I think part of the reason we didn't get RT in 2006 was because the GBA was dying fast and the DS was hitting its stride.

Fantastical said:
What if "Wario land" is actually "WarioWare" and "Shake" = Balance Board?

I've also considered this.

It actually makes the most sense.

A Wario LAND with the balance board could be good though.

Akai

Fantastical said:

It's not...The katakana most definitely says "Wario Land"...As for the Balance Board, that's definitely possible...

jj984jj

EmCeeGramr said:
Back to reality. RTG is an awesome announcement, but the rest is either third party or uhh a Wario platformer(gross). Still, the fact these games launch so soon testifies that Nintendo is indeed busy but keep their hands close to their chest until the time is ripe. Cant wait to see the fall lineup.
WTH? Aside from Inazuma Eleven they're all published by Nintendo. :lol

Ydahs said:
:eek:

:eek::eek:

:eek::eek::eek:

:O

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES

YES

WOOOOOO

Best. Day. Ever.
It's not on the page anymore though.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Holy shit, wtf! RHYTHM TENGOKU DS!! WAAAAAAH

HUELEN10 said:
True, but that game was a gem in the dirt.

I'd go as far as to say that there are quite a few very good VB games, but yeah, WL was the obvious stand-out. If only it would have had enough of a lifespan to receive more AAA treatments.

I've been hoping for a long time that we'd receive some sort of remake. As cool and well-done as the 3D depth tricks were, that game would still hold up without 'em.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
AniHawk said:
I've also considered this.

It actually makes the most sense.

A Wario LAND with the balance board could be good though.
Hmm.. that sounds interesting. It would be quite cool if some games took on balance board support that don't seem likely for the support.
Or it could just be referring to waggle. I mean, you can shake the wiimote...

What the hell... I have no idea. :lol

HUELEN10

Fantastical said:
A Wario Land title where you use the nunchuck combo to move while sitting on the balance board to do stuff? Rabbids 3 has games controlled by your butt, so I wouldn't put it past Wario...

FoneBone

A new Wario Land? After a 7-year (almost) absence? On a console? In just over two months?

Not betting on it, sadly... watch it be something much lamer.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
FoneBone said:
A new Wario Land? After a 6-and-a-half-year (!) absence? On a console? In just over two months? Not betting on it, sadly... watch it be something much lamer.

What exactly are you not betting on? Its existence? It's on Nintendo's release schedule. It's there on the page. It exists. It is Wario Land.

Top Bottom