• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New NSMBU+NSLU Wii U Bundle incoming (?)

Nibel

Understand if old

3kt1KZ3.jpg

I was the guy who originally posted this image. For the record:
  • There's no price in the catalog, so I don't know if this will be $299, like the Zelda bundle.
  • I'm 90% sure it's legit. Don't think Smyths would have put something in their Winter catalog if they weren't 100% sure it was going to exist.
  • The box also says "+ Bonus Videos". Not sure if that means videos of people playing the Mario games (like those posted by Nintendo on Miiverse) or trailers of upcoming games. Just something to thing about.
  • I can't make out if the photo says "2 Games Included!" or "2 Game Preinstalled!". The picture in the brochure is super low quality. I sent an email to Smyths, they might send me on a higher quality pic.

Here's another image:

udjnboa.jpg

Just saw this on Twitter; apparently from a big toy shop named Smyths (Ireland)

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
NoE are really starting to put 'HD' on the front of Wii U boxes? The LEGO and Zelda bundles both also say '32GB | HD'

Seems a bit... odd.

ash_ag

Very nice bundle. To be honest, that's how I feel Wii U should have launched in first place. We've had a bit too much NSMB lately, but if it came as a bundled game people surely would have seen it a bit differently.

jbueno

Shit, I´d get that. And then Pikmin 3 and while I have my reserves about Wind Waker HD, maybe that as well.

Nintendo would be foolish to not make this happen. Wind Waker is cool and all, but this seems like it would do more to appeal to the wider market.

RM8

Awesome. Awesome, really, I didn't want to get Zelda or Nintendo Land, this is the one I'll buy.

This is what the Wind Waker bundle should have been. I'm sure more people would prefer two solid platformers rather than a mediocre Zelda they played 10 years ago, but that's just me.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
It seems like a good move. This should be an attractive bundle for lots of people at the right price. Holidays will be interesting times for Nintendo!

Yes Boss!

Not likely, especially in Europe.

Yeah, kinda laughed at that.

No way this bundle is going to help. It is already starting to feel like the Gamecube, which got bundled to shit with games and controllers and still moved slowly.

That said, fricken' awesome system. A bit sad folks are not biting.

Is New Super Luigi Bros U a different game than NSMB-U? Serious question.

It's a standalone game / expansion pack featuring Luigi (and Co.) with 82 completely redesigned, shorter levels, an identical world map, and the same bosses.

Basically, it's a game that challenges you as each course needs to be completed within 100 seconds.

The Boat

It's DLC, but the physical version doesn't require NSMBU. It's the same overworld and the same themes, but the levels are completely different. They're shorter, much, much harder and more inventive, they get straight to the point. Great game/DLC.
EDIT: Beaten.

Luigi game has a brand new level for each level in Mario Bros.

They are shorter. You get 100 second time. Luigi can jump higher and but it's harder for him to stop from a dash.

Not likely, especially in Europe.

The casuals don't give a shit about specs. Why would they buy a PS4 for 400 dollars with no game when they can buy a Wii U with Mario for under 300? You also seem to be forgetting about the 3DS, which will probably sell better than all three consoles combined.

I'M FINISHED!

Um exCUSE me Sakurai but CLEARLY the best choice for Smash Bros would be my fav niche character HOWEVER you are clearly INCOMPETENT and
Remember color Nintendo? I do.

jmizzal

This is what the Wind Waker bundle should have been. I'm sure more people would prefer two solid platformers rather than a mediocre Zelda they played 10 years ago, but that's just me.

Yea sure everybody in the world played WW 10 years ago, 22 mil GC sold what a massive selling beast of a system, WW the lowest selling console Zelda game yea everybody played it.

Neff

There's something really sexy about a Nintendo console box with Mario on it, moreso when the game's inside.

Echoing the statements that this should have been done earlier. Like, launch.

Bog

Junior Ace
Really nice bundle for those who haven't jumped in. Could be big with families this Christmas.

Top Bottom