• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Oboro Muramasa pics! 2D awesomeness! :o

duckroll

wiiss71.jpg

wiiss72.jpg

wiiss73.jpg

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Y2Kev said:
Very nice! Please don't play at all like Odin Sphere :)

Can't be quoted enough.

This looks gorgeous and I hope it plays leagues better than Odin Sphere. Less OS, more Mega Man Zero(or something of that nature).

R0nn

Holy shit this looks incredible!

Thanks for making a thread title that caught my interest. Otherwise I might've missed this.

Threi

notag
I really, really want to know what is wrong with this game now.

Because i know someone will come rushing in and telling us that it is crappy for some reason.

duckroll

Linkzg said:
Did you see the video of this? it actually looks fun!

This game looks fantastic.

I don't really think you can really tell if it plays like Odin Sphere at all based on the 2-3 seconds of footage there. Odin Sphere's problems come from the game balance, the game pacing, and general lack of variety of enemy types for how long the game is. None of that is going to be apparently in a 2-3 second sneak preview. In fact, even the trailers of Odin Sphere looked REALLY fun, until people played the game for 10 hours or so and realized there was still half a game to go with.... the same enemies and bosses. :p

zoku88

duckroll said:
I don't really think you can really tell if it plays like Odin Sphere at all based on the 2-3 seconds of footage there. Odin Sphere's problems come from the game balance, the game pacing, and general lack of variety of enemy types for how long the game is. None of that is going to be apparently in a 2-3 second sneak preview. In fact, even the trailers of Odin Sphere looked REALLY fun, until people played the game for 10 hours or so and realized there was still half a game to go with.... the same enemies and bosses. :p
I liked the game >_<

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Look great, and I'm happy it'll support 16:9 too, thought it wouldn't like most of the other Wii games that have 2D backgrounds.

sennin

okay fuck it. If by the time this baby is released and Nintendo still hasn't gotten their asses off making colored Wiis I'll settle for a white one. Honest.

Vanillaware should think about selling artbooks. Case in point, Odin Sphere's pre-order hardcover artbook for the Japanese version. I have no qualms about paying $30 per book for that caliber. Just don't think about charging the same price for Princess Crown's artbook, because that is a mini softcover artbook half the size and has 1/4 the content of Odin Sphere's.

Princess Skittles

Prince's's 'Skittle's
Odin Sphere's problem was having to replay the game five times and then getting dropped into a series of super bosses with no way to prepare yourself other than replaying the game ANOTHER five times (unless you knew beforehand what would happen). The game itself was really fun, to me, other than those two things.

samratty

Looks great!
I wasn't a big fan of Odin Sphere gameplay wise so I echo the statements of others in this thread. I hope it's straight action really

duckroll

zoku88 said:
I liked the game >_<

I liked Odin Sphere quite a bit too. But the gameplay flaws are very visible, and it's not like we should ignore them. The story was great and the cutscenes were really well done. The art and design really rocked too, so those areas should be fine in Oboro. There's nothing wrong with wanting Vanillaware to improve on the quality of their action rpg gameplay though, since it's pretty lacking in both Princess Crown and Odin Sphere.

zoku88

duckroll said:
I liked Odin Sphere quite a bit too. But the gameplay flaws are very visible, and it's not like we should ignore them. The story was great and the cutscenes were really well done. The art and design really rocked too, so those areas should be fine in Oboro. There's nothing wrong with wanting Vanillaware to improve on the quality of their action rpg gameplay though, since it's pretty lacking in both Princess Crown and Odin Sphere.
Oh, ok. If that's all, then that's ok >.>

Now admit the flaws of Xenosaga!

It would be even better if Vanillaware could afford to go the Wario Land route and hand-animate the sprites, rather than scaling/rotating segments as a budget-saving measure. I suppose that's just not feasible, though.

Ranger X

This rocks infinitely!!

I hope it's less Odin's Sphere in gameplay though. I want an action game there. And no "rolling" levels please.

tehbear

All they need to:

1) Take away the lag.

2) Stop reusing levels so much.

Well, #2 won't ever happen. Lagfree Odin Sphere tho would be awesome.

Top Bottom