• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Oboro Muramasa pics! 2D awesomeness! :o

Joule

radiantdreamer said:
This is a good discussion. Please continue. I need more awesome tips so that I can play Odin Sphere again.

Anything you'd like tips on in particular? Hard/Normal mode?

I wonder if anybody here has tried Heroic mode, I'd like to attempt it some day but it really does a number on the some aspects of the game.

HK-47 said:
Have we gotten names for the protags yet?

Going from Wiki, Kisuke (male) and Momohime (female).

Joule said:
Anything you'd like tips on in particular? Hard/Normal mode?

I wonder if anybody here has tried Heroic mode, I'd like to attempt it some day but it really does a number on the some aspects of the game.

... Peach Maiden? They aren't literally going to call her Peach Maiden, are they?

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
2mebog9.jpg

abstract alien said:
DAMN @ the swole, big titty akuma stance lady

She appears to be some sort of foxy fox demon. I wonder if she's friend or foe...

Edit: I thought you guys were talking about the other busty chick, I didn't even notice whatever that's supposed to be :lol

Nice pics ;o

BTW has the summary of the story ever revealed? what is the story about? will these two main characters even meet each other in the story, or are they totally seperated and have their own path/story line?

Saint Gregory said:
She appears to be some sort of foxy fox demon. I wonder if she's friend or foe...

Edit: I thought you guys were talking about the other busty chick, I didn't even notice whatever that's supposed to be :lol
haha, she is going to kill EVERYONE! She probably has a Raging Tit Demon move.

abstract alien said:
haha, she is going to kill EVERYONE! She probably has a Raging Tit Demon move.

I would call it a tranny surprise but where exactly would the surprise be?

The art in this game is just beyond mindblowing, I can't stop looking at the mermaid :O

GDGF said:
I think that's Peach Princess, actually, which is even nuttier.
:lol I was going to make a comment about all Japanese princesses being named Peach.

Saint Gregory said:
I would call it a tranny surprise but where exactly would the surprise be?

The art in this game is just beyond mindblowing, I can't stop looking at the mermaid :O
It really is, and it seems so at one with the music we've hard so far. Such a perfect mesh...I wish we could get this more often, but then i guess it wouldnt be as special.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
Joule said:
ugh. i'd be embarrassed to play online as a character bearing either of those names.

Whoever it is who does the official thread just be sure to name it the official thread of "Hey Jaffe! This is what a painting come to life looks like!!!"

Saint Gregory said:
Whoever it is who does the official thread Just be sure to name it the official thread of "Hey Jaffe! This is what a painting come to life looks like!!!"

Quoted for Truth. God that quote annoyed me. Sorry Jaffe if you're reading this, I like you and all but that game looks nothing like a painting.

Then again this game literally IS a painting, at least graphics wise.

Tenbatsu said:
Thanks. Translated some bits :

- The boy, Kisuke, is a fugitive ninja which lost his memories, to the point that he couldn't even remember why he was being chased after. The only thing he is sure of, is that he is now motivated by an intense desire to pursue and find a certain "katana", even if this means fighting for that.

- The girl, Momohime, is a pure and beautiful princess which was one day possessed by an evil spirit. This tragedy led her to flee her castle, and to vanish...

- You can use two types of katana : the regular, long sword, and the bigger sword. The regular swords excel in 1-on-1 and aerial battles, while the bigger, more powerful swords are better suited to take care of multiple enemies.The proper use of weapons depending on the situation is a key element of the battles.
It's said that the battles are not just about blowing off enemies, as there are many strategic elements to them.

- You can perform defensive, as well as evasive moves, at the cost of a depleting soul gauge. When the gauge reachs zero, your weapon breaks, considerably reducing your attack power (you'll then have to switch your sword).

- You can equip up to 3 katanas. After a certain time has elapsed, you're able to use one of your weapon's special power ("iai kiri"). To do that, just switch to it, and it will be unleashed automatically. Switching your weapons strategically is actually a key element.

- As you collect more and more katanas, you'll find out that each of them has a different secret skill concealed within it (i.e : some spinning move, lightning-quick jabs, etc)

- That game takes place on the Genroku era's Honshuu. You're free to start the game with any of the two characters. If you choose Kisuke, you start from the West side of the map. Alternatively, if you choose Momohime, you start from the East side. From then the story of both characters branch out independently.

- On your quest, you'll be able to meet various characters, visit some villages and cities where you'll be able to shop, eat, and restore yourself, and experience many events.

-the development team actually invested a lot of time and effort into the animations which are played when you eat the various meals at the restaurants, so they hope you'll enjoy them :lol .

- You'll be able to travel long distance in a short time thanks to boats and other vehicles, though you'll have to pay for these services. You must be careful though, as you could have a few surprises during your trips...

- the preorder bonus will consist of a 2 meters long, reversible folding screen with artworks printed on it.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
is anybody else feeling the same sudden urge for a shiren with oboro's looks?

@stormbringer: thanks!

Stormbringer said:

- You can use two types of katana : the regular, long sword, and the bigger sword. The regular swords excel in 1-on-1 and aerial battles, while the bigger, more powerful swords are better suited to take care of multiple enemies.The proper use of weapons depending on the situation is a key element of the battles.
It's said that the battles are not just about blowing off enemies, as there are many strategic elements to them.

- You can perform defensive, as well as evasive moves, at the cost of a depleting soul gauge. When the gauge reachs zero, your weapon breaks, considerably reducing your attack power (you'll then have to switch your sword).

- You can equip up to 3 katanas. After a certain time has elapsed, you're able to use one of your weapon's special power. To do that, just switch to it, and it will be unleashed automatically. Switching your weapons strategically is actually a key element.

- As you collect more and more katanas, you'll find out that each of them has a different secret skill concealed within it.

- the preorder bonus will consist of a 2 meters long, reversible folding screen with artworks printed on it.

Odin Sphere's successor am confirmed.

Joule

Stormbringer said:
-the development team actually invested a lot of time and effort into the animations which are played when you eat the various meals at the restaurants, so they hope you'll enjoy them :lol .

Damn right I'll enjoy them.

Thanks for the translations Stormbringer, the game is sounding great.

Flying_Phoenix should rest easier now about the strategic combat aspect.

bdouble

Thanks for the translation. This game will rule my senses. Picking up a 24" LCD soon and can't wait to see it on that thing.

Tenbatsu

Stormbringer said:
What to say? Even the president had to animate it himself.

danmaku

I mean the preorder bonus. I don't know about OS or GG, Oboro will be released in Europe (wiki says November 2009) but I think we'll get just the regular version.

Arde5643 said:
Did Europe get Odin Sphere or GrimGrimoire?

Europe got a late improved version of Odin Sphere that eliminated the slowdown by Square-Enix, not sure about GrimmGrimoire though. And Europe should probably get this game as it most likely sold pretty well as the game is a "Greatest Hits" title and only sold around 210k in America and Japan combined.

I was going to wait until the US release to pick this one up but that pre-order bonus is too good to pass up. In fact, the number of Japanese Wii titles that look awesome is growing so great that I might forgo homebrew and just order a Japanese Wii to go with my OM purchase. If Nintendo releases a new color Wii over there between now and launch I won't hesitate a second.

kle89

Neo Member
damn... this has got to be the best 2D game i have ever seen. I will pick up a Wii for this.
Anyone have an idea of how many gameplay hours it's rated at?

Top Bottom