• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Oboro Muramasa pics! 2D awesomeness! :o

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
The best thing is... all the illustrations are apparently the sprites used in the game.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Game is pretty but midway finding the screens sexy I think "please don't have slowdown...". :(

I want to believe.

zurra

Jocchan said:
The best thing is... all the illustrations are apparently the sprites used in the game.
Well, that's how Vanillaware does things. Not to say this game doesn't look incredible (it does, as did Odin Sphere and Grim Grimoire *drool*), but since they do all their art in HD anyway and then shrink it down... good lord what an HD game of theirs would look like.

Regarding the folding screen preorder bonus, they have a picture of it up on the official site here. It looks neat, but if it was actually all ART instead of basically a folding artbook (unless the other side has something insane) I'd buy it and I don't even own a Wii.

Beautiful game. And as much as I would like to support RSG, but they'll take too damn long to bring the game over here. Day 1 US import for me. >:I

SilverLunar said:
60871520090227_152045_10_big.jpg

Okay Vanillaware, now make a spinoff called Kitsune! You got the style nailed! :D

:lol

Dascu

I think I might have to import this one. Don't think I'll be able to wait until "Spring 2010" for the Euro release.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Stormbringer said:
-the development team actually invested a lot of time and effort into the animations which are played when you eat the various meals at the restaurants, so they hope you'll enjoy them :lol .

:lol Odin Sphere was the same way. One of the characters would actually lick her fingers after she finished.

kle89

Neo Member
this makes me want to play one of those side scrolling mmos, any good ones in mind excluding maple story?

if vanillaware went into that market, they'd dominate.

My God it's like they've fixed the flaws of Odin Sphere with this release. More Actiony combat system? Check. Non-repeating constant backgrounds? Check. Interaction with NPC's? Check. More bosses and enemies? Check. Now if they fix the slowdown then this game will be gravy.

I loved Odin Sphere (perhaps my favorite game of all-time) but while it was a fun, deep, and fresh experience it definitely had it's flaws. It seems that Odin Sphere was the rough draft and they've taken the experience and finances to produce this.

Mock-up of the preorder bonus (1,70 meters long folding picture) :

privilege.jpg

For info, one side will show characters visuals, while the opposite side will feature a collection of data from the game.

Feep

Banned
My fervent apologies; it's probably in the thread somewhere, but...

Does this have a confirmed stateside release yet?

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Feep said:
My fervent apologies; it's probably in the thread somewhere, but...

Does this have a confirmed stateside release yet?

Yes, being brought over by XSEED as "Muramasa: The Demon Blade". It's part of their contract with Marvelous. No date yet.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Arde5643 said:
Oh my, what do they call this? Fishiality? Aquality? Because damn!!! This is one fucking hot fins.

Sirenophilia mayhaps?

I'm still waiting for a link to the reverse mermaid thread, by the way.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
please, don't have single-digit framerate, please don't have single-digit framerate, repeat.

Taurus said:
I thought it's mostly HD games problem, not Wii games?
More like a Vanillaware problem. And yeah it'll probably be chuggy, but it looks so awesome I wouldn't mind all that much - and I'm a framerate whore.

Fuu

Ledsen said:
Odin Sphere has slowdown for a total of maybe ~10 minutes... I can't believe people still go on about this.
Sorry, there's no way to downplay the amount of slowdown in OS, it was pretty heavy when the amount of things on the screen went up. The fights against Odette at the netherworld with that fuckton of summoned flying skeletons was simply absurd. And the load times when you visited the cafe and restaurant... Ugh.

Muramasa looks awesome and shows a lot of promise but I'll only allow myself to get truly hyped when we hear about how the final build will actually run.

wsippel

Banned
Fuu said:
Sorry, there's no way to downplay the amount of slowdown in OS, it was pretty heavy when the amount of things on the screen went up. The fights against Odette at the netherworld with that fuckton of summoned flying skeletons was simply absurd. And the load times when you visited the cafe and restaurant... Ugh.

Muramasa looks awesome and shows a lot of promise but I'll only allow myself to get truly hyped when we hear about how the final build will actually run.
The slowdown was supposedly fixed in the PAL release. Odin Sphere was buggy/ badly coded. There's little reason to believe Muramasa will have the same issues.

Fuu

wsippel said:
The slowdown was supposedly fixed in the PAL release. Odin Sphere was buggy/ badly coded. There's little reason to believe Muramasa will have the same issues.
Yeah, the NA one unfortunately was a mess in that regard. I didn't know it was fixed in the PAL release, makes me less worried about Muramasa.

jaundicejuice said:
Play Odin Sphere.

The PAL version has no slowdown.

Fuu said:

While it was bad it really is ridiculously overblown. I mean it only occurs in when you fight two bosses and if you use a certain item in a place you visit twice.

I'm not defending it as it was inexcusable but honestly people really overblow this. As for the load times they really weren't that bad. Just about 10 to 15 seconds at most for me. Also I didn't mind much as you rarely had to ever visit the restaurant in the game since the need to level up was very few and far inbetween in the game.

wsippel said:
Odin Sphere was buggy/ badly coded.

How? I don't remember seeing any glitches for the game.

Top Bottom