• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Official Playstation Magazine (Heavenly Sword, Stranglehold REVIEWED)

pswii60

Got my latest Official Playstation Magazine UK.

PS3 Reviews

Lair - 6
Heavenly Sword - 7
Stuntman Ignition - 7
Stranglehold - 8
Singstar PS3 - 9
Wowhawk - 9
Colin McRae Dirt - 8
NASCAR 08 - 4
All-Pro Football 2k8 - 7
NCAA Football 08 - 8
Gauntlet II PSN - 2

PSP Reviews

Crazy Taxi Fare Wars - 7
Worms Open Warfare 2 - 8
Tony Hawks Project 8 - 7
PQ2 Practical Intelligence Quotient - 6
Monster Hunter Freedom 2 - 7
Final Armada - 2

PS2 Reviews

Singstar 90s - 7
Guitar Hero Rocks the 80s - 7
Obscure II - 6
Premier Manager 08 - 3

Previews

MGS4
UTIII
Killzone 2
Call of Duty 4
Ratchet & Clank
GT5 Prologue
Condemned 2
White Knight Story
Prototype
DMC4
Star Wars Force Unleashed
Infamous
Lego Indiana Jones

pswii60

Mmmkay said:
*prepares for disappointment*

What was on the cover disc?

Resistance (again), Formula One (Again), Ninja Gaiden Sigma (AGain), Super Rub-a-Dub (AGAin), Armoured Core 4 (AGAIn), Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 (AGAI... oh wait, that's new).

Seriously, when you're paying a premium (£5.99), for a magazine with such shit quality previews, the least they could do is give you a decent demo disc

pswii60

PuppetSlave said:
They really liked singstar on PS3 but not on PS2. Got to be a really good version then?

Singstar 90s is like the 15th PS2 SKU, rated more on the quality of the songs included rather than the game itself. The original got 9/10.

How did they manage to play Singstar PS3 ? This game is always pushed back.
At least 9 is impressive...for an HD karaoke game :D
Other scores seem fair to me.

Jim

What have previous Singstar games scored?

Also, really curious to how the PS3 version of Stranglehold has turned out... with the whole UE3 issues and all.

(Edit:) lol @ Factor 6.. oh so true.

Jim said:

Also, really curious to how the PS3 version of Stranglehold has turned out... with the whole UE3 issues and all.

Yeh me to, if its exactly the same as the 360 version (Performance wise etc) then I might pick it up at a later date as I enjoyed the 360 demo, but wouldn't really want another shooter on 360.

Heres to hoping the PS3 version really is an 8!

Haunted

pswii60 said:
PS3 Reviews

Lair - 6
Heavenly Sword - 7

Singstar PS3 - 9
Warhawk - 9
Woah. Lair and Heavenly Sword are so yesterday's summer draught hype.

It's all about Wowhawk and Singstar now. GAF was fooled again (except for the Wowhawk beta testers.)

edit: I liked the Factor 5.5 joke more than Factor 6.

pswii60

Jim said:

(Edit:) lol @ Factor 6.. oh so true.

Pretty sure the first Singstar got 9/10. But they love this one - call it the 'iTunes of singing'. The only thing potentially stopping the success of this game is the price of entry.

They don't mention anything much about Stranglehold in that regard, obviously they aren't going to be comparing it to the 360 version.

steverulez said:
Yeh me to, if its exactly the same as the 360 version (Performance wise etc) then I might pick it up at a later date as I enjoyed the 360 demo, but wouldn't really want another shooter on 360.

Heres to hoping the PS3 version really is an 8!

What?

steverulez said:
I have too many shooters on 360.
If I was to get Stranglehold, i'd buy it on PS3, but I don't want the PS3 one to be inferior to the 360 version...

How does that make any sense at all? Whichever one you buy it for you still own the game, its still in your game library. I don't understand the reasoning. I have too many shooters on the 360 so I wont buy anymore for them, but I will if it comes on the PS3 ... ??

Chû Totoro said:
How did they manage to play Singstar PS3 ? This game is always pushed back.
At least 9 is impressive...for an HD karaoke game :D
Other scores seem fair to me.

I think it's still September 24, isn't it?

Day one purchase for me.

pswii60 said:
Pretty sure the first Singstar got 9/10. But they love this one - call it the 'iTunes of singing'. The only thing potentially stopping the success of this game is the price of entry.
That's what appeals to me about SingStar PS3. In fact, I'll not buy another PS2 SingStar now, because I'll be able to pick and choose the songs I want on the PS3 version. I'm hoping they get a massive catalog to choose from.

sableholic said:
How does that make any sense at all? Whichever one you buy it for you still own the game, its still in your game library. I don't understand the reasoning. I have too many shooters on the 360 so I wont buy anymore for them, but I will if it comes on the PS3 ... ??

>.< I give up.

sableholic said:

I for one look forward to seeing how this plays out for him.

Did the Stranglehold review factor in Hard Boiled's inclusion? That should be a fun log for the Review Warz fireplace.

sableholic said:

It makes no sense. Your console doesn't care what games you have, and your shooters don't care where they are played.

pswii60

steverulez said:
I have too many shooters on 360.
If I was to get Stranglehold, i'd buy it on PS3, but I don't want the PS3 one to be inferior to the 360 version...

You, my fellow GAF believer, are very odd.

BenjaminBirdie said:
I for one look forward to seeing how this plays out for him.

Did the Stranglehold review factor in Hard Boiled's inclusion? That should be a fun log for the Review Warz fireplace.

No it didn't, and of course that is special edition only. But I'm not even sure if Hard Boiled is included here in the UK.

Haunted One said:
Woah. Lair and Heavenly Sword are so yesterday's summer draught hype.

It's all about Wowhawk and Singstar now. GAF was fooled again (except for the Wowhawk beta testers.)
True, I wasn't tricked into buying WarHawk like most of the beta testers. WTF do I seriously have to go out and buy Dynasty warriors Gundam to have a new game. Every single ps3 game I want is getting shite reviews, and I don't know if I'm still willing to drop 60 bucks for them new. Doesn't help that some of there are games they've been waving around since before the ps3 came out : (.
I still think WowHawk kind of sucked, but I'm even more inclined to buy it now if nothing else good is coming until R&C

ram

magazines already got their ps3 review copys of singstar - but i doubt they reviewed anything final of stuntman ignition ps3 :lol

pswii60

sionyboy said:
What was the general summary of HS pswii60? Any mention of how long the game is?

Length wasn't actually the real problem. The general summary is that it is more of a film than a game, and that they simply didn't focus enough on gameplay, eg you do pointless catapulting tasks within rediculous time limits for no reason as they add nothing to the game.

pswii60 said:
No it didn't, and of course that is special edition only. But I'm not even sure if Hard Boiled is included here in the UK.

Ohhh UK OPM.

Interesting. I liked the demo okay but it seemed a little rough around the edges.

traveler

Not Wario
An 8 is exactly what I would have given the Stranglehold demo. Really fun. Might just be able to rent it. (Had they released it during the summer or delayed until next year it would have been a buy.)

Top Bottom