• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Official Pokemon Ultra Sun/Moon Trailer

sinonobu

Banned
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bucxOT8zudk

In Pokémon Ultra Sun and Pokémon Ultra Moon, you can explore the various worlds that lie through these Ultra Wormholes. Within an Ultra Wormhole, there are countless warp holes that lead to different worlds. Try exploring different worlds by passing through these warp holes! You can even go to the home worlds of the mysterious Ultra Beasts!

Arrive at Ultra Megalopolis

By traveling through an Ultra Wormhole, you can reach Ultra Megalopolis—a world that has had its light stolen by Necrozma. Within this world, wrapped in darkness, a mysterious tower-like building shines with brilliant light. What could possibly wait atop it?

The Ultra Recon Squad!

The Ultra Recon Squad is a mysterious group that has come from a world that lies beyond an Ultra Wormhole. For what purpose have they come to the Alola region?

Players will see the story told from somewhat different perspectives in each version, with Dulse and Zossie playing a central role in Pokémon Ultra Sun and Soliera and Phyco taking that role in Pokémon Ultra Moon.

The Ultra Recon Squad Brings UB Adhesive

The Ultra Recon Squad brings with them an Ultra Beast never before seen. It is known by the code name UB Adhesive. Ultra Beasts possess mighty powers and could pose a threat to humans and Pokémon, so they are feared.

Dragoshi1

Running from UBs on their turf sounds awesome.

And that new UB is cute, first one more Pokemon-like than Ultra Beast.

MicH

UB Adhesive is my favorite design of the new UBs.

Finally getting a bit excited about these games, the new ultra space stuff looks amazing!

A much better showing to convince people there is a reason to buy these versions. I am leaning more towards buying. They just gotta show stuff like Gen 2-6 Alolan forms and Im sold on another Alola adventure.

Ah so are those new characters are Aether employees after all. Cool.

Fighting the UBs on their own areas versus the dumb roaming quests in SuMo is already a huge upgrade. Glad they're addressing some of the original game's flaws like this.

So, story mode's going to differ greatly, or will it be mostly like Pokemon Platinum or Emerald? I haven't seen too much about the post-game yet to be convinced to purchase Ultra

SeppOCE

Unless this game did something crazy and let us venture into an old region I still think I’ll sit this series out until the Switch which is weird for me because I havent missed a release before.

Joqu

I knew there was going to be enough new content for me to be pleased. They've just been shit at showing it off.

I loooove that new UB. <3

Neoxon

Good to see some more substantial content.

Though that concept art we saw in the trailer kinda makes me sad that they weren't able to get Pokémon walking alongside you to work on the 3DS. Maybe it can happen in Gen 8 on the Switch.

GoldStarz

Sad the released UBS aren't Fire/Fairy and Ghost/Steel like predicted. The Wall UB is gonna be straight trash with a 4x weakness to fighting tho

For the record, that is the only point of disappointment in an otherwise hype trailer

I'm sure there are posts like mine that pop in from time to time, but these modern Pokemon games look so unappealing and confusing.

I'm not complaining about modern Pokemon creature designs, but from a game design perspective, these games don't look very accessible to someone who hasn't played Pokemon in 10+ years and look to share little of what made R/B/G/S/G/C so much fun (for me.)

Wormholes?? lol.

lotufo

Neo Member
UB Adhesive is pretty cute. By far my favorite UB design so far.

It looks like it could have been designed as a 100-base -in-every-stat fairy like Mew and Jirachi.

Blue Jay

Neo Member
Rock/Steel is such a lame typing (hello double weakness to fighting and ground), but I like fire/ghost typing for the other ultra beast.

GoldStarz

I'm sure there are posts like mine that pop in from time to time, but these modern Pokemon games look so unappealing and confusing.

I'm not complaining about modern Pokemon creature designs, but from a game design perspective, these games don't look very accessible to someone who hasn't played Pokemon in 10+ years and look to share little of what made R/B/G/S/G/C so much fun (for me.)

Wormholes?? lol.
They do and they always add nothing to the conversation and are unnecessarily irritating.

Please go continue "not playing Pokemon" with people who think you have something to add.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Finally some enticing stuff.

That OST, too. Awesome.

Wormholes?? lol.

They're the most accessible they've ever been. This trailer isn't for you.

Joqu

O76Tr0U.jpg

cuuuute

Finally something appealing

I kinda like the new ultra beasts except assembly and the new town looks cool, but there is still a long way to go from being hyped

So are they going to update the National Dex for the first time in the series' history, to inject Pokemon into a place there weren't before, or are these new Pokemon just going to be tossed in after Marshadow?

I know we don't actually have an answer right now, but it's just something to think about, I guess.

Toxi

Banned
UB Adhesive is pretty cute. By far my favorite UB design so far.

It looks like it could have been designed as a 100-base -in-every-stat fairy like Mew and Jirachi.
Since it's an Ultra Beast, expect prime number base stats.

Top Bottom