• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Official Pokemon Ultra Sun/Moon Trailer

They sold me on single player already, but we have to do better than Festival Plaza.

Unless this game did something crazy and let us venture into an old region I still think I’ll sit this series out until the Switch which is weird for me because I havent missed a release before.

How is going to a region you've already been to before "crazier" than letting you go to Ultra Space?

Oswen

Well I think we can give up on new Alola forms, a shame.

New UBs are nice and I like the new additions to the story, I guess I'm 100% sold on the game now.

kigbariom

Neo Member
I honestly can't consider buying another Pokemon game until the AI isn't just flipping a coin on what move to use. I skipped Sun and Moon for the same reason, has anyone noticed any improvement at all?

ash_ag

I wonder how Game Freak will handle Black/White and Black/White 2 then it comes for Unova to receive the remake treatment?

Rerelease of BW/B2W2 on Virtual Console or its equivalent service at the time, and B3W3 as a new sequel. Gotta introduce the original dragon finally. :p

I like the new UB but what is the true mystery behind Necrozma?

Banner.jpg

I still theorize that it is the thing in the middle since it stole all the light.

Razmos

Adhesive could straight up be a Gen 1 design, I love it. Not as strange as the other ultra beasts.

Im slightly disappointed in the types of the 3 revealed though. I was expecting something more interesting like how Nihilego was rock/poison.
Fire/Fairy would have been perfect for Burst and Rock/Ghost for Assembly.

I wonder if Adhesive will evolve?

If you'd asked me prior to any reveals what I thought would be more likely, new UBs or new Alolan formes, I'd have said Alolan formes hands down. Adhesive is probably the most interesting UB yet because it's the most 'Pokemon' like of the bunch. The fact that we've seen it used by trainers and it being the only single type UB (expect Cosmog, Cosmoem and Necrozma) makes me wonder if it could perhaps be part of an evolution line?

I also seem to remember there being some 'evidence' that there were only going to be two new UBs a week or so ago, so I'm glad that's been proven incorrect.

Xurkitree is also monotyped, it's pure Electric.

Even though it should've been Electric/Grass

Keyouta

Looks like quite a few nice changes from Sun and Moon. I'm still hesitant on buying these though, as there's so many other games coming out, plus my backlog. I kind of wish GF would work to flesh out the first games in the generation so that an enhanced version isn't really needed. But I suppose Gen 6 was that, and it always felt incomplete to me.

I do like the exploring different universes though, I kind of hope that will be continued into Switch's mainline titles.

I like the design of UB Adhesive.

spad3

DLYEiJxXcAAYZNZ.jpg

someone spilled some Portal in my Pokemon.

And i'm totally OK with it.

Aside from new locations, this pair of games is doing a bunch of new stuff for the mid-gen games:

New Pokemon
New Attacks
New Traversal methods
New Story
New Non-Battle Mechanics (Photo Mode)
Multiple locations outside of immediate region (the last set of games to do this were FR/LG with the Sevii Islands and HG/SS with Kanto)

Can't wait!

I knew they'd hook you in :p
I mean, I was never not going to buy it, let’s be reasonable. XD

Most of the game looks distinctly underwhelming, but it does at least look like a Platinum-level upgrade now rather than the utter rehash they’ve spent the past few months selling it as.

JoeM86

I mean, I was never not going to buy it, let’s be reasonable. XD

Most of the game looks distinctly underwhelming, but it does at least look like a Platinum-level upgrade now rather than the utter rehash they’ve spent the past few months selling it as.

This is way beyond Platinum level. We were at Platinum level before

Zyrox

Man I wish you could ride the legendaries outside of the Ultra Space. I wanna soar through the night skies on my giant moon bat.

No they haven't. Every single non-Mythical Pokémon is obtainable in Gen 3, 4, 5 and 6 without the need to transfer from older games. If not all 805 species (bar Mythicals) aren't available between SM, USUM and the generation's distribution events/spin-offs, it'll be a first.
I'm talking about the Pokedex.

ash_ag

I'm talking about the Pokedex.

Those generations included all Pokémon, not a subset of them. My point is that the lack of national Dex in SM may be due to the fact that not all species will be obtainable between SM and USUM. This is just speculation, of course. Perhaps the USUM post-game will include more species, or maybe the national Pokédex will be included regardless, on basis of ease of transfer from Gen 6 and GTS trades.

Xerosic is just pale, it's not the same color.

Could be a coincidence, but he certainly has a blue tint in him.

Bubble

Neo Member
I’ll have to disagree until we see a Platinum-tier battle facility.

Yup. Give me a Battle Frontier and then maybe we can talk. After all these years, Platinum is still the GOAT Pokemon game. I honestly don't think any Pokemon game can ever dethrone it.

Shinypogs

This looks exciting and I might actually buy this provided I don't need to have bought sun or moon first to understand wtf is going on. I have feelings about that mustache on the one generic evil team dude.

Mr-Joker

Banned
My guess is that the Ultra Recon Squad are trying to capture Cosmog to bring back the light in their world.

Its still funny how "Dr. Eggman" here ended up being the most developed Flare member, for what that's worth.

Urgh tell me about, they create some cool and interesting characters only to waste them completely.

So much potential squandered.

Could be a coincidence, but he certainly has a blue tint in him.

Xerosic, seems like the guy who is pale because he spends most of his time indoor conducting science experiments.

What if Lysandre is actually in Ultra Space.

Last I heard he's in dimension Z.

Oh man that pissed me off so much and fueled my frustration at gen 6.

I never want another gen 6 happen again as it was pretty rough for me.

This looks exciting and I might actually buy this provided I don't need to have bought sun or moon first to understand wtf is going on. I have feelings about that mustache on the one generic evil team dude.

Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon are enhanced versions of Sun and Moon like Platinum was for Diamond and Pearl, and Emerald was for Ruby and Sapphire.

You should be able to play it without going through Sun or Moon.

So are the Recon Squad not humans then? Since they come from another world?

I really like the running through portals concept thing, I wonder if there's a specific thing you can go through or if it allows you to free roam a bit. It'd be awesome to be able to travel around Alola that way very quickly or to jump to areas that aren't regularly accessible.

I still find it hilarious how HeartGold and SoulSilver got a Battle Frontier while Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire didn't (even if it was recycled from Platinum).

MicH

So are the Recon Squad not humans then? Since they come from another world?

I really like the running through portals concept thing, I wonder if there's a specific thing you can go through or if it allows you to free roam a bit. It'd be awesome to be able to travel around Alola that way very quickly or to jump to areas that aren't regularly accessible.
They're humans from another dimension, I think, like how UBs are Pokemon from another dimension

Top Bottom