• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Official Pokemon Ultra Sun/Moon Trailer

I wonder if they'll be wild Pokemon living in the Ultra Spaces?

I mean, I know it's alternate dimensions, but maybe some random Pokemon got sucked in and now live there? It'd be cool if there's a lot of high-level, full-evolved Pokemon hanging around.

It seems there's humans in them, because I'm pretty sure that one area from one of the old trailers that looked like a Japanese-style forest was Karatana's Ultra Space, and you can make out what look to be rice paddy farmers.

I really want them to retroactively make old Pokemon Ultra Beasts.

RockmanBN

Reminder:
"Q:Why wasn't the Battle Frontier in the remakes?

A:This question is connected with my previous answer. We didn't put the BF in ORAS for this very reason. Interviewer's note: In short he means that they didn't include the BF because only a very small part of the players would have fully appreciated and made use of this feature; nowadays players get bored and frustrated more easily and they aren't interested in things that are so demanding/challenging."
Should give an option to get the rewards and skip it.

Looks exciting. Still, expect about 70% of the game to be the same, because why not. And while those new Ultra Beast worlds look cool, I'm also expecting it to just be a small corridor since the developers seem to have lost their sense of adventure recently.
And lol at how they cropped the HP bar for UB Adhesive in battle to keep the name a secret. Keep it mysterious.

Reminder:
"Q:Why wasn't the Battle Frontier in the remakes?

A:This question is connected with my previous answer. We didn't put the BF in ORAS for this very reason. Interviewer's note: In short he means that they didn't include the BF because only a very small part of the players would have fully appreciated and made use of this feature; nowadays players get bored and frustrated more easily and they aren't interested in things that are so demanding/challenging."
I'm almost positive that the non-stop cutscenes turned more people off of S/M than any perceived difficulty in the Pokemon series. Also a feature such as Battle Frontier would attract more people to the game and those who don't like it can easily avoid it.

PS_GUY

Ok, so this is the first trailer that has got me excited in these games....almost to the point where I might consider picking up a copy. I'm very pleased to see that they revealed a new UB as well. This makes me hopeful that there will be other new UBs. What depresses me is that there's no indication of brand new Pokemon or Alolan forms.

We know UBs are real Pokemon because they have their own Pokedex entry so why not throw in a dozen or two brand new Pokemon? I was really disappointed when I found out that Alola's regional Pokdex was small like Kalos' Pokdex.

I hope the last trailer will reveal a couple new Pokemon. If they're fossil Pokemon then that's a first day purchase for me.

JoeM86

Ok, so this is the first trailer that has got me excited in these games....almost to the point where I might consider picking up a copy. I'm very pleased to see that they revealed a new UB as well. This makes me hopeful that there will be other new UBs. What depresses me is that there's no indication of brand new Pokemon or Alolan forms.

We know UBs are real Pokemon because they have their own Pokedex entry so why not throw in a dozen or two brand new Pokemon? I was really disappointed when I found out that Alola's regional Pokdex was small like Kalos' Pokdex.

I hope the last trailer will reveal a couple new Pokemon. If they're fossil Pokemon then that's a first day purchase for me.

This isn't a new generation so I don't think they'd add a lot more new Pokémon overall.

Not sure why a lack of new Pokémon would depress or be used against it. This is the first game ever to add new Pokémon outside of a new generation as it is.

This isn't a new generation so I don't think they'd add a lot more new Pokémon overall.

Not sure why a lack of new Pokémon would depress or be used against it. This is the first game ever to add new Pokémon outside of a new generation as it is.

I think a handful new regional variants would have been appreciated considering:

- there weren’t an awful lot of them to begin with

- it’s a brilliant and well received way to include new monsters without completely new designs

- I’m pretty sure they have some unused concepts for some that they could have included

I guess it’s not a sure thing that there won’t be any, but I think it’s a pretty huge missed opportunity if so.

JoeM86

I think a handful new regional variants would have been appreciated considering:

- there weren’t an awful lot of them to begin with

- it’s a brilliant and well received way to include new monsters without completely new designs

- I’m pretty sure they have some unused concepts for some that they could have included

I guess it’s not a sure thing that there won’t be any, but I think it’s a pretty huge missed opportunity if so.
I agree that new Alola Forms would have been great. Fingers crossed

I don't see them adding more than a handful more Ultra Beasts and maybe (but hopefully not!) a new Mythical Pokémon, honestly.

this game looks like it has the most content of any of the third versions and people are still saying they aren't hyped

I mean if you aren't you aren't but what were you expecting? this isn't an entirely new game

I'm not even remotely willing to concede this until I hear about big, meaningful postgame content. These additions are nice, but there's nothing with a fraction of the replay value that Emerald and Platinum's Battle Frontiers offered.

I also think that you might be jumping to conclusions about how much extra content the Ultra Space stuff represents. Ultra Megalopolis and the Ultra Beasts' lairs look cool and interesting, but I'm concerned that they all look like fancy linear corridors right now.

AzureFlame

Art
8TWLBUP.jpg

Reality
5IenOl9.jpg

Aleh

Art
8TWLBUP.jpg

Reality
5IenOl9.jpg
Heh it’s still a 3DS after all. It’s already impressive the graphics are this nice despite what some people say. Next gen on Switch will really allow them to get closer to the concept art finally which has always been pretty awesome

ankle-rocker

Neo Member
Pokemon games have always been a very personal experience. Every player owns their own copy of the game that they play on their own GB/DS/3DS. So I have to assume that if Pokemon makes the jump to the Switch, I'd personally be in a situation where I need 3 Switch units for my household. Really makes you think about console lifespan.

Razmos

I definitely think we are getting at least one new mythical Pokemon. Marshadow has just been released towards the end of Sun and Moon leading into the Ultra games. So both of the Gen 7 mythicals have been released now. There has to be more for the new games.

Mr-Joker

Banned
Can you rename Ultra Beasts? I want to pretend Adhesive is a real Pokemon.

Why pretend when UB Adhesive and the other Ultra Beast are straight up real Pokémon both within the game lore and by the fandom.

What exactly is it about the Ultra Beast that make them not a "real" Pokémon in your eyes?

As for your question, yes you can give Ultra Beast nickname like one could do with any Pokémon.

sucks that people can't appreciate world turtle

Heck yeah!! Torterra is the best.

638281591cb9ce82b4b6e9a7ca6f90ef92240ad5_hq.gif

Mr-Joker

Banned
for clarity; UBs are basically just pokemon from other worlds?

Yep pretty much, they live in a hostile environment and as a result they are much stronger than regular Pokémon with their strength rivaling legendary but unlike legendary they aren't rare and pretty much like common Pokémon.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Sun and Moon looks so much better than X/Y and ORAS its hard to believe they are on the same system some times.

Top Bottom