• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Official TLOU2 Video - "Inside The Gameplay | PS4" (PLEASE DON'T POST SPOILERS)

pLow7

Really? I'm also tired, I'm not getting the game, sometimes laugh at the memes and mostly just do jokes. I do like to complain a bit when I see some BS puff video, but what I find extremely weird is that there is always the same group of people rushing to every single TLOU2 thread and try to control the narrative.

I honestly wonder if they are paid by Sony or some sjw activists, it's so weird and creepy.

Why the fuck do you go into every TLOU2 thread if you decided you won't buy the game? Seems like a really stupid waste of time.

cormack12

Gold Member
Are you really capable of waiting 4/6 months?

I don’t think I am. I wish I could because the experience would be even better, but I want it now...

I was hoping Minecraft dungeons would fill a gap but the campaign is only three hours and then its end game grinding :/

Also there's no guarantee it will be available at launch so it's doubtful but I'm gonna at least wait until Sunday and see what impressions are like. I really like some of what I see, then others it's kind of well I've got a backlog, is it really worth dropping full RRP?

TheBoss1

Are you really capable of waiting 4/6 months?

I don’t think I am. I wish I could because the experience would be even better, but I want it now...
Not the poster you replied to but this is exactly what I did with part I. I have no clue what the PS3 version looks like outside the early trailers. I'm hoping for a similar experience on PS5.

hyperbertha

Your loss. Missing out on the GOTG and quite possibly the most finely crafted, well polished and impactful game of all time, because of some stupid ass belief. lol
Nah Cyberpunk will be better. Wokeness ruins the narrative in games and in a game mainly about narrative, its not looking good, no matter how polished it is. Uncharted games are polished too but I consider most of them trash tier.

THEAP99

Banned
Starting to get annoyed that we haven’t heard anything about when the review embargo lifts and early review copies being sent out..

MDSLKTR

Actually MGSV did this and that was almost 5 years ago. Still the smoothest gameplay of a 3rd person game ever.

And the animation is so mint.

5urf.gif

Strategize

Great animations. I just hope that bottles and bricks don't turn out to be too op like in the first game.
They still look pretty OP to be honest, all it takes is stunning them and one melee attack still. I wish they removed the autoaim so you have to throw manually or use them as melee weapons.
SleepyShamelessLemur-size_restricted.gif

Last edited:

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
I'm really thinking of holding off and waiting until PS5 with the virtual sound complements this

Don't do it, mate. You're likely going to be playing this more than once anyway because of the way it's set up with locations you can overlook and the upgrade system. Experience it with everyone else! That's part of the fun.

Last edited:

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
Really? Because I just can't take this game seriously. it's a very realistic world in terms of graphics and presentation and yet here we have a what? 45 kg girl physically overpowering men twice her size. I just can't take it seriously, and of course, we all know about the wonders of the new story in the spoilers, so, from a story point of view, I'm out as well.

But it's ok, the super duper woke people will enjoy the little androgynous lesbian grasshopper jumping around going "boing boing" while taking down those evil white men. ;)
She uses stealth and the element of surprise. Plus a whole bunch of crafty weaponry. End of the day though, its still a video game, no matter how realistic it is. Theres tons of movies in Hollywood where the same "issue" is prevalent. Cant comment on the story side, not reading spoilers. But if its truly this divisive then to me that screams a good thing. Not the typical, boring, play it safe nonsense. ND took a risk it seems.

Bet you never complained about Tomb raider, or Bayonetta, or the ability to play as a woman in Ass Creed, and COD, and BF, and Mass Effect... Just the ND game 🙄

Last edited:

Keihart

Really? Because I just can't take this game seriously. it's a very realistic world in terms of graphics and presentation and yet here we have a what? 45 kg girl physically overpowering men twice her size. I just can't take it seriously, and of course, we all know about the wonders of the new story in the spoilers, so, from a story point of view, I'm out as well.

But it's ok, the super duper woke people will enjoy the little androgynous lesbian grasshopper jumping around going "boing boing" while taking down those evil white men. ;)
I bet even a midget can fuck you up with shiv and enough rage in his veins.

• LOL
Reactions: Isa

Keihart

They still look pretty OP to be honest, all it takes is stunning them and one melee attack still. I wish they removed the autoaim so you have to throw manually or use them as melee weapons.
SleepyShamelessLemur-size_restricted.gif
You can always use them as melee, you can also manually aim them, the auto aim is there for rushing. Didn't you play the first one?
Removing the autoaim would only make the action slower or more cumbersome than needed, there is no skill in aiming a throw with a big fucking crossair/line.

Strategize

You...you didn't even watch the video did you?
You can always use them as melee, you can also manually aim them, the auto aim is there for rushing. Didn't you play the first one?
Removing the autoaim would only make the action slower or more cumbersome than needed, there is no skill in aiming a throw with a big fucking crossair/line.
The auto-aim is what makes it OP, and more useful than a gun even, since they don't waste resources and they're all over the place.

And yes, their is skill, at least more skill than auto-aim.

Last edited:

THEAP99

Banned

I do wonder about how Joel ate maybe one time in the whole campaign of the first game, and was
impaled with a metal rod through his back
, but still managed to survive and power through 10s of 20s of people afterwards.

realism in games only matters when it’s a game that goes against my personal bias, right?

Strategize

Also it's way too easy to control encounters because the distraction sound radius being too big aswell. Don't get me wrong, I like the gameplay overall, but the bricks and bottles are indeed OP as fuck in multiple ways.

Keihart

Also it's way too easy to control encounters because the distraction sound radius being too big aswell. Don't get me wrong, I like the gameplay overall, but the bricks and bottles are indeed OP as fuck in multiple ways.
Their are in way unique to the gameplay in how they are used, making them more scarce would be better i think or even making them more inconvenient to keep on your inventory. They are great as an improvisation tool, which is why i think that requiring aiming them isn't a real solution without stripping the mechanic of it's purpose.

Strategize

Their are in way unique to the gameplay in how they are used, making them more scarce would be better i think or even making them more inconvenient to keep on your inventory. They are great as an improvisation tool, which is why i think that requiring aiming them isn't a real solution without stripping the mechanic of it's purpose.
I think there are many ways to make them more balanced and add greater depth to the gameplay, without making them more scarce.

1) Bottle noise radius should be twice as big as the brick. I believe there is a slight difference in the first one, but it's not that noticeable. Brick should need to be pretty close to distract.

2) But the brick should stun enemies for longer if you hit them, and can kill people in 3 hits with melee.

3) Removing auto-aim only adds more depth. Hitting them in the chest or above stuns them for longer than below for example.
It also ties into the new dodging so you'd be thinking... A) Do I risk throwing it and missing? A) Do I try and dodge to get in closer for the guaranteed melee stun?

4) This one may be difficult to implement, but if you throw something past the vision cone of an human A.I, they should look at where it came from, not where it lands.

Those are just a few ideas to add depth, because as it stands the only depth here is distract or stun? And being able to melee kill clickers with the brick and not the bottle, which means the brick is objectively better.

Last edited:

Keihart

I think there are many ways to make them more balanced and add greater depth to the gameplay, without making them more scarce.

1) Bottle noise radius should be twice as big as the brick. I believe there is a slight difference in the first one, but it's not that noticeable. Brick should need to be pretty close to distract.

2) But the brick should stun enemies for longer if you hit them, and can kill people in 3 hits with melee.

3) Removing auto-aim only adds more depth. Hitting them in the chest or above stuns them for longer than below for example.
It also ties into the new dodging so you'd be thinking... A) Do I risk throwing it and missing? A) Do I try and dodge to get in closer for the guaranteed melee stun?

4) This one may be difficult to implement, but if you throw something past the vision cone of an human A.I, they should look at where it came from, not where it lands.

Those are just a few ideas to add depth, because as it stands the only depth here is distract or stun? And being able to melee kill clickers with the brick and not the bottle, which means the brick is objectively better.
without autoaim you could not run, grab and throw stuff wich is big part of why is there

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
OMG! I just spotted something that I don't think anyone has mentioned yet. I've watched this about 6 times now and it suddenly struck me, so please forgive me if I'm slow on this LOL. The infected have evolved into something more sentient! If you take a look at the stalker at around the 7 minute mark, you'll see it waits to ambush Ellie ... but that's NOT the WTF moment. Take a look at what it has slung over its shoulder. It has a frickin' bow! They can use weapons folks. :) The stalker comes after the runner stage and there's no way these infected would have something like that still hung around their shoulders after months of evolving. It would have been dislodged or broken.

Last edited:

Geki-D

Banned
OMG! I just spotted something that I don't think anyone has mentioned yet. I've watched this about 6 times now and it suddenly struck me, so please forgive me if I'm slow on this LOL. The infected have evolved into something more sentient! If you take a look at the stalker at around the 7 minute mark, you'll see it waits to ambush Ellie ... but that's NOT the WTF moment. Take a look at what it has slung over its shoulder. It has a frickin' bow! They can use weapons folks. :) The stalker comes after the runner stage and there's no way these infected would have something like that still hung around their shoulders after months of evolving. It would have been dislodged or broken.
...There are no stalkers in this video.

I don't know if I have ever been this conflicted over a video game. Loved the first game, but aside from the visuals and gameplay, This game is also sending up red flags for me. and before someone starts their bull, no it's not because Ellie is gay and what's their name might be a trans. It's the leaks, and Neil Druckman himself that makes me want to projectile vomit. Druckman sounds like an idiot, but that does not mean I can't enjoy some of his games.

Same thing with Patrick Rothfuss, who has his head up his ass and thinks it smells good. I'll still read Doors of Stone if it ever releases in my lifetime, but Rothfuss can go screw himself.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
...So you see a bow on the back of a stalker and assume it can actually use it? This is like seeing the riot gear zombies in the Walking Dead and assuming walkers can put on armour :pie_eyeroll:

Not just that, no. This is a stalker and stalkers are the next infected after the runners. It takes time to evolve to that point and it would surely mean that bow would have been dislodged or broken during all the clambering, attacking and stalking it would have been doing before it encountered Ellie. I might be wrong but of course.

i can't wait to play this game, i think this game will get +95 Metacritic

Yeah, but is that really that impressive? I mean, it could do it all on it's name alone at this point. Like how Final Fantasy still sells like hotcakes, despite not being as good as it used to be.

The game looks good, but most of the stuff in OP's video are things that characters have been able to do in gaming already for years. Going Prone and Crawling has heen in the Metal Gear series since what, the 80's? At the very least since 1998. Hiding in grass was fun for a little while in Horizon Zero Dawn, but then got old pretty fast.

Last edited:

sobaka770

Banned
The game looks fantastic to be honest. They seemed to take what made LoU gamplay great: grit, realism, brutality and deepen things like stealth and crafting. I hope Ellie learned how to swim well and won't carry many ladders though!

I don't know how different the fighting will be with Ellie dodging vs Joel butally smashing bricks into zombies but those animations!

Lloyd22

Yeah, but is that really that impressive? I mean, it could do it all on it's name alone at this point. Like how Final Fantasy still sells like hotcakes, despite not being as good as it used to be.

The game looks good, but most of the stuff in OP's video are things that characters have been able to do in gaming already for years. Going Prone and Crawling has heen in the Metal Gear series since what, the 80's? At the very least since 1998. Hiding in grass was fun for a little while in Horizon Zero Dawn, but then got old pretty fast.
True, these mechanics were already in metal gear, throue out all the games i played, only metal has these michanics, but we don't see it in alot of games, prone and crawling works in games that give you the freedom to go stealth or go all out, like the tlou, this will make the gameplay so much better.

And the animation is so mint.

5urf.gif

For myself, the problem I had with that game was that while it was great visually and gameplay wise, the story was one I did not enjoy at all. Anything that I can say about that though has already been posted on the internet ad nauseum, so no point in me listing it all off again.

Woggleman

Besides being a leftist I don't see why people hate Neil Druckmann. From every interview he actually seems like a nice guy.

This game is not reinventing the wheel but in my view it seems like a very high quality and enjoyable wheel just like the first one.

Besides being a leftist I don't see why people hate Neil Druckmann. From every interview he actually seems like a nice guy.

This game is not reinventing the wheel but in my view it seems like a very high quality and enjoyable wheel just like the first one.

I mean, It's not even that he's a leftist, so much as he comes off as an annoying and pretentious asshole about it.
This does not mean that I think all leftists are morons like he is, same as not all rightists are assholes also.

yeeeeeezy

Banned
This is not true. That bow was placed on that enemy for Ellie to pick up and use. Infected will not be using weapons.

yeeeeeezy

Banned

The AI will be the separating factor here. Let’s hope ND can pull off what they have hyped.

Top Bottom