• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New OoT 3D ad w/ Robin Williams (Up: Zelda Williams on waterfowl marriage/neoGAF)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sadist

SeanR1221 said:
Oh geez.

Here, I'll spell it out for you. To me, it is creepy for an adult to name a child based off of a video game. It is even creepier because it's an odd name. It also led to her being made fun of, but that doesn't change my original point that, TO ME, it is creepy for an adult to name a child off of a video game.

Makes sense now, right? :) ok, good.
I've heard far, far more worse names than Zelda.

Come to Holland. We have parents who call their kids Vlinder, Beer or Lente. Let me translate that for you: some children are called Butterfly, Bear or Spring. That's freaking creapy. Naming your kid after a videogame character sounds like a better deal to me.

SeanR1221 said:
Oh geez.

Here, I'll spell it out for you. To me, it is creepy for an adult to name a child based off of a video game. It is even creepier because it's an odd name. It also led to her being made fun of, but that doesn't change my original point that, TO ME, it is creepy for an adult to name a child off of a video game.

Again, Zelda isn't as odd of a name as you think. It existed before, and will exist after, the games. I mean it could be worse, she could be named Moon Unit.

wrowa

I really hope they are going to show the commercial in other countries too. It's really lovely. Better than the commercial they are airing right now in Europe (and, yeah, leagues better than that bland CGI spot that's being shown in the US).

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
The Broken Ska Record said:
Again, Zelda isn't as odd of a name as you think. It existed before, and will exist after, the games. I mean it could be worse, she could be named Moon Unit.

Imagine if someone calls their child Sephiroth. Or Cloud. Or Squall.

pulga said:
I love Zelda, she's a total geek <3 from her twitter:

“@zeldawilliams: First thoughts on Xmen First Class: exactly WHICH first class is this?! Angel was part of the NEW school & Havoc is older than cyclops now?”

“@zeldawilliams: They could've at least chosen fun mutants if they were gonna mess with the canon like that. How about the Cable or Scarlett Witch? #XmenFail”

“@zeldawilliams: And totally meant 'Cable' and 'the Scarlett Witch'. #ZeldaFail”

*swoon*
I think I'm in love.

Zabka

SeanR1221 said:
Oh geez.

Your strange hangups about where her name comes from is pretty creepy.

Chavelo

Meh, ignore the troll junior. When there's a defense force for everything in this forum, there's also a hate/"Don't you find it kinda creepy" force for everything, too. :p

EDIT:
SeanR1221 said:
Never mind, I give up.

:3

Ontopic: Those tweets! She's got some nerd cred now... :D

ampere

Haha, I saw her talking about being named after Zelda at E3. I had no idea she was Robin Williams' kid though.

Makes me want the remake, but 3DS is too pricey

mooooose

This is the EURO commercial? WHAT THE FUCK. NOA'S COMMERCIAL SUCKS.

Uh, hey NOA? Remember when you made all those commercials featuring celebrities and got people to buy games like Rhythm Heaven?! FUCKING RHYTHM HEAVEN SOLD 150K IN ITS FIRST MONTH AND A HALF BASED ON BEYONCE COMMERCIALS.

Celebrities can sell shit, so why make a shitty CG commercial that looks straight out of 1997? Nostalgia? It's horrible. So bad. Their marketing should be people giving impressions on how great the game looks in 3D, and saying some shit like "Seeing is believing" and airing classy commercials like this one.

Fuck NOA. I hope all the shit bombs in US and Reggie leaves. Since he came into power as President he's decided to not localize half of Nintendo's output, apparently hire a really shitty marketing team, and more.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
The Broken Ska Record said:
Cloud and Squall aren't that odd of a name. And honestly, if I ever had a daughter, I'd probably name her Sakura. *shrug*

I'm hoping you are Japanese or at least live in Japan.

MYE

Grand+Opening+G+Flagship+Boutique+XxxUquKF1DAl.jpg

hmmm

Dragon

Banned
SeanR1221 said:
Oh geez.

I don't really follow the logic here at all. People are named after all kinds of things. Not sure why video games are being singled out.

ampere

SeanR1221 said:
She briefly mentions she was made fun of in school. I just feel it's creepy to do that to a child.
Name your daughter Victoria. Normal name, right?

People WILL make Victoria's Secret jokes. There's no reason to try to anticipate middle school bullying and make the most innocuous name, kids are straight ruthless at those ages.

wrowa

Regulus Tera said:
I'm hoping you are Japanese or at least live in Japan.
Naming one's child Sakura as someone who isn't Japanese is rather awkward, but honestly nothing's worse than all of those run-of-the-mill names every second child has.

Chinner

Banned
sending her a letter now, hopefully she will marry me!

Dear Zelda,

I am a lonely internet male and I have just recently learned of your existence in a Zelda Commercial! Lol! After stalking your twitter account, I have come to the conclusion that you would make an excellent waifu.

Obviously I'm sure you get many Links (Lol!!!!) that try to tri-force your heart (lmao!). What makes me different? Well I'm a 22 year old male and these are the things I have accomplished with my life so far:

From

Chinner.

AniHawk

13 years later and objectively the best oot commercial because of robin williams. this contest is over, give that man the ten thousand dollars.

stilgar

Chinner said:
sending her a letter now, hopefully she will marry me!

You forgot to mention you're a duck. Given the monstruosity link has done with fowls before, the pity factor could be strong.

Vlad said:
Actually, his children were Nathaniel and Superfly. The mother was Zelda :)

Sad that I know that instantly from memory.
Right, because the song "Albuquerque" is an accurate biography of Weird Al's life...
The_Technomancer said:
Co-worker with a daughter named Areith dude. This is nothing.
Lol, I know someone who named her kid "Aeris"... it was with an "s" though (not sure whether that makes it more or less geeky)

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
SeanR1221 said:
Ok. You don't get it.

Right. Doesn't matter if you name your kid Ham Sandwich or Evan, they'll be made fun of for their name no matter what!
Okay, we're a bunch of game geeks, but you do realize Zelda was an incredibly popular name in America, right? You may have heard of an author named F. Scott Fitzgerald?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom