• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New OoT 3D ad w/ Robin Williams (Up: Zelda Williams on waterfowl marriage/neoGAF)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teknoman

SeanR1221 said:
She briefly mentions she was made fun of in school. I just feel it's creepy to do that to a child.

Well there are plenty of people in the world named Mario, Luigi, Ken, Ryu, etc. Dunno why she was made fun of since its a pretty normal name. Besides all those names existed way before the game characters.

EDIT: Isnt Link an actual name as well?

Chairhome

crisdecuba said:
So I've been toying with the notion for some time of naming our first daughter Zelda (I've known about Robin Williams doing it for a while now).

My wife is warming up to the name, and I like its meaning (in Old German it means "Dark Battle" and a Finnish counterpart of the name means "Happiness").

And you know, if it's a boy, I wouldn't mind naming them Link. It feels unique but not too weird. :)

EDIT: And now I looked it up and it seems "Link" means "left hand" - NICE! :) (Not in terms of it making it a better name, but rather it's cool because Link is left-handed).
Don't play any Zelda games after Twilight Princess.
He's now Right Handed

I got a picture with Robin Williams at e3 2002 as he was walking quickly through the Nintendo booth with a bunch of convention center employees in suits. "Make it quick kid" is what he said-- he was NOT happy. To be fair I think he was in a rush to get somewhere, but I was star-struck so I had to ask. He has the angriest look on his face in the pic, haha.

jdogmoney

MomoPufflet said:
I got a picture with Robin Williams at e3 2002 as he was walking quickly through the Nintendo booth with a bunch of convention center employees in suits. "Make it quick kid" is what he said-- he was NOT happy. To be fair I think he was in a rush to get somewhere, but I was star-struck so I had to ask. He has the angriest look on his face in the pic, haha.

Postitpostitpostit

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
SlipperySlope said:
Not being aired in the US? Why?

Somebody ask Reggie!
IxKkw.gif

Neo C.

MomoPufflet said:
ZOMG!TORRENTPLEASE!.jpg

RotBot

Robin Williams was also a fan of Half-Life, Warcraft 3, and Battlefield 2 based on various interviews. At least he has good taste, unlike some other celebrities who only play dudebro games.

NSider

MomoPufflet said:
Pics or it didn't happen

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Guerrillas in the Mist said:
I wonder what role he would have filled? I'm assuming it would have been Father Gregori.
He was supposed to voice Gordon Freeman, and they couldn't find a replacement :(

bengraven

It was actually really sweet. Some awkward moments, like "yes...Zelda?". The line about her being magical wasn't that weird to me, because that's how he mentions his family in interviews...also because she's hot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom