• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New order 1886 pre-order trailer (new footage)

Fox_Mulder

Rockefellers. Skull and Bones. Microsoft. Al Qaeda. A Cabal of Bankers. The melting point of steel. What do these things have in common? Wake up sheeple, the landfill wasn't even REAL!
Eurogamer dislikes this video

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Some of the new tidbits looked pretty damn gorgeous as expected. Godspeed to RAD on the launch.

Fuck me it looks good.

The only thing stopping me from pre-ordering is the fact that the Lycan fights look scary. I don't do scary games well.

Those universally positive talking head impressions have convinced me to buy the pre-order for the DLC.

Sony just needed some unprompted and unscripted previews like these to get the game the recognition it deserves.

I hate reaction videos but sony loves them somehow.

I mean are we supposed to take them serious when they are being cherry picked?

Why can't the footage speak for itself, which actually showed a more open area for once and looked great.

Aaaw yiss, lookin good. Saw some climbing and zip lining, thats cool. That doorway being smashed open looked great. I'm hyped.

People here are going to have a field day at the over-the-top player comments.

Lots of interesting footage, though only some like climbing the courtyard fence at night/ziplining seemed entirely new (bulk of it was in the stock footage that leaked a month ago).

Combat looks really good though, and the work yard shootout shows some nice verticality from the enemies.

JayEH

I think I'm actually going to get this sometime within its first week. Game just looks gorgeous and I'm in the mood for a highly cinematic shooter.

DevilFox

YES! Just when in the other topic I said that they need to show a little more.
See? Few new shots of gameplay, locations and weapons, no spoilers and hype goes up. It really is as simple as it sounds, Sony.

Wow, actual game mechanics like unlimited potions are starting to be sold as store exlusive pre-order items?

Or am I misunderstanding something here?

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
nice to finally see some new stuff...

and g'damn does it look good.

Kind of hilarious pre-order bonuses tho... that last one is basically "pre-order to unlock Very Easy mode" isn't it?

ron_bato

Those universally positive talking head impressions have convinced me to buy the pre-order for the DLC.

Sony just needed some unprompted and unscripted previews like these to get the game the recognition it deserves.

lol yeah i don't like these kinds of trailers, with the too much 'get hype because these people say so' type of feel, but at the very least we got some new footage so I'm happy.

Like finally seeing Galahad using the arc rifle was pretty sweet, they cut out the part where people blew up in the end though

Now someone remake the trailer with only the gameplay, keep the music but out the ridiculous reactions.

On the top of the 19th century: the last living person (known) to be born in 18XX just died.

Aaron

'really unique' doesn't make any sense. Unique is a singular quality. You can't quantify it.
Also, this game is werewolves in London. It is really all that unique?

nib95

Banned
Oh just you fucking wait...

56479-Inglorious-Basterds-anticipati-0kPd.gif

Moofers

It sure looks incredible. I am excited to play through it, that's for sure. I'm not planning on buying it right away though. It looks like Gears of War! I love that about it, but what I mean is there's no multiplayer AT ALL. No versus, not even co-op. How you gonna put out a game that looks so much like Gears and not have at least 2P co-op? Expectations are put into place when you wanna jump into an established genre that has it's best games touting those features.

So yeah, unless trusted friends tell me I absolutely gotta have it, I'm waiting for it to hit $30. I don't think it will have the replay value there to make it feel like a $60 game.

Top Bottom