• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New order 1886 pre-order trailer (new footage)

7 to 10 hours standard is totally fine. If a longer game meant dragging things out, running the risk of things getting boring and heavily disrupting the pacing, then I'll take the shorter time. If the game is fun, I'll usually play through it again.

BumRush

Game looks gorgeous. I'm really looking forward to it. I know what the combat will be but I really hope the chatacters and story are above average.

Shredderi

Does the game have deformable soft body physics like originally talked about? They have yet to show that in anything I think.

This is what I'm wondering too. It sounded really fucking cool and some of the media outlets that saw it were really impressed by it. I just would figure that if such an impressive looking thing was still in they would have shown it so that makes me kind of worried. The way it was detailed by some site made it sound like just the kind of next-gen physics that I've been waiting for.

15-20 hours would have been ideal (TLoU), but I suppose for RAD's first AAA outing it will have to suffice :/

The Order 1886 sequel will be longer, probably.

I'd prefer something more snappy/faster paced rather than something that's full of unnecessary padding that doesn't add anything to the game.

Somewhere in the region of 8-12 depending on difficulty would be fine by me. I'll probably play it on hard anyway, as that's usually how I like my TPSs.

I genuinely laugh out loud.

As for the game, I'm not convinced yet.

Shush you! London is populated 100% by members of the Sir Harry Paget Flashman (VC KCB KCIE) appreciation society. It's main imports, carried from the colonies over the English channel in flying steam skiffs are mustache wax and opium.

Resolution and framerate are numbers purely dependent on the platform the game runs on, and only useful when trying to fuel a console war. Ryse is objectively way more advanced in terms of techniques used. But hey doesn't really matter now that RAD is about to shame everyone.

Unfortunately some posters in this forum completely disregard that once a PC game comes into play - see people arguing that PCars is more impressive than Driveclub with supersampled, impeccably antialiased screenshots. Platform wars would be more accurate.

jet1911

This is what I'm wondering too. It sounded really fucking cool and some of the media outlets that saw it were really impressed by it. I just would figure that if such an impressive looking thing was still in they would have shown it so that makes me kind of worried. The way it was detailed by some site made it sound like just the kind of next-gen physics that I've been waiting for.

Looking at how the door is destroyed when the character goes through it in the trailer I'm not sure soft-body physics are in anymore. :(

LoveCake

I just hope that everything works as it should on day one in the game (being a big complex game), because this current trend of games simply not working on day one is really starting to get to me now.

I have got the LE version on order, i had best not be let down!

Order 1866 is the only game i have left on pre-order after i cancelled all the others games i had because i am fed up with unfinished games being released!

Shinobi, I'm guessing you've seen / played a lot more of this game. How do you think it will review?
I haven't played the game, just engaged in a lot of conversations and seen more than your fair share. I think reviewers will be hard on it based on how reviews are today. I think they'll dock points for not "innovating enough" or having 'standard third person gameplay" or some such. Of course I don't agree with this line of thinking if it ends up how it reviews.

Based on what I know, the narrative is super strong. I'm not bringing the game down at all. If you're looking for a linear, cinematic, solid third person shooter with a strong narrative, gorgeous visuals/physics and punchy, fun shooting in a badass alternate Victorian London setting, with a bit of horror elements thrown in, you'll be happy. I am and that's why I'm hyped as fuck.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I haven't played the game, just engaged in a lot of conversations. I think reviewers will be hard on it based on how reviews are today. I think they'll dock points for not "innovating enough" or having 'standard third person gameplay" or some such. Of course I don't agree with this line of thinking if it ends up how it reviews.

Based on what I know, the narrative is super strong. I'm not bringing the game down at all. If you're looking for a linear, solid third person shooter with a strong narrative, gorgeous visuals/physics and punchy, fun shooting, you'll be happy. I am and that's why I'm hyped as fuck.
Those are my exact expectations. It won't win over people who don't like that sort of thing but it should be a real treat for those of us who do.

meppi

The one thing that really stands out for me is the feedback you get when firing a weapon.
The particle effects help substantially with this.

This game wasn't even on my radar due to the previous footage I've seen, but right now I'm willing to pick this game up around launch if impressions are very positive.
Main concerns right now are level design, dynamic nature of the encounters and enemy AI, and multitude of QTEs.
Very hopeful for this one though.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
The one thing that really stands out for me is the feedback you get when firing a weapon.
The particle effects help substantially with this.

This game wasn't even on my radar due to the previous footage I've seen, but right now I'm willing to pick this game up around launch if impressions are very positive.
Main concerns right now are level design, dynamic nature of the encounters and enemy AI, and multitude of QTEs.
Very hopeful for this one though.
People keep harping on gameplay as nothing to be excited for but the shooting in this game looks really, really good. Even negative recent impressions have noted that.

To the guys that quote me some of you took fairly long .
First time i beat TLOU took me around 14hrs on hard listening mode off and i won't say i rush threw it .

EDIT . Then again i did not bother to scavenge a lot since the supplies i got were good enougt along with stealth.

BumRush

I haven't played the game, just engaged in a lot of conversations and seen more than your fair share. I think reviewers will be hard on it based on how reviews are today. I think they'll dock points for not "innovating enough" or having 'standard third person gameplay" or some such. Of course I don't agree with this line of thinking if it ends up how it reviews.

Based on what I know, the narrative is super strong. I'm not bringing the game down at all. If you're looking for a linear, cinematic, solid third person shooter with a strong narrative, gorgeous visuals/physics and punchy, fun shooting in a badass alternate Victorian London setting, with a bit of horror elements thrown in, you'll be happy. I am and that's why I'm hyped as fuck.

Hype through the roof after this reply. Thanks for taking the time.

meppi

People keep harping on gameplay (or lack thereof) but the shooting in this game looks really, really good.

Oh it really does.
I didn't want to compare it to "that other series", but it certainly gives me some Gears vibes in that regard, only different. And that certainly is a very god thing. :)

It'll all depend on how the guns actually handle, but from the 15min B-roll clips it all seems to be very responsive and accurate. This coupled with how heavy the visual and audio feedback is will most likely make it feel very rewarding to shoot things.

Starting to actually feel a bit sad that there's no MP for this, even though I hate tacked on MP to most games that don't need it.

delta25

Banned

Mmmmmm
yHUyDv8.gif

You truly are the Hype-Sensei.

Might get the CE since I have a $25 discount at Gamestop. Would be cool to get the uber one, but those are out.

Yeah, that is what I expected from the start and would be more than happy with, provided QTEs and interruptions are not quite as frequent as they have seemed in the footage they have released. Gameplay should flow seemlessly. Don't need a three second cutscene every time I open a door.

That's exactly what I am looking for.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Yeah, that is what I expected from the start and would be more than happy with, provided QTEs and interruptions are not quite as frequent as they have seemed in the footage they have released. Gameplay should flow seemlessly. Don't need a three second cutscene every time I open a door.

The interruptions didn't look bad in the PSX demo. You open most of the doors and stuff yourself, not just waiting for allies to open them for you.

I expect the first few chapters to have more interruptions than later on. That seems to happen during the scene setting and tutorial areas of cinematic titles. Even Evil Within suffered from that. We've only seen footage of very early chapters as well, which could be why the interruptions seem so common.

Yeah whatever shinobi. Thanks for making the wait even more painful :|

Thanks for sharing stuffs :)

kle89

Neo Member
Even if it plays more like an action packed heavy rain I'm fine by it. The story is the main driving force for me to pick this up.

Jingo

This game is simply the game that is cool to hate,even if its one of the most beautiful games i ve ever seen, the story takes place in an amazing time and looks a really decent shooter, but hey, its the black duck of game industry.

TomShoe

Banned
This game is simply the game that is cool to hate,even if its one of the most beautiful games i ve ever seen, the story takes place in an amazing time and looks a really decent shooter, but hey, its the black duck of game industry.

The media is going to shit on it for clicks while the general populace marvels, furthering the divide between gaming media and consumers.

I can already see it now...

"But m-m-m-uh open world"

"Gears of War Gears of War Gears of War"

"It has OK grafix but..."

"Gameplay Gameplay Gameplay"

"This game has no soul"

"7.8 out of 10"

"So fucking sick of cover shooters"

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
The media is going to shit on it for clicks while the general populace marvels, furthering the divide between gaming media and consumers.

I don't even think it's that. I just think that video game journalists and reviewers are an overly insular group that's out of touch with fans.

wasn´t that melting door (with the help of thermite) part of this?

Shinobi's posts have brought me from excited to insanely excited. I've been trying to ignore most threads about The Order because of the constant cynicism surrounding it, so it's nice seeing people in here who are actually interested in it.

Lol! You should work in marketing, im buying the game day 1 now.

Shinobi's posts have brought me from excited to insanely excited. I've been trying to ignore most threads about The Order because of the constant cynicism surrounding it, so it's nice seeing people in here who are actually interested in it.

Just wait until you see Shinobi when it gets close to the Mass Effect 4 release date. If anyone can convince people around here that Mass Effect 3's ending is all in the past, it would be him.

You haven't seen anything yet.

Or they legitimate concerns about the game.

Weird to see do many people feel this game is being singled out for 'hate' when that couldn't be further from the truth.

So pretty much Gears of War meets Uncharted/Heavy Rain??

I'm happy with that.

nib95

Banned

Pretty much my thoughts regarding why I'm interested. On a side note, are third person cover based shooters really that common? There so far seems to be a decided lack of them on the next gen systems. Besides maybe the Last Of Us Remastered, what actually is there on these new consoles of this genre? I suppose GTA might loosely count?

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
8 hour game with no MP? Yeah i just don't see me buying this at launch. Was hoping the campaign would beat least 12h like Wolfenstein.

Pretty much my thoughts regarding why I'm interested. On a side note, are third person cover based shooters really that common? There so far seems to be a decided lack of them on the next gen systems. Besides maybe the Last Of Us Remastered, what actually is there on these new consoles of this genre? I suppose GTA might loosely count?

There aren't any. This will be the first current gen third person cover shooter.

SSReborn

Or they legitimate concerns about the game.

Weird to see do many people feel this game is being singled out for 'hate' when that couldn't be further from the truth.
I feel like it's the game to "hate" at the moment but it's not like it's a unique thing to the Order 1886. It's happened to many games in the past from DmC to Tomb Raider, to Ryse, to Watchdogs. So it's not like it's being singled out.

nib95

Banned
There aren't any. This will be the first current gen third person cover shooter.

Well, there you go. Which is another reason why I don't get some of the complaints that make it seem as though cinematic third person shooters are saturating the market, they really aren't. I'd actually argue that open world games are the current fad in game design, based on the insane number of prominent games opting for such. Not necessarily a bad thing mind, but I love variety in my gaming and welcome a bit of everything.

I feel like it's the game to "hate" at the moment but it's not like it's a unique thing to the Order 1886. It's happened to many games in the past from DmC to Tomb Raider, to Ryse, to Watchdogs. So it's not like it's being singled out.

I think people are too focused on a very small vocal minority who have issues with the game more than anything else.

It's certainly not receiving the levels of hate Ryse did. That game was so brutally trashed, it never stood a chance because of it...

Top Bottom