• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Outer Worlds trailer: Come to Halcyon

Teslerum

The trailer has now been officialy released on a PAX East panel about the charachter design:

Was a decent panel. Its also the best trailer so far.

Last edited:

Quasicat

I was going to pick this up on Xbox, but I want to see how the Switch version runs. Of course, by the time the Xbox version comes out, I could try it out on remote play to see how that runs on my GPD XD.

Siri

Banned
This used to be my most anticipated game of 2019..... but every gameplay video I see just leaves me cold. It looks extremely dated - almost as though it’s a New Vegas mod or something. I’m a big atmosphere guy, and this game’s atmosphere seems very bland. (That said, I’m still buying it day one. Hopefully the game itself will rise above its dated look.)

xrnzaaas

This used to be my most anticipated game of 2019..... but every gameplay video I see just leaves me cold. It looks extremely dated - almost as though it’s a New Vegas mod or something. I’m a big atmosphere guy, and this game’s atmosphere seems very bland. (That said, I’m still buying it day one. Hopefully the game itself will rise above its dated look.)
It's not that surprising, they didn't have backing from Microsoft when they were starting this project and it's still not a Microsoft exclusive. Hopefully they'll get bigger funding for a (potential) sequel.

Vawn

Banned
Hopefully this runs good on Switch. I'm not sure I'm interested in this enough to be tied 100% to the TV on PS4, but it could make a great Switch experience.

Stimpak

Delicious, I’m so hype for this game.

It’s like it’s made especially for me.

A6qTtdy.gif

This could be a good game, but it looks VERY rough... Will need a loooooooooooot of patching....

I put up with restarting New Vegas multiple times and it's overall janky shit-ness. I recently replayed it modded to high heaven and it still looked and played like hot garbage but the RPG under all that steaming shit is worth it. I'm hoping this will be the case again, though a bit less clunk and bug would be great.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Outer Worlds looks like Fallout with a more colourful sci-fi setting. Not that it's a bad thing since I like Fallout games.

But that lip-syncing is awful.

Humdinger

I like the inclusion of humor. Most games take themselves too seriously. I play games for fun. It looks like people had fun making it. I'm in. I won't get it at release, but I'll get it eventually.

Dontero

Banned
BTW anyone on PC, gamepass for PC is for like 1$ for a month and you can end subscription and rejoin subscription for another 1$ next month.

So anyone on PC can play it easily for 1$ on release day as well as gears 5 and few other MS titles.

is this an RPG or an FPS?

Fallout New Vegas spiritual succesor. So first RPG action game second.

Looks rough but I’m not graphics fanatic, story and gameplay are far more important to me. We’ll see, hope for the best.

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
Sure it looks rough... yeah, can’t argue...

But new Vegas wasn’t exactly a looker, and remember how awful a game that was? No? There you go then.

Yes I remember how awful it was and how buggy it was and a fucking technical mess. Ignorant people will not remember. Was it better than Fallout 3? Yes but that's really not something to brag about. Besides, that was 9 years ago. You'd think they would've mastered the technical issues in their games by now but who cares when Obsidian has blind followers who are clearly dwindling and getting tired of them never improving and PoE2 sales speak for themselves.

Last edited:

McRazzle

Horrible A.I.
I thought something was up when they announced they were porting it to the Switch, it's not like Gearbox to go out of it's way like that.

Looks like Microsoft bought another Rare., a shell of a studio where all the talent from it's glory days has already moved on.

Top Bottom