• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Outlast II teaser

UberLevi

They keep nailing the marketing for this. First Outlast was excellent and I can't wait for some of this creepy deep-south cult religion shit. True Detective meets Outlast, you might as well just cancel my 5 o' clock harem meetup when this game releases because I'll have more important shit to do that day.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
If there's one element from Outlast I bet will appear again, it's the Walrider.
On account it's the only stalker that escapes from Mount Massive alive.
I hope so.
Still with the DLC, th wallrider was entmystified so much.
In the early game I always was what the fucking hell is a Wallrider supposed to be!?!

DukeBobby

Well, this has certainly piqued my interest.

I was obsessed with the Jonestown case a few years back. Saw all of the documentaries, films, and even listened to that death tape posted in this thread.

Wasn't a massive fan of the first Outlast, but they're certainly hitting all the right notes so far, at least from a marketing perspective. I need to see some gameplay footage first to solidify my purchasing decision.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Also should mention one of the two other teasers we have is this:

outlast-2.jpg

The teaser I'm hoping might mean the game might have some kind of combat in it, though I trust them to not make it empowering if that's the case. It could also just mean an enemy has a Cross pickaxe, but I'm hopeful. I think horror cam work, and more so work better in some cases, knowing you have to face up to staggering challenges and survive than run and hide. Needs a fair balance, however. Too much and it takes away. But they can also change their hiding game to make Outlast 2 interesting. I'm just hoping it does some more to mix itself up. The setting is interesting, and I'm all in with that regard.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Curious if they will keep the closed Locations setting. Gameplay makes no sense otherwise, unles they reinvent the formular, but I doubt this.
But I kinda dont see this setting work with the mechanic and when it would take place

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Curious if they will keep the closed Locations setting. Gameplay makes no sense otherwise, unles they reinvent the formular, but I doubt this.
But I kinda dont see this setting work with the mechanic and when it would take place

All we know on exact setting is deep south, and that above picture, which is definitely outside. I expect they'll switch it up, they originally had said around the time of Whistleblower that they wouldn't make an Outlast 2 unless they had a great idea that would be different than the original game, then less than a year later they announced Outlast 2, so I have faith (ehehehehe) that they have some big ideas of how to change it up outside of being in deep religious south (which I always like deep religious south horror stories, so I'm sold on that at least).

Melchiah

Oh god at 26min, you can hear the children crying after drinking the cyanide kool aid. The children have to be killed first so that the communist don't get to them.

According to a documentary I saw recently, the children were killed first, because then the parents were easier to persuade into killing themselves as they had nothing to live for. Jones also made them practise taking fake-poison several times, in the case of an upcoming attack to the camp. so they were already familiar with the idea.

I'm a sucker for this setting, creepy religious/cult stuff is the scariest, +1 for recommending "The Sacrament" the movie is great if people haven't seen it yet

glow

Banned
This could be cool. Have the whole game be about stealthily escaping from a cult camp, maybe rescuing some other members along the way. FUCK playing this in VR though, not even I have the balls for that madness..

Top Bottom