• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Outlast II teaser

Evo X

He's speaking backwards. Here's the video in reverse:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7eLNCWtG14

I transcribed as best I could, but still missing some things.

"children, you lovers of god and defenders of his paradise, all our years of suffering come together now in this glorious day of peace. Even in the filthy and corrupt time if the Romans, in the Puritan city. On the fourth month and twenty second day of the 16th year of the 3rd millennium our reckoning begins. The lamb waits as the ...hungry for this world...ready or not. thirst for blood and we like the angels must show no mercy. god love you"

El_Chino

"children, you lovers of god and defenders of his paradise all our years of suffering come together now in this glorious day of ... in the corrupt and filthy ... on the fourth month and twenty second day of the 16th year of the 3rd millennium our reckoning begins. waits at the ... for this world... thirst for blood and we like the angels must show no mercy. god love you"

A new trailer on April 22nd?

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.

"children, you lovers of god and defenders of his paradise all our years of suffering come together now in this glorious day of ... in the corrupt and filthy ... on the fourth month and twenty second day of the 16th year of the 3rd millennium our reckoning begins. waits at the ... for this world... thirst for blood and we like the angels must show no mercy. god love you"

Ah yeah, thought so because of the upside-down cross. Thanks.

Turkoop

Banned
GUYS WHEN IS PAX EAST
PQA4WI7.jpg

https://twitter.com/EvolveTom/status/717038501187887104

EDIT: 22ND APRIL - 24TH APRIL

etta

my hard graphic balls
Man, this is some creepy religion stuff. Reminds me of True Detective's first season hmmmm.

Zeneric

Looking forward to this. Outlast scared the shit outta me (stopped halfway of the game). Ima replay it this week (and complete it) with a new GPU.

Drajikore

Neo Member

I transcribed as best I could, but still missing some things.

"children, you lovers of god and ringstraight(?) defenders of his paradise, all our years of suffering come together now in this glorious day of peace. PEACE? Even in the filthy and corrupt time (I heard tounges) if the Romans, in the Puritan city. On the fourth month and twenty second day of the 16th year of the 3rd millennium our reckoning begins. The spider eyed lamb waits as the hull is breached ...hungry for this world...ready or not. For the good Earth thirst for blood and we like the angels must show no mercy. god loves you"

Added in bold what I heard

Man, this is some creepy religion stuff. Reminds me of True Detective's first season hmmmm.
Do watch this VICE special. Chilling stuff.

The Real 'True Detective'?
Ten years ago, the town of Ponchatoula, Louisiana, was traumatized when a local church's secret Satan worship, ritualized child molestation, and animal sacrifices came to light. Rust Cohle may be a fictional character, and time may not really be a flat circle, but that sounds an awful lot like the events of the first season of HBO's hit True Detective. In this episode of our brand-new series The Real, we went down to Ponchatoula to meet Stuart Murphy and Tom Tedder, two law enforcement officials who helped put these terrible, true events in Ponchatoula's rearview mirror.​

One of the kid's drawings.
vice_the_real_true_detective_by_digi_matrix-d9xusqf.jpg

The Jonestown Death Tape (FBI No. Q 042) [Transcript]

Listening to that 45 min sermon by Jim Jones being scared of some communist invasion as they're getting ready for the mass suicide by cyanide-laced Kool Aid is creepy as hell!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He was a communist himself, he was scared of the Feds. His goons did just kill a congressman and some NBC employees. Supposedly he was working with the Soviets on some sort of exodus.

The first Outlast is the only game that has made me want to stop playing because I was scared. I want to play 2 but I also don't.

Oh god at 26min, you can hear the children crying after drinking the cyanide kool aid. The children have to be killed first so that the communist don't get to them.

"They’re not crying from pain. It’s just a little bitter tasting."

"I’m looking at so many people crying. I wish you would not cry. And just thank Father."

Jones: "It’s far, far harder to have to walk through every day, die slowly — and from the time you’re a child ’til the time you get gray, you’re dying."

Can officially say this is the creepiest shit I've gotten into for anticipation for a videogame.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I hope they do something to mix up the gameplay more. I liked Outlast and its DLC quite a bit, but I think the game would suffer if it was too samey to the first game, which was a bit repetitive and got less scary as it went on because it got predictable.

Oh god at 26min, you can hear the children crying after drinking the cyanide kool aid. The children have to be killed first so that the communist don't get to them.

"They’re not crying from pain. It’s just a little bitter tasting."

"I’m looking at so many people crying. I wish you would not cry. And just thank Father."

Jones: "It’s far, far harder to have to walk through every day, die slowly — and from the time you’re a child ’til the time you get gray, you’re dying."

Can officially say this is the creepiest shit I've gotten into for anticipation for a videogame.

Did you not know about Jamestown? It's been the source of inspiration for a few horror movies, most recently that popular one in 2014, Sacrament. Somehow I knew about it way before I was into horror though, I don't remember how I learned about it, but I remember knowing about it in elementary school. And there was a popular song my dad liked he explained to me in Middle School, but I already knew the story, about the incident, and to not, 'drink the koolaid.'

I'm quite amazed that a lot of people here don't know about Jonestown.

The game's theme seems to be coming along nicely, on topic. Interested to see some footage/playthroughs.

Top Bottom